The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From the picture above you guys should realize that I am a champion fisherman. Nobody but nobody catches Bluegills like I do. You guys want to talk fish, talk to me.

you are the chosen one to talk fishing with Bob

you have the cover story

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have the cover story

Bob is the one that talks about a "stringer of sturgeon" as if they were perch. How many 650# sturgeon can you carry on your stringer?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Bob is the one that talks about a "stringer of sturgeon" as if they were perch. How many 650# sturgeon can you carry on your stringer?

when you are tripping balls i guess you think a dozen or so....

Bob saw Jaws in the theatre and thought the shark was just a minnow compared to the big game fish he has taken down

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have the cover story

Probably a good idea to extricate yourself from fishing conversations.  You asked me directly to 'test your Canadian-ness', so I did. 

As we all now know, you failed miserably with your tales of portaging massive canoes and  stringers of rotting sturgeon through the woodlands of Northern Ontario.  In addition thought I'd mention, the world record sturgeon is about twice the size of the one pictured above.  You're gonna need a bigger boat.....get it?

Hey, wait a minute.  Where is your third line?  All your drivel comes in 3's.  Maybe it was a GFY to 3rd?  We all know any real Canadian would apologize profusely for any misunderstanding well before resorting to GFY, as you did to me above.  Not a Russian though.  I hear they are real pricks.  Is that true with respect to your Russian family and friends?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Not a Russian though.  I hear they are real pricks.  Is that true with respect to your Russian family and friends?

Still pushing "ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A RUSSIAN SUPPORTER/BOT!" almost a FULL year after that entire narrative was thoroughly and completely debunked.

In 2019 the evidence is clear that the actual Russian agenda was not to help one side over the other, but to sew EXACTLY this kind of division. To have people blindly accuse one another of being "PUTIN SUPPORTERS" or "RACISTS!" rather than trying to bridge the divide through rational, reasonable conversation based on evidence and fact rather than partisan emotion.

But Bob missed all that, because he's still (lying) about having no opinion on the Trump/Russia narrative. And rather than learning the truth, Bob has ensconced himself in a bubble of ignorance because his emotions trump logic and reason. Rather than educating himself on the realities of the situation, and the facts available in OS, he's doubled down PROVEN lies and distortion because he'd rather believe a conspiracy theory than admit he was had. 

The result?

Now Bob is ACTIVELY PUSHING Putin's agenda, unknowingly, because he's the literal walking embodiment of a "useful idiot".

It would be sad if it wasn't completely deserved.  

DR is on ignore for me.  Yeah, he knows he is on ignore and so likes to use that opportunity to appear to have the last and definitive word.  I have tried to take him off ignore several times but time after time, he proves he can't really control himself.  He cannot seem to disagree without badgering and insulting.  So, I put him back on ignore.

He has lost his objectivity.  He has fallen into the narrative that Trump was wronged by everyone that suspected there might be wrongdoing in his 2016 campaign.  His flawed logic seems to go that since Trump was wronged then and Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy charges, that the guy is a now proven saint.  The story goes that Trump was illegally investigated and so any future investigations are therefore also unwarranted and in fact, illegitimate attempts to overthrow the President.  I did mentioned flawed, right?

So, to summarize.....His opinions are facts.  Your facts are just ill informed opinions.  Basically he is too brilliant and his logic flawless.  No one knows more.  Since he puts in the most time on research, he must know the most truth.  No one else's sources of information are credible.  If a source was credible but now states anything negative against the President, they are now evil and no longer credible.

DR, as I have told you, I would rather not engage with you.  I have literally begged you many times to stop replying to me unless you are quoted.  YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY THAT VERY REASONABLE REQUEST.   That is a little twisted and certainly not right, imo.  I should be allowed to carry on conversations with other posters without you interjecting yourself but your butting in regularly takes over the conversation.  YOUR REPLIES STIFLE THE REPLIES FROM THE OTHERS THAT I WISH TO CONVERSE WITH.   When I wish to interact with you, I will quote you.  Otherwise, assume I do not wish to hear from you.

