Browns release Josh McCown

YoloinOhio

Can you imagine that 2015 season if they never signed Tyrod and went with Cassel or McCown.

Lol. 5 or so wins and Rex would've been gone after one year.

That would've been best case scenario, in hindsight.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will stick with my prediction that they acquire nick foles as the backup/bridge guy, depending on what they do with TT, and draft one in the 1st two rounds (such as Mahomes).

Nick Foles was transcendent in '13. Over 9 yards per attempt with a 27-2 TD to INT ratio.

The rest of his career has been undistinguished. He must have thought 2013 was his breakout year and that he was well on his way to a good/great NFL career. Funny how things work out.

I wouldn't be opposed, though, to the Bills picking him up if the price is right.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Agree with both of you. Bringing in McCown would mean we are taking a QB high in the draft. Not what I want this team to do but, Im just a fan I dont run things at OBD. Bringing in McCown would signal a rebuild

Just to be clear McCown would be coming with a rookie that they project as the starter in my scenario.

Of course they may move on from Tyrod and start someone else. They still have to be able to sell it to the fans. Good luck selling McCown.

A rookie...yes they could sell if they take a guy in the first round.

A second round draft starter = no sale

McCown = no sale

Agree with both of you. Bringing in McCown would mean we are taking a QB high in the draft. Not what I want this team to do but, Im just a fan I dont run things at OBD. Bringing in McCown would signal a rebuild

I think just about any reasonable scenario where they bring in someone like McCown would be as a replacement for EJ-- not necessarily a rebuild.

Still a decent vet backup, which we need. And Whaley tried to get him 2 years ago before Cleveland outbid and he then traded for Cassel.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-QB-Josh-McCown-and-DB-Tramon-Williams/8c4cf239-fd34-41bd-8d8f-a593a516259b

I saw him play twice this year. He looked like a likely 3rd stringer. I would rather have a young kid on a rookie contract as my depth QB.