The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Yelling at the press is not unique or new in American politics, and in fact, compared to the past, this week's display of displeasure for Acosta and co. was positively mild.

Let's go on a Throwback Thursday trip to 2008. This is video I captured myself (Caleb Howe) during the Recreate 68 protest march at the DNC in Denver. (Language Warning)

That is a Fox News crew covering the protest. I was watching as the crowd figured out who they were and went from zero to zeroing-in in a matter of minutes. At the center are reporter Griff Jenkins and his camera crew. The guy holding the camera had it shoved forcefully into his face, leaving a bleeding wound on his nose. It was an ugly scene.

But you may not remember it.

No president was asked about it.

No Democrat candidate was made to disown it.

It didn't get much press.

Not like this week's mob.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, B-Man said:

Yelling at the press is not unique or new in American politics, and in fact, compared to the past, this week's display of displeasure for Acosta and co. was positively mild.

Let's go on a Throwback Thursday trip to 2008. This is video I captured myself (Caleb Howe) during the Recreate 68 protest march at the DNC in Denver. (Language Warning)

That is a Fox News crew covering the protest. I was watching as the crowd figured out who they were and went from zero to zeroing-in in a matter of minutes. At the center are reporter Griff Jenkins and his camera crew. The guy holding the camera had it shoved forcefully into his face, leaving a bleeding wound on his nose. It was an ugly scene.

But you may not remember it.

No president was asked about it.

No Democrat candidate was made to disown it.

It didn't get much press.

Not like this week's mob.

Poor, poor Jim Acosta. 

On 8/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, LABillzFan said:

It's impossible to be more wrong than your words above.

Oh, damn. I was wrong. You COULD be more wrong.

Watch the video below. Tell everyone how she was trolling in that speech.

She's a racist. Period. That you would defend her says more about you than it does about anything else.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, LABillzFan said:

White men dominate our power structure. I mean, personally I enjoy the privilege, but I can't deny it exists. Europeans created superior weaponry to conquer territory and exploit that territory to accumulate wealth. They've created the greatest modern societies. This country was founded by white men at the expense of others. That's just the reality. We remain at an advantage despite social engineering efforts. I think the question is whether or not that's "wrong." The clip doesn't sway me. She's speaking the truth. 

Like I said, I believe she was trolling Twitter for hostile reactions. Everybody can draw their own conclusions. 

'

I plan on basking in white privilege as long as humanly possible!

On 8/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, The_Dude said:

That political cartoon is funny. But it’s revisionist history. That’s NOT why democrats were pissed at Bush. It wasn’t for “relying” on intel....it was for manufacturing the intelligence to say what he wanted it to say. His daddy did the same thing with the whole ‘they’re killing babies’ thing. 

So now they're all mad about something they all voted for?  Hillary?  Joe?

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

A rare opinion piece on CNN about Trump that's...actually reasonable: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/opinions/trump-is-not-evil-just-an-amateur-stanley/index.html

One wonders how long it'll be before CNN takes the piece down.

Good piece.  The Democrats should be attacking him from the left as he's implemented very conservative policies thus far.  Instead, they're attacking him from the right and trying to create a completely unnecessary new Red Scare.   I remember people freaking out when Reagan and Gorbachev met alone behind closed doors and people were freaking out because of Reagan's old age. 

There's people (even on this board) who think that Trump can do no wrong.  He's constantly employing Machiavellian tactics (mostly through twitter) to advance his domestic and foreign policy agenda while playing his critics for fools.  Then there are those who think he's literally the next Hitler.  Each position is such a lazy analysis as he has his own strengths and weaknesses like every president before him.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2018 at 3:00 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I read all the tweets. She was trolling bigots. Kind of a wanna be Sasha Baron Cohen schtick.

I understand what she was trying to do, and the responses are indeed funny. Nevertheless, zero tolerance policies should be administered to all if that's the game we're playing.

My hope is that common sense prevails and people will recognize how silly some of these stances are, but that is unlikely. Very unlikely.

The notion that one cannot be "racist" against whites because of power structure strikes me as absurd. I can't really perform the necessary mental gymnastics for that one. I think we can agree on that.

leftist dbags would be literally screaming at the top of their lungs, eyes  bulging out of their sockets

flapping their idiotic arms around. .. indignant cnn wouldn't stop whining about this for months, literally,

if a white male spewed this crap replacing the word white with black.

mental gymnastics, give me a break.

btw irl girls like alpha males better.

Edited by Kelly101

It has reached a new level in ignorance  in the media.  Trump said the media can "cause war".  He's right.

New York Post says:

“They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!,”

he added, without providing proof of his assertion.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/05/trump-keeps-up-attacks-against-media-they-can-also-cause-war/

Come on, man.  Skip the day they taught about the Spanish American War?  The award yall all try to win is named after the guy that told bald face lies and sensationalized the you know what out the whole the thing causing the public to demand war which they got.  Over lies and gross exaggeration.   You really need proof?

It could be argued (by me and others) that the run up the Iraq War was over sensationalized by the media to promote a hunger for war. Have they forgotten that too? 

The Spanish-American War is often referred to as the first "media war." During the 1890s, journalism that sensationalized—and sometimes even manufactured—dramatic events was a powerful force that helped propel the United States into war with Spain. Led by newspaper owners William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer, journalism of the 1890s used melodrama, romance, and hyperbole to sell millions of newspapers--a style that became known as yellow journalism.

http://www.pbs.org/crucible/frames/_journalism.html

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2018 at 3:00 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I read all the tweets. She was trolling bigots. Kind of a wanna be Sasha Baron Cohen schtick.

