Clayton top 15 QB list

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18581054/greatest-quarterbacks-all-ranking-john-clayton-picks-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-nfl-qb-ever

Don't see how Bradshaw and Starr make it over Aikman, Brees, or even Fouts. I would put Kelly behind Aikman and Brees, but ahead of Fouts, Bradshaw, and Starr.

Young is rated much too low.

Otto Graham and maybe even Unitas should get an asterisk or just be on a separate list. They played in a far different era than the QB's of the SuperBowl era. Yes I know Unitas played in two SuperBowls but he was mostly injured and awful by the.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18581054/greatest-quarterbacks-all-ranking-john-clayton-picks-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-nfl-qb-ever

Don't see how Bradshaw and Starr make it over Aikman, Brees, or even Fouts. I would put Kelly behind Aikman and Brees, but ahead of Fouts, Bradshaw, and Starr.

Young is rated much too low.

Otto Graham and maybe even Unitas should get an asterisk or just be on a separate list. They played in a far different era than the QB's of the SuperBowl era. Yes I know Unitas played in two SuperBowls but he was mostly injured and awful by the.

All the QB's you mention played with great teams of which they were an integral part. Bradshaw -and especially Starr- get the nod over TA, DB & DF because of the championships. Starr was a master at lulling opponents on 3rd & short with his terrific running game, by play-action and going deep. Unitas had a 47 game TD streak -which is STILL impressive in this era. Also, in his 2nd SB-V, he was NOT injured until the game when he got his ribs broken. Automatic Otto signified a big step up in League talent when the AAFC joined the NFL. He was a product of his time.

Otto Graham never even threw for 3000 yards :)

When you have Jim Brown in the backfield, it should have been illegal to throw at all. And Graham was the QB when Brown was in Cleveland....all those Browns powerhouses of the 50's. (I am not making this up, I said "Browns Powerhouses")

I know that I will take some heat for this but he is not one of the top 15 QBs of all-time.

I think most on here would respect that opinion. As above I don't believe older era guys that won with great teams deserve to be on the list. I also offered up some names that could easily be ranked above Kelly.

I was perhaps most surprised by how low Young was and Aikman not making the list. He was so incredibly frustrating in his precision and lack of turnovers. Three SuperBowl victories that he played a much greater part in than Starr of Bradshaw played in theirs. Yes the Cowboys were great teams but he was integral to making them great.

I think most on here would respect that opinion. As above I don't believe older era guys that won with great teams deserve to be on the list. I also offered up some names that could easily be ranked above Kelly.

I was perhaps most surprised by how low Young was and Aikman not making the list. He was so incredibly frustrating in his precision and lack of turnovers. Three SuperBowl victories that he played a much greater part in than Starr of Bradshaw played in theirs. Yes the Cowboys were great teams but he was integral to making them great.

I am a big Brees fan too. I know that we play in a passing era but he has 5 of the 9 5,000 yard seasons. He is 3rd all-time in yards (and less than 2 years away from being the all-time leader), 3rd all-time in passing TDs (and about 2 years away from being the all-time leader) and has won a Super Bowl. He isn't one of the top 15 ever? That is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

Aikman and Fouts are good candidates as well. I think that Ben has a pretty legitimate argument too from the modern day guys.

It's impossible to compare the Kelly and Marino era to this modern day pinball version of the NFL. The coverages and hits those guys took were on a different level. If Bruce crushed Boomer like he did in today's NFL he would have had people trying to get him out of the league.

When you have Jim Brown in the backfield, it should have been illegal to throw at all. And Graham was the QB when Brown was in Cleveland....all those Browns powerhouses of the 50's. (I am not making this up, I said "Browns Powerhouses")

Graham and Brown never played together. Graham retired after the 1955 season, Brown debuted in 1957. Of course, in the one year without either, they fell from a powerhouse (which like you said, they were) to a 5-7 record. And then became a powerhouse again (9-2-1) in Brown's rookie season.

I am a big Brees fan too. I know that we play in a passing era but he has 5 of the 9 5,000 yard seasons. He is 3rd all-time in yards (and less than 2 years away from being the all-time leader), 3rd all-time in passing TDs (and about 2 years away from being the all-time leader) and has won a Super Bowl. He isn't one of the top 15 ever? That is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

Aikman and Fouts are good candidates as well. I think that Ben has a pretty legitimate argument too from the modern day guys.

Aikman was fine...but not top 15 or 25. He could not win a game with his arm alone. He was very good with a very great cast

He still won 3 Super Bowls. If we are using that to elevate a lot of the other guys his 3 should be helping him.

Quarterbacks do not win super bowls - teams do - this is not tennis or boxing. Aikmens defense was ranked #1 and his offensive line was the best in the decade. Kellys defenses were ranked 27th

It might be the dumbest thing to do in sports is to rate qbs on their wins as prime factor