George "The Animal" Steele passes away

Just Jack

Yep...

"The most unpredictable athlete in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Hulk Hogan must fear for his very physique"

That was awesome! Great find, made me feel like a 9 year old kid again!

RIP Animal, you were a great character.

One hairy dude. Hogan was a terrible wrestler no moves at all

Hogans one great move was his ability to channel all his mystical inner strength, to become momentarily impervious to all other attacks. That and the leg sweep, i believe.

But this thread isnt about Hogan, its about the Animal, who i believe was an old, old time wrestler, he wrestled back when my Dad was a kid even. He came up through the ranks of the American Wrestling Association, with the likes of Rick Flair and Dusty Rhodes.

That was the 70's when the wrestlers used to keep razor blades in their trunks, and literally cut themselves during the matches, for effect. There used to be quite a bit of bloodshed in the matches in those days. Was a pretty theatrical display. Those dudes were hardcore, was a very "carney" lifestyle for those guys, back in the old times.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an hour?

I had stopped watching wrestling about 15 years before his time in the spotlight, and had never heard of him until today. I watched that entire video, and was both impressed and rather moved. Thank you for sharing that. May he rest peacefully.

RIP to one of the best, WWE did a nice tribute to him. Are there any Wrestling threads around here ? WrestleMania is right around the corner and was curious if there was any discussion on it (I didn't see one at first glance)

feel free to start one, i am a wrestling fan and watch it almost every week. got my middle son the wwe network subscription last year for christmas. it's a fun channel with a lot of good content

RIP to one of the best, WWE did a nice tribute to him. Are there any Wrestling threads around here ? WrestleMania is right around the corner and was curious if there was any discussion on it (I didn't see one at first glance)

Go for it! Be careful, we are a tough, bruuutal crowd... ;-) ;-)

Just don't make all the Little Hulksters/Hulkamaniacs weep if you whip out the VHS to YouTube collection! [Old TSW joke! ;-) if I have the energy I can explain it... :-) ]