You butt in and claim you know everything and no one else knows the real story.  That may or may not be the case but when adults are conversing and they have repeatedly asked you to stay out of their conversation, please do so.  While not public, the board is designed to allow posters to interact and have discussions.  Stop taking over every discussion on this topic..

You love to give advice.  Try listening to some for a change.  Stop acting like a know-it-all.  Stop butting in, even when you think you know more.  Others should be allowed to converse without your interjections.   Stop harassing those that disagree with you.  Please take that advice to heart.  I think it could help you to become a better poster.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

DR is on ignore for me.  Yeah, he knows he is on ignore and so likes to use that opportunity to appear to have the last and definitive word. 

I'm just pointing out you're a useful idiot, pushing a Russian narrative while calling others Russian. 

Your own ignorance is on display for all to see. And rather than think about what's being said, and understanding that it's accurate, you double down.

Why? 

Because you're a dishonest, ignorant person who is out of his depth on these conversations. And I'll keep pointing it out, every time you post something that's Russian disinformation because the truth always comes out Bob. 

You were had. Badly. 

And it shows. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR, as I have told you, I would rather not engage with you.  I have literally begged you many times to stop replying to me unless you are quoted.  YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY THAT VERY REASONABLE REQUEST.  

I have the right to air my opinion on a public/private board, Bob. You're trying to control my speech because you can't argue the points I raise. Again, that's a Russian/fascist tactic: Can't argue with them, so you try to silence them. Don't you see how that makes you an asshat?

I do.

And it won't work on me anyway. I've got a hard time shutting up when I hear proven lies and disinformation passed off as fact as you like to do. It's cost me a lot the past three years, speaking up like I do. But it never stopped me, and certainly your impotent pleas to "DON'T ENGAGE UNLESS I TELL YOU TO" won't work either. If you don't want me to engage and point out your ignorance, stop posting ignorant things and become better informed.

I've tried to help you, politely (for YEARS) and you've refused and become hostile. So, now I'll just happily point out your ignorance for all to see when you post it. 

There's an EASY fix to this problem, Bob. It's got nothing to do with trying to control my language, and everything to do with you doing some more independent thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

From the picture above you guys should realize that I am a champion fisherman. Nobody but nobody catches Bluegills like I do. You guys want to talk fish, talk to me.

...stand down bro......you don't have a prayer against me...get over it..........

image.png.e3fbd6e20395e6dd47c5311000cbde24.png

• Haha (+1) 1

Who let CNN have first dibs on shaping a new narrative? Did they simply decide "oh *****!" and are now gonna try some semi-accurate reporting?  @Deranged Rhino, I don't know all the media people involved in this (just some of the NYT names).   Besides all the former FBI people they may have hired, is anyone else on CNN's staff going to be named in the OIG report?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Who let CNN have first dibs on shaping a new narrative? Did they simply decide "oh *****!" and are now gonna try some semi-accurate reporting?  @Deranged Rhino, I don't know all the media people involved in this (just some of the NYT names).   Besides all the former FBI people they may have hired, is anyone else on CNN's staff going to be named in the OIG report?

The best bet would be Tapper. He was a part of the dossier/comey firing gambit, working with Clapper/Comey/Brennan to set the dossier trap -- I expect that will be covered at length, at least Comey's side of it. Because Clapper is the suspected leaker, and isn't in the DOJ, they might save this for Durham's report though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CHRISTIAN TOTO:  ‘Richard Jewell’ Paints Press as ‘Reckless, Corrupt, Immoral.’

“Yes, the events in the film took place more than 20 years ago, but once again Eastwood gets the zeitgeist better than his peers.

While they stumble over repeated Fox News films and fawning media portraits, he’s showcasing what’s happening in the media today. Right now.

Just this week we saw both AFP and Reuters ‘disappear’ a news story because if made President Barack Obama, not President Donald Trump, look bad.”

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

let's not forget that this report has been circulating behind the scenes for awhile now. those included in the report are/have had the chance to review what is said about them and to make written rebuttals to the DOJ. it kind of makes sense that the former spooks hired by the resistance will have knowledge, due to them being in the report.

expect more leaks as we draw closer to the actual release because, that's what these people do.

• Like (+1) 2