Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

I didn't say it was the best in the league.

I just do not see it as a glaring weakness, as you apparently do.

I think they would be good enough to protect Romo.

You said it was a strength.

A Cowboys line with 3 All Pro's couldn't keep him from getting hit and injured the past two seasons.

Three times he's broken his left collar bone since 2010.

He required surgery for a herniated disc in his back.......then had a double fracture in his back on another occasion........and fractured a vertebrae AGAIN this season.

These aren't random injuries this is a guy with a very fragile skeleton.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it was a strength.

A Cowboys line with 3 All Pro's couldn't keep him from getting hit and injured the past two seasons.

Three times he's broken his left collar bone since 2010.

He required surgery for a herniated disc in his back.......then had a double fracture in his back on another occasion........and fractured a vertebrae AGAIN this season.

These aren't random injuries this is a guy with a very fragile skeleton.

He rushed back after the second one and re-fractured the same one. Hardly indicative of OI.

You conveniently forget he posted the highest passer rating, completion% and TD% of his career in 2016.

Edited by FireChan

He rushed back after the second one and re-fractured the same one. Hardly indicative of OI.

You conveniently forget he posted the highest passer rating, completion% and TD% of his career in 2016.

I think you mean 2014?

He threw just 5 TD's versus 7 interceptions in the 4 games he was able to play in 2015 and basically missed 2016.

I'm not saying he can't be good when healthy and supported I just don't think he can stay healthy and be supported in Buffalo like he was in Dallas in 2014.

And there is a phenomenon where players kinda' reach a pinnacle where they are at their peak intellectually and can still play physically but soon drop off greatly.

Saw it with Peyton Manning and Brett Favre most recently.

And btw......breaking the same area of your collarbone twice in 5 years isn't random........this guy has probably endured had more breaks and fractures than anyone in NFL history.

Edited by #BADOL

I think you mean 2014?

He threw just 5 TD's versus 7 interceptions in the 4 games he was able to play in 2015 and basically missed 2016.

I'm not saying he can't be good when healthy and supported I just don't think he can stay healthy and be supported in Buffalo like he was in Dallas in 2014.

And there is a phenomenon where players kinda' reach a pinnacle where they are at their peak intellectually and can still play physically but soon drop off greatly.

Saw it with Peyton Manning and Brett Favre most recently.

No, i mean 2016. Check the stats my man.

Peyton and Favre dropped off by 40. Peyton threw 55 TD's at 37.

No, i mean 2016. Check the stats my man.

Peyton and Favre dropped off by 40. Peyton threw 55 TD's at 37.

He threw 4 passes in the second half of the final, meaningless game of 2016. :lol:

Peyton had one issue at that 37.......the neck.

Romo has had many issues.......he's pretty beat up.

He threw 4 passes in the second half of the final, meaningless game of 2016. :lol:

Peyton had one issue at that 37.......the neck.

Romo has had many issues.......he's pretty beat up.

The joke is less funny when it takes 2 posts to get.

The flipside of the coin is that Romo will have basically a year and a half off healthy. We saw what that did for Richie Incognito, who had his best year in 2015. I know, OL vs. QB, but I think there's something to be said about a little rest and rejuvenation.

The flipside of the coin is that Romo will have basically a year and a half off healthy. We saw what that did for Richie Incognito, who had his best year in 2015. I know, OL vs. QB, but I think there's something to be said about a little rest and rejuvenation.

Actually what is funny is that your reputation is such that people actually think its possible you were trying to be serious with that post.

Actually what is funny is that your reputation is such that people actually think its possible you were trying to be serious with that post.

What kind of weirdo spends so much time obsessing about an online reputation? Me thinks you have some projection going on.

Have you considered the possibility that it wasn't a good joke? Just sayin'. B-)

But as to the rest and relaxation aspect.......he broke his back in the preseason and was not healthy until much later in the 2016 season so more like 8-9 months since back "healthy" when he gets to a training camp next year.

Edited by #BADOL

Have you considered the possibility that it wasn't a good joke? Just sayin'. B-)

But as to the rest and relaxation aspect.......he broke his back in the preseason and was not healthy until much later in the 2016 season so more like 8-9 months since back "healthy" when he gets to a training camp next year.

Never.

That's still more than most QB's his age.

I agree. We get Williams at # 10. And if Romo and Watkins stay healthy, we get an OT in round 2, we have a great offensive setup in both passing and running. Question is who do we get to backup Romo?

I love the lack of knowledge form the national media regarding Buffalo. And, BTW, why doesn't Green Bay (which is worse weather wise) get hammered like this?

There are like 3 "cold" games a year.

To the soft among us, 40 degrees is too cold. Media members often complain about weather. Although on this case Stephen A. Mentioned weather in regard to Romo's injuries. would weather affect injuries like he's had? Edited by purple haze

Everything is relative to the price it takes to acquire him. I wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd, probably not even a 3rd, but in my ideal world we flip Tyrod to Cleveland for a 3rd or 4th, then use that pick and a conditional 2018 pick based upon team performance / Romo's games played to acquire him or we sign him as a FA. Under those scenarios it's a no brainer to roll the dice on him as we aren't going to acquire someone else who possesses his upside.

Everything is relative to the price it takes to acquire him. I wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd, probably not even a 3rd, but in my ideal world we flip Tyrod to Cleveland for a 3rd or 4th, then use that pick and a conditional 2018 pick based upon team performance / Romo's games played to acquire him or we sign him as a FA. Under those scenarios it's a no brainer to roll the dice on him as we aren't going to acquire someone else who possesses his upside.

Great point. This far into his fourth decade, after several gruesome injuries, he's bound to start delivering on all that potential upside!

@247sports

Tony Romos perfect fit is with #Bills; rest of NFL must move on »via @247KevinBoilard

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Tony-Romos-perfect-fit-is-with-Bills-rest-of-NFL-must-move-on-51284416

Here is how I see it ending if Romo comes to Buffalo:

In an early season game against the Jets or Dolphins........one of those pass rushing DL jumps on his back as he turtles into a sack.......

....the Bills announce he's going to get an X-ray on Monday........Sully, Vic and Co. gather at the stadium Monday to get results and they get a no comment..........and then on Tuesday am NFLN announces that Romo will be holding a PC at the Cowboys facility at Valley Ranch.......turns out it's to announce his retirement........thanking Jerry and Jason Garrett and Witten and Dez........and Parcells and Payton and his HS coach and oh yeah, a teensy thank you to the Pegula's for the paycheck. :beer: