Clayton top 15 QB list

He's not even close. And I love Kelly.

I think a lot of the Kelly recognition is coming from his creativity and innovation. He essentially started the no-huddle offense and had huge success doing it. If Bills win first super bowl, I think top 15 no doubt. Otherwise, tough call...

Quarterbacks do not win super bowls - teams do - this is not tennis or boxing. Aikmens defense was ranked #1 and his offensive line was the best in the decade. Kellys defenses were ranked 27th

It might be the dumbest thing to do in sports is to rate qbs on their wins as prime factor

I am not saying it's right or wrong but Clayton is certainly using titles as a part of his criteria.

Troy Aikman couldn't sniff Kelly's jock.

Maybe not but he certainly played better in big games. He won 11 playoff games and 3 Super Bowls. Kelly was 9-8 with 21 TDs and 28 INTs.

Kelly was a nice QB but Brees for example is significantly better IMO. I'm not even sure that a case could be made for Kelly over Brees. Kelly is a great QB and the best that the franchise has ever had but he isn't the 13th best QB in history. History has actually been quite kind to his legacy because of Jim the person. The adversity he's faced with such grace and toughness has been a tribute to him. I think though that it has elevated people's memories of the player.