The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

On 11/3/2018 at 6:38 PM, RochesterRob said:

It's been 30 years since he has made the tiniest amount of sense.  

I read somewhere that he's a charlatan. He used to hold opinions fairly consistent with prevailing theories in economics, then he realized the opportunity for personal enrichment by acting as a propagandist for the left.

I think that is most likely true. I don't believe a man with his background and intelligence would make some of the truly retarded comments he's made over the years otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I read somewhere that he's a charlatan. He used to hold opinions fairly consistent with prevailing theories in economics, then he realized the opportunity for personal enrichment by acting as a propagandist for the left.

I think that is most likely true. I don't believe a man with his background and intelligence would make some of the truly retarded comments he's made over the years otherwise.

I agree with your statement.  I remember reading some of his columns back in the 1980's.  Then it was like he was told he had to "play ball" or get out of the media business.  He sold his soul for sure.

2 hours ago, bbb said:

I don't have any idea why people on the right think MSM is biased:

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Trending Now Nov 4, 8:21 PM

The 2016 election showed that a candidate could win by stoking racism. Will Republicans who use that strategy find victory in 2018?

By running so overtly on racially tinged messages, the GOP is putting an explosive form of politics on the ballot. If Republicans maintain control of the House, the notion of running a campaign built on blunt, race-based attacks on immigrants and minorities will have been validated. A loss, on the other hand, might prompt a number of Republicans to call for a rethinking of the party’s direction — but that would collide with a sitting president who, if anything, relishes over-the-edge rhetoric.

The stakes for the party’s future are immense. Republicans now are an overwhelmingly white party, whereas Democrats represent a multiethnic coalition. The problem for Republicans is that the nation is moving swiftly in the direction of Democratic demographics.

Read more »

I don't see any "overtly racially tinged messages" by Republicans in any races.

I do see plenty of ads from the left claiming the Republicans have an "overtly racially tinged message."  But I don't see any actual messages.  

• Like (+1) 4

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pete should know better considering his father, NYPD, died on 9/11. 

Then again, he gave Ariana Grande his father's badge when they first started dating so Pete's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd love to see the Pete kid knocked blind just for 1 week. Of course, #prayforpete and all of that would be amassed by the idiots.

If I am this kid I go so a charity job where I have myself blindfolded for a week and live as a blind person to repent but more importantly make myself more famous because I'm a liberal hypocrite B word and get away with it.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:21 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Pete should know better considering his father, NYPD, died on 9/11. 

Then again, he gave Ariana Grande his father's badge when they first started dating so Pete's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Pursuit of comedy is a fullstop excuse.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well........................no point waiting til tomorrow to announce the "results"

Ya gotta beat CNN, I hear that they have Gillum winning by a full point......................:w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, Koko78 said:

He's the lefty "funny man" who has a sob story, so you can't attack him when he says stupid and offensive things.

They trotted him out to attack Kanye's mental health, and because Davidson is diagnosed as bi-polar, it's ok he made fun of Kanye's problems.

He's awful. He's not funny. I don't know if you saw the rest of that Weekend Update segment, but it was actually hilarious. 

And they ripped a lot on the Republicans and conservatives, but I can take a joke if it's good. None of his were.

He lives in ***** New York and doesn't have a clue who Peter King is according to himself in that bit. The making fun on a one eyed guy is because he just can't write. Then he gave this heartfelt comment because some B word who licks donuts and dates guys with drug problems is a great person. I mean he left out the middle part, but I watched SNL for the ***** of it the last 2 weeks and he has been awful.