Trump and Russia

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You are just being willfully blind. You are being silly. Of course spying and weaponizing stolen information is important to an election campaign. You can't excuse Trumps secrets and then say privacy for a political campaign doesn't matter. Oh wait, you literally are saying that! Seriously! 

----

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) clobbers Trump: “The obstruction of justice in particular in this case is far worse than anything that Richard Nixon did. … I would say in every way this is more significant than Watergate. And the fact that a candidate for president and now president of the United States would not only not stand up and resist Russian interference in our election but would welcome it goes well beyond anything Nixon did.” Yup.

Okay, now it’s about obstruction of justice. Did that help win the election ? Nope. It was already over. You are the one being silly, as per usual. As I stated, many secrets about the Donald came out . Even in the critical period just before the general election. You are mad that Hillary lost, and are more focused on the fact that some emails were stolen than you are about the content of those emails. No fair! you say. Sorry but the vast majority of Trump voters weren’t converted Hillary supporters. The emails only cemented their choice, it didn’t change anything. Say what you want to about obstruction, but the election was already lost. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Okay, now it’s about obstruction of justice. Did that help win the election ? Nope. It was already over. You are the one being silly, as per usual. As I stated, many secrets about the Donald came out . Even in the critical period just before the general election. You are mad that Hillary lost, and are more focused on the fact that some emails were stolen than you are about the content of those emails. No fair! you say. Sorry but the vast majority of Trump voters weren’t converted Hillary supporters. The emails only cemented their choice, it didn’t change anything. Say what you want to about obstruction, but the election was already lost. 

My bad, should have posted that elsewhere about his obstruction of justice.

I'm glad we are doing this though, I can answer all the misinformation then.

1) You are wrong it was just emails, it was literally anything and everything in their files. Any reasonable person would conclude that was a serious thing, THAT'S WHY ITS A CRIME TO HACK PEOPLE.

2) Your point that Trump voters had made up their minds is fair, but it misses the other part of the strategy which was suppressing Hillary support. Making her look bad (Like to Bernie voters) makes people less likely to vote for her especially  if you target certain states, areas and demographics, which they did. Looks like it worked as planned.

Oh, I'm not mad Hillary lost, I'm just totally into seeing those that interfered in our election are brought to justice. This is fun! It's also fun showing how little certain people care that an election was stolen. Those people will be the first to complain about an athlete not standing for the national anthem or something, yet when our very republic is compromised by a murderous dictators government, they are too busy to care, lol

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1) You are wrong it was just emails, it was literally anything and everything in their files. Any reasonable person would conclude that was a serious thing, THAT'S WHY ITS A CRIME TO HACK PEOPLE.

2) Your point that Trump voters had made up their minds is fair, but it misses the other part of the strategy which was suppressing Hillary support. Making her look bad (Like to Bernie voters) makes people less likely to vote for her especially  if you target certain states, areas and demographics, which they did. Looks like it worked as planned.

Oh, I'm not mad Hillary lost, I'm just totally into seeing those that interfered in our election are brought to justice. This is fun! It's also fun showing how little certain people care that an election was stolen. Those people will be the first to complain about an athlete not standing for the national anthem or something, yet when our very republic is compromised by a murderous dictators government, they are too busy to care, lol

Russia has been involved in attempting to influence elections and political opinion before. No crime was committed by Trump or his campaign. It didn’t rise to that level. Oh well. I simply don’t believe that Russia had any effect here, and you do. Fine. The demographics needed to win certain states is information widely available. Trump clearly understood the electoral college and where he needed to win to take the election. It’s no secret, everyone knows that that are just a few key swing states that decide the election as all the others are firmly entrenched. No mystery here, if you aren’t too busy to pay attention. 

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The critical point here is how the DNC info was taken. It seems like there is ample evidence to believe that it was downloaded to a thumb drive from inside the DNC. Whether it was Seth Rich or not is immaterial. If the download speed was too fast for online hacking then it pretty much belies any Russian involvement in stealing the information. Without that presumption the Left's case falls completely apart and the IC and media are shown to be complicit in this fraud of an investigation.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Does that justice just apply to those who you dislike or is it for all who violated the sanctity of this nation or other nations?  I have a feeling that you will go quiet when this discussion broadens to US interference in other nation's politic's under Democratic POTUS's.  

