Malik Hooker had two surgeries = no combine, 4-6 months

YoloinOhio

If he's there at 10, you take him and never look back. Of course the fans will roast Whaley and company for taking yet another injured player, but I hope Whaley wouldn't let that sway him. Hooker is some kind of rare athletic talent.

Wait for it...

His injuries are a big part of why I'd choose Adams over him. Do we want Whaley to draft high on more damaged goods?

And...there it is!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...there it is!

Hey, it's a concern some fans have. I'd be fine with drafting Hooker, it's just will these surgeries hamper him now and beyond? Who knows how his rookie year will go.

The hope obviously is these are just minor bumps in the road and he'll reach his full potential.

Edited by EersN'Bills

Hey, it's a concern some fans have. I'd be fine with drafting Hooker, it's just will these surgeries hamper him now and beyond? Who knows how his rookie year will go.

I'm just busting your chops a little. No animosity involved. I can respect fans being leery of a pick that may not be able to contribute early on. But this kid is a rare talent. Think Ed Reed with better range. As impossible as that is to conceive.

I'm just busting your chops a little. No animosity involved. I can respect fans being leery of a pick that may not be able to contribute early on. But this kid is a rare talent. Think Ed Reed with better range. As impossible as that is to conceive.

Haha and there was no offense taken. That's absolutely something we need. I guess 4-6 months isn't too bad (considering Lawson and Ragland) and that puts him back either right around the start of training camp or one month into the regular season.

Haha and there was no offense taken. That's absolutely something we need. I guess 4-6 months isn't too bad (considering Lawson and Ragland) and that puts him back either right around the start of training camp or one month into the regular season.

he had the surgery first week of Feb. and looks great - I think he will be ready for camp which is about 6 months recovery Edited by YoloinOhio

Glad no offense was taken. Never know with this place lately. And yeah, his recovery timeline is favorable.

He is a top-5 overall talent, but I am not sure any GM in a less than solid situation with his team would be willing to pull the trigger on Hooker with a top 10 pick. He could wind up being a real wild card in this draft.

It's funny how people can have different takes. I see it as a GM in less than a solid situation would HAVE to pull the trigger on a rare talent like Hooker. His prognosis is good; nothing like Jack's last year for example. Assuming no setbacks (a big assumption, I know), he's on a timeline for training camp.

I doubt he falls though.

Who are all these posters with "boards". Do you think it is a giant white board in the basement with magic markers? Why should I care about their boards? What are their credentials? Is it possible they develop their boards by reading a lot of web sites and watching some you tube? Why do they get so mad if the draft does not go as thier board predict? Do they really believe they know very much? Is this what Mel Kiper created?

Who are all these posters with "boards". Do you think it is a giant white board in the basement with magic markers? Why should I care about their boards? What are their credentials? Is it possible they develop their boards by reading a lot of web sites and watching some you tube? Why do they get so mad if the draft does not go as thier board predict? Do they really believe they know very much? Is this what Mel Kiper created?

I think the range varies between astute and experienced talent evaluators who often write for legitimate and recognized publications, to guys in tin foil hats living in their mother's basement. I'll let you be the judge as to who fits each category.

First of all I love this player and you all know that, but just to share a little info, my buddy is a HS coach and goes to osu spring practice a bunch. He was there last week and saw Malik. He said he is walking with a noticeable limp. Legs didn't look particularly strong to him, upper body was fine.

I think the range varies between astute and experienced talent evaluators who often write for legitimate and recognized publications, to guys in tin foil hats living in their mother's basement. I'll let you be the judge as to who fits each category.

My mother doesn't have a basement, thank you very much!

Rather than criticizing the use of the word board, wouldn't it make more sense to read what they have to say and form an opinion based on that?

Some of the posters here take this stuff seriously, and in some cases make a living writing about the draft.

They simply come here to talk football with fellow Bills fans.

Rather than criticizing the use of the word board, wouldn't it make more sense to read what they have to say and form an opinion based on that?

Some of the posters here take this stuff seriously, and in some cases make a living writing about the draft.

They simply come here to talk football with fellow Bills fans.

I agree with this take - I enjoy reading other's opinions and it is the basis of content, not the office it comes from, that makes it an interesting read and have merit.

Keep it Up and Go Bills!