Hundreds come out to Gillette to greet champs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on the local 11 o'clock news "hundreds" of Patriot fans showed up to greet their 5-time Super Bowl champions. Wow, hundreds. That's hard core.

At first I was like "who cares?" But then I read the hundreds... Pretty funny actually.

When Buffalo wins the SB, they'll have to bring in the national guard to do crowd control. That crowd will exceed game-day capacities easily.

Just heard on the local 11 o'clock news "hundreds" of Patriot fans showed up to greet their 5-time Super Bowl champions. Wow, hundreds. That's hard core.

Get back to me when the Bills have won their fifth lol. (I do believe there were THOUSANDS for there first win and they had millions upon millions for their first parade. That's actually why they changed it to a rolling parade after that since it was a safety issue.)

Get back to me when the Bills have won their fifth lol. (I do believe there were THOUSANDS for there first win and they had millions upon millions for their first parade. That's actually why they changed it to a rolling parade after that since it was a safety issue.)

Now, you're trolling. The Bills will get 5 the clean way, you know....Not the Patriot way.

Okay Sean Spicer, I was at the first parade. There were a few hundred thousand (at best). I was also at the parade when the Saints won Super Bowl 44. It was night and day and Boston is significantly larger than New Orleans. It was like the varsity and the JV. One was filled with passion, emotion and tears of joy the other was filled with people in shirts that say "F&@$ Jeter."

The crowd started a "Yankees suck" chant in the middle and then Larry Izzo got the loudest ovation when he yelled "Yankees suck" into the microphone. Also, there was someone hanging a "Yankees suck" banner over Government Center. That first Patriots parade was incredibly underwhelming. I haven't been there for another and the bandwagon is quite a bit larger but that first one was not impressive at all. It was actually pretty funny how insignificant the Patriots were.

I was in Boston for college from '99-'03. You could go whenever you wanted early in my tenure. "Pats fans" would be walking the streets of Boston in Pats hats during the games but not watching it. They'd come in at halftime and casually ask "what's the score" before talking trash upon finding out that the Pats were leading. They were, without question, the weakest fan base that I've ever encountered and a distant, distant 4th in the Boston hierarchy.

Now, you're trolling. The Bills will get 5 the clean way, you know....Not the Patriot way.

I went LOL.. my point was look at 2001, THAT will be Buffalo when the Bills finally break threw someday. It's not right compare the 5th to a teams 1st. The 1st is ALWAYS ALWAYS more special!

Okay Sean Spicer, I was at the first parade. There were a few hundred thousand (at best). I was also at the parade when the Saints won Super Bowl 44. It was night and day and Boston is significantly larger than New Orleans. It was like the varsity and the JV. One was filled with passion, emotion and tears of joy the other was filled with people in shirts that say "F&@$ Jeter."

The crowd started a "Yankees suck" chant in the middle and then Larry Izzo got the loudest ovation when he yelled "Yankees suck" into the microphone. Also, there was someone hanging a "Yankees suck" banner over Government Center. That first Patriots parade was incredibly underwhelming. I haven't been there for another and the bandwagon is quite a bit larger but that first one was not impressive at all. It was actually pretty funny how insignificant the Patriots were.

I was in Boston for college from '99-'03. You could go whenever you wanted early in my tenure. "Pats fans" would be walking the streets of Boston in Pats hats during the games but not watching it. They'd come in at halftime and casually ask "what's the score" before talking trash upon finding out that the Pats were leading. They were, without question, the weakest fan base that I've ever encountered and a distant, distant 4th in the Boston hierarchy.

I was there too, and you couldn't MOVE at all near the stage it wa sthat jam packed and every outlet from Boston to Washington State said millions so ill take THEIR head count over YOURS.

Also tempted just call you an out right liar then I looked at what you wrote and realized you got 2003 (which sucked as a rolling parade and the Sox were still a never champion) and 2001 mixed up. 2001 was nuts as it was the first championship up here since the Celtics. But it's ok you were here for college and got your years messed up, it happens!

Roflmao ok genius you know how far Foxborough is from Boston? It's not a 5 month nuts drive for them to do what you said. It's more like an hour to two hour drive.

Edited by PatsFanNH

I went LOL.. my point was look at 2001, THAT will be Buffalo when the Bills finally break threw someday. It's not right compare the 5th to a teams 1st. The 1st is ALWAYS ALWAYS more special!