I understand what she was trying to do, and the responses are indeed funny. Nevertheless, zero tolerance policies should be administered to all if that's the game we're playing.

My hope is that common sense prevails and people will recognize how silly some of these stances are, but that is unlikely. Very unlikely.

The notion that one cannot be "racist" against whites because of power structure strikes me as absurd. I can't really perform the necessary mental gymnastics for that one. I think we can agree on that.

The interactions clearly demonstrate over time that the she was the instigator of the hostility and the respondents were counter-trolling her.  Hard to say if, upon reflection, they regret their lack of decorum in the calm light of day as they are not highly paid graduates of Harvard with a cushy gig spouting hate speech at the NYT. 

HAVING SUCCESSFULLY USED THE DEMONIZATION TECHNIQUE ON ITS ENEMIES FOR DECADES, THE PRESS IS NOW TERRIFIED OF GETTING THE SAME TREATMENT FROM SOMEONE WITH A BIG MEGAPHONE: Liberal Media Scream: Analyst suggests Trump’s media feud could lead to murder.

Also:

Screen-Shot-2018-08-06-at-16.27.40-600x341.png

And:

Screen-Shot-2018-08-06-at-16.29.26-600x318.png

Related: Man Arrested For Threatening Steve Scalise Had Ammo, Materials And Guides To Build Bombs.

Also Related: Bernie Bro James T. Hodgkinson, Attempted Assassin Of Steve Scalise, Already Being Erased From History.

• Like (+1) 1

How the media embraced en masse the fake news about Trump Tower meeting

by Paul Mirengoff

On Sunday, I exposed as “fake news” a New York Times article touting President Trump’s “admission” that the purpose of his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer was to obtain negative information about Hillary Clinton. In fact, Trump’s statement wasn’t news at all. He said the same thing more than a year ago.

Moreover, the Times, misstated Trump’s “admission.” It characterized his statement as an admission that the meeting “focused” on Clinton dirt. This enabled the Times to claim that Trump was contradicting previous statements by his team that the focus was on adoptions of Russian babies.

The Times thus knowingly conflated the meeting’s purpose with its focus. The purpose, for Team Trump, was to come up with dirt. The focus — what was discussed at the meeting — was different by all accounts because the Russian lawyer talked about adoptions, not Hillary.

When I wrote my post, I didn’t realize, but should have suspected, that the New York Times’ fake news story was only the tip of the mainstream media iceberg. Nearly every major anti-Trump media outlet — which is to say nearly every major media outlet — was pushing the same false line.

In addition to the Times, the dishonor role includes, inevitably, the Washington Post, the Associated Press, the BBC, CNBC, and CNN’s Chris Cillizza. It also includes The Atlantic’s David Frum, who must have known better. It would be difficult to find a mainstream media outlet that wasn’t part of the herd.

But there was more than herd mentality at work here. There was an enormous amount of frustration.

The anti-Trump media is fully invested in the Russia collusion story. I can hardly fathom the amount of psychic energy it has poured into this story.

Yet, after almost two years, the hole remains virtually dry. All its proponents have is the Trump Tower meeting. But it came to light more than a year ago and has produced barely a sip.

The Trump-haters have high hopes for Robert Mueller’s investigation. But his team is busy trying Paul Manafort on charges that don’t relate to Donald Trump or the 2016 election. Mueller certainly has other irons in the fire, but the Trump-haters don’t know with specificity what they are or what they have produced. And all of the public’s Mueller-related attention is on the Manafort trial now.

Thus, Trump’s old news tweet on Sunday was manna from heaven for the Trump-hating media. Sure, some twisting and outright dishonesty were required to make it fit for consumption. But when has that ever been a problem for the the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the rest of the herd?

It’s not surprising that the mainstream media, en masse, dishonestly treated Donald Trump’s old news tweet about his son’s Trump Tower meeting as a new admission inconsistent with past statements by members of his team. Sickening, yes. Surprising, no.

16 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It has reached a new level in ignorance  in the media.  Trump said the media can "cause war".  He's right.

New York Post says:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/05/trump-keeps-up-attacks-against-media-they-can-also-cause-war/

Come on, man.  Skip the day they taught about the Spanish American War?  The award yall all try to win is named after the guy that told bald face lies and sensationalized the you know what out the whole the thing causing the public to demand war which they got.  Over lies and gross exaggeration.   You really need proof?

It could be argued (by me and others) that the run up the Iraq War was over sensationalized by the media to promote a hunger for war. Have they forgotten that too? 

http://www.pbs.org/crucible/frames/_journalism.html

"Remember the Maine!"  (Was blown up by a coal dust explosion in an empty coal bunker.)

Mass media-generated outrage has played a role in every war since - Spanish Civil War, World War 1, World War 2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf Wars 1 and 2, the Falklands, the Arab-Israeli Wars, the Indo-Pakistani War, the Iran-Iraq War...

• Like (+1) 2

Literally no one outside the political realm of the mentally ill left cares about a meeting in Trump Tower.

Ask any non-liberal (even the ones that aren't far left could care less about the Trump Tower meeting) and they will tell you that the Trump Tower meeting is nowhere on their radar.

The people of this country dislike the MSM for a reason............ and it's not because Trump said so, even though Trump only said "fake news" is the enemy of the people, not MSM.

But these folks will spin anything Trumps says, so why bother.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"Remember the Maine!"  (Was blown up by a coal dust explosion in an empty coal bunker.)

Mass media-generated outrage has played a role in every war since - Spanish Civil War, World War 1, World War 2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf Wars 1 and 2, the Falklands, the Arab-Israeli Wars, the Indo-Pakistani War, the Iran-Iraq War...

Axl vs Slash

Tupac vs Biggie