If the Bills intentional tank the season DW should be fired

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who and what are we tanking for?

What exactly is the point of the tank?

If the plan is to tank, it's to draft the best QB in the class. Most likely Darnold. The point of the tank is to be in position to draft the best QB in the draft. Pretty simple

If the plan is to tank, it's to draft the best QB in the class. Most likely Darnold. The point of the tank is to be in position to draft the best QB in the draft. Pretty simple

If I thought we could whiff on every game next year and get a guaranteed Franchise QB, I'd sit through that season happily. But I don't think that's at all realistic. We can't be bad enough to lap the competition at sucking, and it's still a gamble. I'd rather be a 7-11 win team than a 4-6 win team and still not get a shot at a great QB. But it's all a crap shoot.....

But Darnold looks pretty appealing too.

its a ridiculous premise driven by the media who want Whaley gone because he is mean to them

No. you can get there by preparing a year or two early and gathering picks . allowing the Bills to maneuver up when the time is right.

Tanking is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. You lose the fan base and the revenue. Team like the Bills cannot afford to do that

I am not yelling at you NewEraCap

Tanking means you have lost control of the teams direction and are floundering at best.

we have been tanking for years, how'd that work out??

I can't see going thru a Brown's type tank, just too painful.

Just keep looking for a QB without trading up . There must be another Dak, Kirk and Carr out there.

so is 18 yrs of no playoffs whether we get to the bottom on purpose or incompetence it needs to happen as finding later round QBs that work is rare. Dak was great but what if he turns into RG3, Kirk is OK Carr does seem to be the real deal though.

This is a perfect yr for a reload/Semi Tank. The schedule is brutal facing the NFC SOUTH & AFC WEST even if we are all in this offseason with the lack of salary space and draft pks I can't see the Bills winning more then 6gms. We can easily go 2-4 in East, 2-6 against the west & south and split against the Colts and Bengals. We ain't going to the playoffs next yr. This gives us a chance to cut salary and build in the image of McDermott vision of this team.

With that being said we can trade/Cut the fat on this team. Let all big free agents go Woods, Lorex, Gilmore and Zack hopefully these loses net us a few high comp pks next yr. I'm thinking a 3rd , 4th and 5th at least. Don't make any signings that can effect the comp formula.

I would also try to trade both Incog and Wood if I can get mid rd pks for them trade them if not keep them. Resign both Groy and Kujo to extensions. With Cordy,Cujo,Miller and Groy u have a young nucleus for a good Oline. I would also trade McCoy and Tyrod for multiple pks.

On the defensive side of the ball keep your D line intact with exception of Kyle trade him for mid rder. Draft heavily on the bk 7. With all the pks we will compile we should find some young studs to fill out those spots at LB and Secondary.

The Bills have built the team the wrong way from day one. We are close to the cap and have nothing to show for it. We need to get our cap in order while developing young talent. It's time to set our sights on the 20's since the teens haven't been good for us. Time to get ready to be in position to take over the East when Brady retires. This organization needs a vision of the future not a bandaid for today..

all this but never can Kyle be traded #BillsForLife!!

Most likely?

I remember watching an ESPNU show after the 2012 draft and the question was which surefire superstar QB was going to go #1 overall in the 2013 draft?

Logan Thomas or Matt Barkley

Both were further into their playing careers than......Darnold, for instance.

Things change.

That's not to say A QB won't emerge.......sometimes a Cam Newton comes out of nowhere..........but the landscape can change quickly.......the NEXT YEAR is usually going to be the better QB class. :flirt:

Edited by #BADOL

so is 18 yrs of no playoffs whether we get to the bottom on purpose or incompetence it needs to happen as finding later round QBs that work is rare. Dak was great but what if he turns into RG3, Kirk is OK Carr does seem to be the real deal though.

all this but never can Kyle be traded #BillsForLife!!

talk of trading or cutting Kyle makes me want to kick some heads

Please explain how Dak Prescott reminds you of RG3.

Any playoff drought talk that goes back more than 2 years is silliness, in my mind. New owners, clock starts over. Yes, people are angry and disappointed, but they get a fresh start. I'm beyond thrilled that they are staying, which really makes little financial sense. Hope people don't B word too much when the stadium moves with our new owners kicking in another fortune for the move. Yes, some tax dollars will be involved. I know where I stand.

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph

Please explain how Dak Prescott reminds you of RG3.

he doesn't just saying RG had a great rookie yr and then flopped after that, who knows if Dak continues to progress or gets exposed. Krappernick was great for a couple yrs, he is now garbage

talk of trading or cutting Kyle makes me want to kick some heads

PREACH!!

I'm ok with that line of thought. I just don't think you need the number 1 or 2 pick to build a winner. Franchises like the Packers and the Cowboys built themselves soild long term hopes while still winning. They never had number one or two draft choices. They just made soild team building decisions, and continued to be winners.

This is why I think we can keep Tyrod and compete, continue building a team, and draft QBs they think can be the one.

Most likely?

I remember watching an ESPNU show after the 2012 draft and the question was which surefire superstar QB was going to go #1 overall in the 2013 draft?

Logan Thomas or Matt Barkley

Both were further into their playing careers than......Darnold, for instance.

Things change.

That's not to say A QB won't emerge.......sometimes a Cam Newton comes out of nowhere..........but the landscape can change quickly.......the NEXT YEAR is usually going to be the better QB class. :flirt:

Barkely was just a guy that filled the role of giving talking heads something to talk about. Thomas was strait garbage. if you watch Darnold you can see he has the talent and his coaches and teammates all rave about his leadership and work ethic. He could flop next yr who knows but all signs indicate he is THE guy.

Barkely was just a guy that filled the role of giving talking heads something to talk about. Thomas was strait garbage. if you watch Darnold you can see he has the talent and his coaches and teammates all rave about his leadership and work ethic. He could flop next yr who knows but all signs indicate he is THE guy.

BB who are you kidding?.... you fall in love with a new crop of QB's every year....... B-)

HA! not true, this yr sux and so did EJs which I stated profusely I will have you know good sir !!

SO, time to trade up for a turd?

I seriousy doubt it. I trust the current decision makers, though no one is perfect. Time will tell.