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hilly was a terrible candidate, but she was still illegally hacked

Do the Ds or Hillary with her "personal email server" get any blame fornot having their security software up to date and effective?  Hillary's server wasn't even SSL encrypted.    Putting an email server out there without even encrypting what's received or sent fails Information Technology 101.  Come on man.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The Seth Rich conspiracy garbage lives on I see.

The Sech Rich conspiracy will be put to bed when the real killer(s) are found and prosecuted.  You really buy this botched robbery attempt in the one spot in the neighborhood that happened to not have video surveillance?  Why did Donna Brazille dedicate that book to him again?

I'm not saying it's true or not. But it has been far from disproven IMHO.  Get OJ on the case. Find the real killer.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Do the Ds or Hillary with her "personal email server" get any blame fornot having their security software up to date and effective.  Hillary's server wasn't even SSL encrypted.    Putting an email server out there without even encrypting what's received or sent fails Information Technology 101.  Come on man.

The Sech Rich conspiracy will be put to bed when the real killer(s) are found and prosecuted.  You really buy this botched robbery attempt in the one spot in the neighborhood that happened to not have video surveillance?  Why did Donna Brazille dedicate that book to him again?

I'm not saying it's true or not. But it has been far from disproven IMHO.  Get OJ on the case. Find the real killer.

It could have been Seth Rich or anybody not named Ivan who downloaded the info directly from the DNC computer. It is highly unlikely if not impossible for anyone to have hacked the info online.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Do the Ds or Hillary with her "personal email server" get any blame fornot having their security software up to date and effective?  Hillary's server wasn't even SSL encrypted.    Putting an email server out there without even encrypting what's received or sent fails Information Technology 101.  Come on man.

Blaming the victim does not in any way excuse Trump using a corrupt foreign power to weigh in on our democracy. He was told the Russians were interfering and instead of calling the FBI he reached out to Rusdia. Ya, that's Hillarysfault! Come on man! 

Are you saying you are ok with Trump doing this again? Using Putin again? You are ok with this being normal? 

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Does that justice just apply to those who you dislike or is it for all who violated the sanctity of this nation or other nations?  I have a feeling that you will go quiet when this discussion broadens to US interference in other nation's politic's under Democratic POTUS's.  

So you are indirectly saying you are ok with what Trump did? Do you want this normalized? Are you hoping Russia attacks again and again? Is this the new normal you want? 

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Russia has been involved in attempting to influence elections and political opinion before. No crime was committed by Trump or his campaign. It didn’t rise to that level. Oh well. I simply don’t believe that Russia had any effect here, and you do. Fine. The demographics needed to win certain states is information widely available. Trump clearly understood the electoral college and where he needed to win to take the election. It’s no secret, everyone knows that that are just a few key swing states that decide the election as all the others are firmly entrenched. No mystery here, if you aren’t too busy to pay attention. 

My opinion is that they did make a difference. How could a sustained and widespread effort not make some difference? 

But it that's not the point. Even if they accidentally helped HillRy it would be wrong. Trump reaching out and accepting their help should disqualify him for the office. He should have done the patriotic thing and called the FBI, instead he accepted murderous Putins help 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How could a sustained and widespread effort not make some difference? 

Did you watch the Bills at all between 2000 and 2016?

Serious question: What help did Trump receive from Pooty Poot exactly?   Now that the report is out and you have read it, I would think you could point to a few concrete examples (if there are any).

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My opinion is that they did make a difference. How could a sustained and widespread effort not make some difference? 

But it that's not the point. Even if they accidentally helped HillRy it would be wrong. Trump reaching out and accepting their help should disqualify him for the office. He should have done the patriotic thing and called the FBI, instead he accepted murderous Putins help 

Would love your answers to these questions: 

1) If Trump reaching out and accepting help (which he did not do) is a disqualifying offense, what then do you make of Hillary and Obama's efforts to pay Russian intelligence officers for disinformation to use against Trump in the campaign? 

