The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

25 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Enrolled?

This comic is the distillation - by accident - of the cluelessness of the liberal elite. The fact that they are so far removed from having to even consider military service becomes fairly clear when they use the term "enroll". You *enlist*, and its not a semantic difference.

NYT thinks our troops want to fight in the Middle East instead of protecting America's border.

It actually shows that the NYT has no idea what the average soldier thinks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Enrolled?

This comic is the distillation - by accident - of the cluelessness of the liberal elite. The fact that they are so far removed from having to even consider military service becomes fairly clear when they use the term "enroll". You *enlist*, and its not a semantic difference.

NYT thinks our troops want to fight in the Middle East instead of protecting America's border.

It actually shows that the NYT has no idea what the average soldier thinks.

Well said

You enroll in school

You enlist in the military

And service members don't enlist to go fight in the middle east.  They enlist to serve their country

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...is that comic arguing FOR an increased military presence in the Middle East?  

And if you notice all those soldiers are male and right handed.  Therefore that cartoon is sexist and re-enforces left brain dominance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

34ru06d.jpg

A Guy Fawkes mask (who was tried and executed for trying to blow up Parliament)

A Scream mask (of a serial killer who preys on teenagers)

And Satan... 

... All running from Trump. And that's a bad thing?

I'm guessing the imagery wasn't thought out. Or it was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pete should know better considering his father, NYPD, died on 9/11. 

Then again, he gave Ariana Grande his father's badge when they first started dating so Pete's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I have no idea who the hell that guy is, but I was somehow reminded I haven't watched "The Lost Boys" in a while.

He's the lefty "funny man" who has a sob story, so you can't attack him when he says stupid and offensive things.

They trotted him out to attack Kanye's mental health, and because Davidson is diagnosed as bi-polar, it's ok he made fun of Kanye's problems.

I don't have any idea why people on the right think MSM is biased:

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Trending Now Nov 4, 8:21 PM

The 2016 election showed that a candidate could win by stoking racism. Will Republicans who use that strategy find victory in 2018?

By running so overtly on racially tinged messages, the GOP is putting an explosive form of politics on the ballot. If Republicans maintain control of the House, the notion of running a campaign built on blunt, race-based attacks on immigrants and minorities will have been validated. A loss, on the other hand, might prompt a number of Republicans to call for a rethinking of the party’s direction — but that would collide with a sitting president who, if anything, relishes over-the-edge rhetoric.

The stakes for the party’s future are immense. Republicans now are an overwhelmingly white party, whereas Democrats represent a multiethnic coalition. The problem for Republicans is that the nation is moving swiftly in the direction of Democratic demographics.

Read more »
  • Like (+1) 1