I was there too, and you couldn't MOVE at all near the stage it wa sthat jam packed and every outlet from Boston to Washington State said millions so ill take THEIR head count over YOURS.

Also tempted just call you an out right liar then I looked at what you wrote and realized you got 2003 (which sucked as a rolling parade and the Sox were still a never champion) and 2001 mixed up. 2001 was nuts as it was the first championship up here since the Celtics. But it's ok you were here for college and got your years messed up, it happens!

Roflmao ok genius you know how far Foxborough is from Boston? It's not a 5 month nuts drive for them to do what you said. It's more like an hour to two hour drive.

No, it's 40-45 minutes. I've done it a dozen times. My cousin lives in Southie. It's 30 miles. Have you ever been to Foxborough? 2 hours?!?

No one said millions, they estimated over 1 million (not millions) and that's a lie. The Cubs had like 5M this year. "The Patriots had the biggest parade of all-time - period." Ha ha, it was so lame. Even the Pats fans that I was with were like, "this is it?" No one was partying, we got right on the T. If that was the best that Boston has (the only parade I was there for) you should be ashamed. The celebration is a lot better when people actually care about the team.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, it's 40-45 minutes. I've done it a dozen times. My cousin lives in Southie. It's 30 miles. Have you ever been to Foxborough? 2 hours?!?

No one said millions, they estimated over 1 million (not millions) and that's a lie. The Cubs had like 5M this year. "The Patriots had the biggest parade of all-time - period." Ha ha, it was so lame. Even the Pats fans that I was with were like, "this is it?" No one was partying, we got right on the T. If that was the best that Boston has (the only parade I was here for) you should be ashamed. The celebration is a lot better when people actually care about the team.

I guess maybe the luster wears off after 5 championships. I can't relate.

No one said millions, they estimated over 1 million (not millions) and that's a lie. The Cubs had like 5M this year. "The Patriots had the biggest parade of all-time - period." Ha ha, it was so lame. Even the Pats fans that I was with were like, "this is it?" No one was partying, we got right on the T. If that was the best that Boston has (the only parade I was there for) you should be ashamed. The celebration is a lot better when people actually care about the team.

I live on the North shore just over the border in NH it's a good 2 hours for me every game day. (Thank you traffic)

I am calling your BS As if you were truly in Boston you would KNOW getting out of that city in the early 2000 was a freakin joke! The Big dig had screwed up all the streets still and was a nightmare so yes took a damn long time get out of that city and into Foxborough. Also BS you had "Pats fans" friends saying that's it. THE Parade was a small part of it the Rally was where everyone wanted to be and where the HUGE crowd was. Also the Parade route was from Foxoborough TO Boston so you didn't see ALL the people if you were there and paying attention.

I live on the North shore just over the border in NH it's a good 2 hours for me every game day. (Thank you traffic)

I am calling your BS As if you were truly in Boston you would KNOW getting out of that city in the early 2000 was a freakin joke! The Big dig had screwed up all the streets still and was a nightmare so yes took a damn long time get out of that city and into Foxborough. Also BS you had "Pats fans" friends saying that's it. THE Parade was a small part of it the Rally was where everyone wanted to be and where the HUGE crowd was. Also the Parade route was from Foxoborough TO Boston so you didn't see ALL the people if you were there and paying attention.

The big dig was still a mess when I was there but that mess was almost exclusively downtown. It may have taken an extra few minutes to get on the highway but on a Sunday it moves easily. I interned at Fox 25 when I was there and used to leave the city at 5 pm to head to Dedham (think that's where the studio was). That was a nightmare.

I'm just being honest, no one that I was around was impressed. We were in Government Center (lived by Cleveland Circle at the time). In fact, despite being HUGE Red Sox fans they were really annoyed at the level of Yankees suck chants. It was like the Pats fans didn't know what was going on so they defaulted to what they knew. Also, HUGE congrats to all of the Pats fans in Boston for cracking the top 10 markets for Super Bowl ratings. That's impressive!! http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/06/super-bowl-tv-ratings-down-for-second-straight-year-but-not-by-much/?client=safari

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Whoops, my bad.....You went "LOL." That makes it better. A lot like saying, "With all due respect", prior to degrading a guy.