The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I would rather not hear any more lectures about “rhetoric” from journalists who thought that gleefully printing and spreading insane, false gang rape allegations against Justice Kavanaugh a month ago was an ethical, reasonable thing to do

Well said.............

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

On today’s episode, our hero tries to get White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders to acknowledge that Donald Trump is responsible for the mail bomb scare. Let’s see how that goes!

You’d be hard-pressed to find a Real Journalist™ more insufferable than Jim Acosta. He’s actually trying to paint himself and CNN as the victims. That’s some chutzpah, right there.

White House message, delivered twice so far by Sarah Sanders:

“The very first action the president did was condemn these heinous acts. The very first thing that the media did was condemn the president.”

Man, I only got to listen to it before - but that's even worse the second time, especially with his mug contorting as he tries to find a way to "trap" her.

Acosta, like most of Trump's enemies, do more to help him than hurt him just by being insane. You'd think they'd have figured that out by now.  

In the last 12 hours, Democrats and the media have said Trump and/or Republicans

have radicalized more people than ISIS,

are behaving like Nazi Germany

and have inspired a political climate like Rwanda.

Also, that Trump  should tone down his rhetoric.

:wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Honest question here. How do you guys feel about Trump's proposal to circumvent the 14th amendment? 

Most would probably agree that the birth right of citizenship has been abused for decades.  We'll see if the President tries to take action on it and if it ends up in the courts, the interpretation of 14th and some other clauses will be an interesting fight.

And

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/levin-completely-false-children-born-illegals-have-constitutional-right

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Honest question here. How do you guys feel about Trump's proposal to circumvent the 14th amendment? 

It's completely irrelevant and not even worth discussing.  He can't do what he's saying, for several reasons...the 14th Amendment being the weakest reason of them.

He's once again just saying stupid ***** to distract Democrats and the media from something else - in this case, from sending troops to the boarder [sic].

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Reminds me of a old saying :         What are they going to do ,  take away my birthday  ?   

11 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Most would probably agree that the birth right of citizenship has been abused for decades.  We'll see if the President tries to take action on it and if it ends up in the courts, the interpretation of 14th and some other clauses will be an interesting fight.

And

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/levin-completely-false-children-born-illegals-have-constitutional-right

Appreciate it. I was looking for some of the more thoughtful posters' interpretation of the language.

I understand the talking points from both sides and have very little interest in them.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Stewart is absolutely correct. Many journalists are narcissistic asswads with delusions that they are more important than they actually are. They really think that they are heroes fighting against tyranny, and cannot comprehend that they're being played for the fools they truly are.

SiriusXM has a station called POTUS. Every afternoon they have a show called The Press Pool, hosted by Julie Mason (an ex-White House reporter). For the most part, it's an interesting show, but on Fridays she does a 'reporters round table', where she and her panel of guest journalists discuss whatever. It's amazing listen to the ego stroking clueless lefty echo chamber they turn into. They honestly don't realize or understand how stupid and biased Trump makes them look.

The sad part is that they don't even have to be 'fake news' to trash Trump. He sets them up perfectly, but they always have to go with that extra blatant lie (whether outright or by omission.)

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/is-this-what-they-call-a-dog-whistle.php

IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL A DOG WHISTLE?

by Scott Johnson

President Trump campaigned for Republican candidates at a rally in Estero, Florida. C-SPAN has posted the video here. Adam Kredo’s Washington Free Beacon account of the speech prompted me to track it down and transcribe the president’s opening remarks:

Before going any further I went to take a moment to address the horrific shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. It was terrible. Eleven Americans were brutally murdered in an evil anti-Semitic attack. Yesterday I traveled to Pittsburgh to meet with the families and first responders and I especially want to thank Rabbi Jeffrey Myers. He was terrific. He was terrific. Fine man. We grieve for the families of the fallen and we send our eternal gratitude to the law enforcement officers who sustained severe injuries taking down the gunman. They were incredibile. They were incredibile. They were incredibile. As bad as it was, it could have been far worse and they got there fast. We pledge our resolve to remove the vile poison of anti-Semitism and so many other problems from our world and we reaffirm our unbreakable solidarity with the Jewish people.

That was in the first five minutes. More of interest follows, including a comment or two about Israel, but I wanted to get that down for the record. The AP’s running account of Trump’s rally last night — posted here by the New York Times — somehow omits any mention of the remarks, as does the Times’s own account of the event by Katie Rogers.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/10/trump-is-finished-because-the-media-say-so.php

TRUMP IS FINISHED, BECAUSE THE MEDIA SAY SO!

by Steven Hayward

My impression is that Trump has been steadily growing stronger and more confident as president since his inauguration. He still has some very bad moments and ill-advised tweets, but it is a fantasy that he will be driven from office barring anything truly scandalous from the Mueller investigation, and I’m pretty sure we’d have had it by now if there was anything to the Russia collusion story.

I’m thinking there’s an inverse relationship between Trump’s strength and media hysteria. 

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You want to annoy them with brags about your sexual exploits with farm animals?

Can you say, without a doubt that those exploits were limited to farm animals and that no domesticated animals were ever involved?