2) The FBI had a duty to inform Trump about what they suspected was happening with his campaign, and they didn't. Why? Isn't that at least a little strange to you?

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But whatever he “ did”  does not disqualify him for the office. I do not share your opinion that this “ sustained and widespread effort” made any significant difference. Just what difference did it make, then? Did it mobilize voters that supported Trump? Russians didn’t cast any votes. I doubt they changed anyone’s mind. A few memes on Facebook doesn’t change anyone’s mind. Well, perhaps a few feeble ones. Candidates state their positions and voters vote based on that. You seem to think winning an election happens through manipulation, sorcery and magic. I don’t. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Did you watch the Bills at all between 2000 and 2016?

Serious question: What help did Trump receive from Pooty Poot exactly?   Now that the report is out and you have read it, I would think you could point to a few concrete examples (if there are any).

First off, I stopped watching the Bills around 2003 or so. I was a big fan from 1980 till then. 

And as for the help, all I can say is read the first part of Muellers report. It was really a sustained and wide ranging effort. Sorry, I'm not writing everything down. 

Do do you think it is ok if Trump receives help again? 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Would love your answers to these questions: 

1) If Trump reaching out and accepting help (which he did not do) is a disqualifying offense, what then do you make of Hillary and Obama's efforts to pay Russian intelligence officers for disinformation to use against Trump in the campaign? 

2) The FBI had a duty to inform Trump about what they suspected was happening with his campaign, and they didn't. Why? Isn't that at least a little strange to you?

1)Trump openly asked for Russian help on multiple occasions. That's been known, can't believe you deny that. 

2) The FBI was conducting a counter intelligence operation, you don't warn the target in that situation. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

But whatever he “ did”  does not disqualify him for the office. I do not share your opinion that this “ sustained and widespread effort” made any significant difference. Just what difference did it make, then? Did it mobilize voters that supported Trump? Russians didn’t cast any votes. I doubt they changed anyone’s mind. A few memes on Facebook doesn’t change anyone’s mind. Well, perhaps a few feeble ones. Candidates state their positions and voters vote based on that. You seem to think winning an election happens through manipulation, sorcery and magic. I don’t. 

So you are ok with the Dems running against Trump/Putin again then. You are ok with this being a permanent part of our republic? Wow! 

And it it was way more that Facebook posts, read the report. Just read the first forty pages. Much is redacted so it's not even that long

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

First off, I stopped watching the Bills around 2003 or so. I was a big fan from 1980 till then. 

And as for the help, all I can say is read the first part of Muellers report. It was really a sustained and wide ranging effort. Sorry, I'm not writing everything down. 

Do do you think it is ok if Trump receives help again? 

Thanks for responding.  I have not read the report yet.  I plan to.  I don't want you to write everything down, but maybe just one example that you could cover in a couple sentences.  If it's so blatant, it should not be that hard.

Also, you say "first part of the Mueller report".  Is there a specific section heading or page numbers to look at coveringTrump's "really a sustained and wide ranging effort"?  I wanna know what you know.  But I don't have time to drop everything and read a 400+ page report.  Help out a brother ...

You might want to start watching the Bills again this year.  It's gonna be good!

Edited by reddogblitz

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1)Trump openly asked for Russian help on multiple occasions. That's been known, can't believe you deny that. 

2) The FBI was conducting a counter intelligence operation, you don't warn the target in that situation. 

So you are ok with the Dems running against Trump/Putin again then. You are ok with this being a permanent part of our republic? Wow! 

And it it was way more that Facebook posts, read the report. Just read the first forty pages. Much is redacted so it's not even that long

As per the report, there isn’t enough evidence to support criminal charges. I’m not sure what “ this” you are referring to as being a part of our republic. The current election system is fine, if that’s what you mean. Perhaps you could name ( if it’s not Facebook ads) just what things in this concerted effort you think influenced the election and why. Be specific , too many generalizations on your end. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do do 

Yes...this is exactly what we all think of every post you make.  Don't you think it's at all the least bit telling that you are the laughing stock of this forum and not one person comes do your defense? 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You did not answer the question in regards to Obama and Hillary.

• Like (+1) 1