Romo to KC rumor could make Bills landing spot for A. Smith

YoloinOhio

I always said Smith can't win in the playoffs but maybe just maybe.....no never mind, he can't.

but could you make the playoffs with Alex Smith?

for a team that hasn't been to the playoffs this century, getting their would be a great accomplishment.

This is a guy I'd rather have than Romo and I would take him over TT.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith won more with Roman coaching. Period. He had almost triple the comebacks and game winning drives as TT, which correlates 100% to wins. TT sucks at the 2min drill and winning games when down. That's the clear difference between the QB's. One wins games. The other does not.

Rail against that fate all you like.

Smith had a lot more years starting than Tyrod did, and spent enough time with SF to learn the plays in a 2 minute. Tyrod is still learning how to run a 2 minute drill and make comebacks. How many times in 2015 was Tyrod lookin at the sidelines clueless waiting for the play call to come in? A lot. Its not natural for him but he can be coached up. just needs more time. I just hope its not on the Browns.

I'm going to hold you responsible if Watson is there at 10 and we pass on him..... just fyi...... :D

Ill take responsibility 4 it :lol::lol:

Ill be pissed too. He is clutch!!

Heres a question 4 you gunner. You did the research. If hell freezes over and we have Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes all available at 10. Based on what youve seen, Who should we take and why?

Smith 426 for 653, for 4881, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, 68 sacks, 6 4th Quarter Comebacks, 6 Game-Winning Drives, 311 rush yards on 73 rushes,

- - Qualitatively: 65.2% Completions, 7.47 YPA, 4.59% TDs, 1.53% INTs, 96.53 QB rating

Tyrod 511 for 816 for 6058, 37 TDs, 12 INTs, 78 sacks, 2 4th-Quarter Comebacks, 3 Game-Winning Drives, 1148 rush yards on 199 rushes.

- - Qualitatively: 62.6% Completions, 7.42 YPA, 4.53% TDs, 1.47% INTs, 94.19 QB rating

So overall, Smith was a better passer and improved in his second year, while Tyrod was a much better runner but regressed in passing in his second year.

And you're comparing stats from 2011 and 2012 to stats from 2015 and 2016, and it's become easier to pass, so passing stats got higher during that period.

Don't forget Smith only played half that year I'm 2012.

FC Kurt Warner is the man!!

Tyrod is alright. You hate on him wayyy too much. I bet you hes gonna get better as long as he doesnt go to the Browns. Whaley is prob gonna take Watson if he is there at 10. Mark my words.

I don't really care if he gets a fraction better. I don't ever believe he'll be good enough.

Alex Smith's contract (cap hit-wise):

2015: $15,600,000

2016: $17,800,000

2017: $16,900,000

2018: $20,600,000

I went through their pertinent stats over the past 2 years in another thread, for comparison's sake.

Here are their stats for the past 2 years:

A. Smith: 6988 Pass Yards, 7.29 YPA, 35 Pass TD, 15 INT, 632 Rush Yards, 7 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 95.4, 2016 Passer Rating 91.2

T. Taylor: 6058 Pass Yards, 7.42 YPA, 37 Pass TD, 12 INT, 1148 Rush Yards, 10 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 99.4, 2016 Passer Rating 89.6

I bolded the winner in each stat.

Similar players, similar contracts. Completely lateral move in my opinion which means it's not worth whatever we're sending them unless it's just straight Tyrod for Smith. And in that case it'd just be a wash.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

After reading thru this thread, I have become completely confused as to why a 41-20 coach would have no problem getting rid of a 41-20 quarterback.

For the same reason you bet rid of a GM that took you to 3 straight super bowls. For some reason even a used car sometimes looks good compared to the one you are driving every day. Maybe the only real difference is it is new to you and you don't know where the rattles are.

Alex Smith's contract (cap hit-wise):

2015: $15,600,000

2016: $17,800,000

2017: $16,900,000

2018: $20,600,000

I went through their pertinent stats over the past 2 years in another thread, for comparison's sake.

Similar players, similar contracts. Completely lateral move in my opinion which means it's not worth whatever we're sending them unless it's just straight Tyrod for Smith. And in that case it'd just be a wash.

Cap hit irrelevant if you trade for Smith. It's money still owed, which is 2 years and $30m, none of which is guaranteed. That is way cheaper than Tyrods $30m guaranteed. If you draft a QB high this year, you can walk away from Smith next year owing nothing.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

but he is not Taylor so he has to be better! Everyone has to be better because Taylor doesn't have 300+ yard passing games on a team looking to be a power run first team.

Alex Smith doesn't lose to every .500 team. He was a special teams fumble away from Sb before.

Don't be obtuse because you're emo about Taylor

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Cap hit irrelevant if you trade for Smith. It's money still owed, which is 2 years and $30m, none of which is guaranteed. That is way cheaper than Tyrods $30m guaranteed. If you draft a QB high this year, you can walk away from Smith next year owing nothing.

So you think what he's being paid now is irrelevant and he wouldn't want to negotiate a new deal with his new team? I understand the Bills wouldn't need to, clearly, but look at how they've handled Tyrod and Shady. I just don't see it going the way you're talking.

So you think what he's being paid now is irrelevant and he wouldn't want to negotiate a new deal with his new team? I understand the Bills wouldn't need to, clearly, but look at how they've handled Tyrod and Shady. I just don't see it going the way you're talking.

Yes. Kc's cap hit is irrelevant to Bills. What matters is money still owed. His remaining contract is basically a 1 year deal for $13m in 2017, and a 1 year deal in 2018 for $17m, none of which is guaranteed. Way more team friendly than Tyrods deal if Bills don't cut him in next 2 weeks.