The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I may be wrong, but so much that goes into the natural search ranking is total impressions, links to other sites, clicks etc. More people lean left, more media leans left, hense CNN, NYT, and WAPO naturally will be top of the list. Maybe someone that has a much deeper understanding of the rankings and SEO can weigh in, but this seems to not offer any substance, only the recognition that more people get their news from those sources than other sources.

I mean, all I hear is the MSM leans left, it is the entirety of this thread, so those search results make perfect sense to me

No one knows Google's exact algorithm as it is tweaked daily.  
(edited to add: "no one" refers to the average person, or even an SEO "expert", not google itself)

"Good" linkbacks from other "good" (ie not spam as designated by... Google) sites are a strong indicator of a "good source".  This is going beyond that. When a story comes out from 5 sites, the point is if a "conservative" leaning site breaks the source (and is credited by CNN, WaPo, NYT, etc), it will not rank first, the "left" leaning site will.  I am assuming every one of those sites is in the 90s for (supposedly non-existent) google authority (Fox, CNN, WaPo, NYT, etc) so all things being equal, the conservative site should rank 1st as it broke the story, has credited links, and equal authority -  on a clean browser (nothing with handy-dandy google tracking on it).  That is not the case. The same thing is happening with the carousels and other google images. It is all manipulated by Google to lean the way they (google) would like.

Duckduckgo.com  It has come a long way. ? 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one knows Google's exact algorithm as it is tweaked daily.  
(edited to add: "no one" refers to the average person, or even an SEO "expert", not google itself)

"Good" linkbacks from other "good" (ie not spam as designated by... Google) sites are a strong indicator of a "good source".  This is going beyond that. When a story comes out from 5 sites, the point is if a "conservative" leaning site breaks the source (and is credited by CNN, WaPo, NYT, etc), it will not rank first, the "left" leaning site will.  I am assuming every one of those sites is in the 90s for (supposedly non-existent) google authority (Fox, CNN, WaPo, NYT, etc) so all things being equal, the conservative site should rank 1st as it broke the story, has credited links, and equal authority -  on a clean browser (nothing with handy-dandy google tracking on it).  That is not the case. The same thing is happening with the carousels and other google images. It is all manipulated by Google to lean the way they (google) would like.

Duckduckgo.com  It has come a long way. ? 

TY, obviously you know a lot more about that stuff than I!!!!

On 5/13/2019 at 1:26 PM, B-Man said:

Democrats now adopting a consistent strategy of claiming that calling out their lies and antisemitism is incitement.

Only happening because media won’t call them out.

Good thing they have zero influence for the next 8 or so years

Good for her! 

"Hate-for-profit works only if there’s profit, so Fox News balances a mix of bigotry, racism, and outright lies with enough legit journalism to make the claim to advertisers that it’s a reputable news outlet. It’s all about dragging in ad money — big ad money.”

Since Gator was too stupid to reference his quote:

Liz Warren: ‘Fox News Is a Hate-For-Profit Racket That Gives a Megaphone to Racists and Conspiracists.’

I EAGERLY AWAIT THE MEDIA’S CONDEMNATION OF THIS ATTACK ON THE FREE PRESS  ?

Of course, the fact that several of her Clown Car Candidates have already done a successful "Town Hall" on Fox couldn't have been a factor...........right ?  ?

Apparently declaring Fox News “a hate-for-profit racket” was only the beginning of Elizabeth Warren’s latest crusade. Because from the looks of things, she’s just posted this on Instagram

Images of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Judge Jeanine, and Laura Ingraham

This kind of stuff is called incitement when POTUS does it to CNN

Ahhhh leftists..............don't ever change....Related image

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

Once again I’m left feeling like Ralphie in “A Christmas Story” after he finally gets the Li’l Orphan Annie decoder pin.

Warren’s big anti-Fox-News play was ...............… a crummy commercial?

?

“instead of helping Fox News turn a fatter profit, I’ll keep building the grassroots movement that we need to win in 2020 and make real change starting in 2021. If you’re with me, will you pitch in $3...?”

Her “no Fox News” policy, recent though it is, seems to have been well received on activist left-wing websites today, which of course was the point. 

A scary graphic singling out individual hosts accompanied by language about “stopping” a media outlet would have earned some stern words about incitement and the First Amendment from our journalism guild had it come from a Republican, and not just Trump. Warren will be given a pass because, well, the rules for Democrats are different.

Image result for laughing horse

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/14/warren-doubles-time-stop-fox-newss-hate-profit-machine-sending-money/

Fox gives Juan Williams more time than the rest of the panel combined to sputter his drivel

and Dem House members are on most shows get a fair shake on Fox

its okay to have a little give and take on views, it’s how truth is found 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I’m neither a Republican or a Democratic, but if the Republican Party is a terrorist organization, then..............

WTF is the Democratic Party?

F'n commies.

41 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Isn't Cali already trying to rig their ballots so Trump can't be on it in 2020?

They're attempting to make a law that says anyone not releasing their income tax records cannot be on the ballot in CA. The problem with that is that they don't get to write the specs for a federal election.