Browns release Josh McCown

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think mccown would be considered as a starter

Just doesn't make sense to me. I don't see where he fits in.

I don't see the Bills drafting a QB in round one unless (their guy) is there at 10 and they are completely sold on that guy. Seems like a big risk where they could very likely end right back up where there were with EJ and Kolb. And there is no way Russ Brandon can spin that into something worth looking forward to.

Because you don't spend a number 10 draft pick on a QB that you don't completely believe in. And I highly doubt there is going to be more than one QB the Bills are completely sold on in this draft if there is even one at all. Bills won't just "settle" for whatever QB is left at 10. They either get their guy there or pass on it until a later pick.

If the Bills are going to bring in a vet and release Tyrod, it only makes sense that they bring in someone who is obviously better - not an obvious downgrade.

So I'm not sure that anyone said they want to replace TT with mccown. It would be replacing EJ with mccown. IF TT is replaced it would be with a rookie unless they make some kind of trade or can get cousins (not likely).

If TT and McCown are here - then either no rookie or bye bye Cardale. Otherwise 4 QB's on roster.

Just doesn't make sense to me. I don't see where he fits in.

I don't see the Bills drafting a QB in round one unless (their guy) is there at 10 and they are completely sold on that guy. Seems like a big risk where they could very likely end right back up where there were with EJ and Kolb. And there is no way Russ Brandon can spin that into something worth looking forward to.

Because you don't spend a number 10 draft pick on a QB that you don't completely believe in. And I highly doubt there is going to be more than one QB the Bills are completely sold on in this draft if there is even one at all. Bills won't just "settle" for whatever QB is left at 10. They either get their guy there or pass on it until a later pick.

If the Bills are going to bring in a vet and release Tyrod, it only makes sense that they bring in someone who is obviously better - not an obvious downgrade.

If TT and McCown are here - then either no rookie or bye bye Cardale. Otherwise 4 QB's on roster.

if they sign him, he fits in as veteran depth. If they draft a QB, They may trade down in the first, they may trade up in the first, or draft one in the 2nd. They certainly aren't locked at 10. Cardale stays no matter what. Mccown may not even make the team when they cut to 53 but wouldn't hurt at all to have the depth in camp. Or they could have an injury at the position and need him as a backup option. Too early to shut the door on options imo because too much can happen in 7 months.

It's just my opinion that they will not keep TT. Not my preference. I don't want him as the long term starter but he's ok as a bridge guy. I would like to draft one (Mahomes)

Edited by YoloinOhio

"McCown gets injured essentially every game he plays at this point."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2090/josh-mccown

i swear I'm not the guy's agent or anything but every QB got injured that played in Cleveland this year (that's 6) because they didn't do anything to protect them. But again he wouldn't be playing here unless the starter got hurt or maybe even the first 2 guys got hurt.

Still a decent vet backup, which we need. And Whaley tried to get him 2 years ago before Cleveland outbid and he then traded for Cassel.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-QB-Josh-McCown-and-DB-Tramon-Williams/8c4cf239-fd34-41bd-8d8f-a593a516259b

I see a team like Oakland getting him. They need a solid veteran back up after what happened to Carr

If they draft a rookie, why do they need a vet backup? Cardale competes with rookie for number 2 spot. Winner gets it.

In case Hotrod gets hurt. Think the Fish would have made the playoffs without Moore this year? Think the Giants win SB 25 if they don't have Hoss and had gone with a rookie? Fish el Perfecto won a lot of those games with thier second string QB.

I know it's not a very popular opinion around here, but we're trying to win.

Should McCown want to remain in Cleveland in another capacity, head coach Hue Jackson said he’s already told McCown that there’s a place for him on the coaching staff.

“He’s made of the right stuff,” Jackson said. “He knows what it takes to coach and play in this league, and he’s going to be a rising star in this profession if that’s what he chooses to do.”

hmmm

That would be as big of a joke setup as Kolb and EJ.

I don't see Whaley making that mistake unless they already have their rookie QB picked out because they are confident he will be great and they plan on getting him in this draft at all costs.

Disagree, different situations completely.

I assume those that want McCown over TT are also hoping the team tanks to get a 'guaranteed great' QB in the draft?

You mean The great QB coming out next draft from that left coast school who hasnt had a QB play a single down in 51 consecutive Super Bowls? Then be suprised when it doesnt work out?

Disagree, different situations completely.

Would help if you would explain yourself.

Bills dump existing average QB and downgrade to Qb on his last leg in the league who is often injured.

And draft a question mark QB in a lousy QB draft who is going to be the future of the team.

The only thing missing yet is the Bills need to make a statement that whatever QB they draft is a piece of clay that can be molded into greatness. And it would be very Billsy to go with Kizer in the draft.

I don't see it having anything to do with TT. He's either gone or he's not. If he's gone we don't yet know who he will be replaced with - 1st rd pick, romo,Brees, cutler, etc. it's also very likely he's back. Either way, we need a backup in addition to Cardale who would replace EJ. That's where mccown would come in (or hoyer or Fitz or whoever). Only reason I bring up mccown is that he's now a FA and they were interested at one time. Granted, I think Roman was the impetus of that.

Edited by YoloinOhio