Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

That's nice. I forgot "TT" and "the offense" became synonymous.

Really?!? That's the card that you are going to play?!? I guess it doesn't matter if Brady or Ryan are on their team either. The QB touches the ball on every snap. It's the most important position in all of sports and we are going to pretend that the QB doesn't matter?!? Come on dude!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody touches the ball on offense more than Tyrod. (and the center I suppose)

Really?!? That's the card that you are going to play?!? I guess it doesn't matter if Brady or Ryan are on their team either. The QB touches the ball on every snap. It's the most important position in all of sports and we are going to pretend that the QB doesn't matter?!? Come on dude!!

So does every QB. And when it's a QB to QB comparison, TT is the 19th best at scoring points. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Edited by jmc12290

So does every QB. And when it's a QB to QB comparison, TT is the 19th best at scoring points. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

No the offense was 7th through 16 weeks. If the QB throws the ball 98 yards and Felton pounds it in from an inch the offense gets credit. The Bills ran the ball more than any team in the league and had the highest YPC in like 20 years. Tyrod is a HUGE part of that. The Bills aren't going to abandon what they do well to appease your stupid stats. The offense's performance is what matters. The people here are a little too football smart to try to pass that BS through on. The offense has racked up points the last 2 years and has been in the top 10 DVOA both years. Don't try to exclude the guy that runs the offense to fit your bs narrative. Just take the L and move on.

If you want to say there are areas that need to improve we can all agree on that. He absolutely has shortcomings but that number you are trying to manipulate isn't fooling anyone.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

19th best at scoring points according to what? TD/Game? TD%? Total TDs?

Over what time period? Last year? His time as a starter?

Are we factoring in all the points scored? Or just the ones passed for?

Can you explain why the Bills score a full 4 points less per game when Tyrod doesn't play? Seriously, we go from over 24 PPG to under 21 PPG...

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

so, what does that make Taylor?

Newton's lowest passing yards in 1 year: 3,127

Taylor's highest passing yards in 1 year: 3,035

Newton's lowest passing TD in 1 year: 18

Taylor's highest passing TD in 1 year: 20

Makes Taylor a good QB, just like Newton. Newton's been asked to pass more than Taylor has - and when he passes he isn't as effective as Taylor. Taylor's career passer rating is 92; Newton's is 86. Why the difference? Taylor's TD/INT ratio is nearly 3 to 1, Newton's is less than 2 to 1.

No the offense was 7th through 16 weeks. If the QB throws the ball 98 yards and Felton pounds it in from an inch the offense gets credit. The Bills ran the ball more than any team in the league and had the highest YPC in like 20 years. Tyrod is a HUGE part of that. The Bills aren't going to abandon what they do well to appease your stupid stats. The offense's performance is what matters. The people here are a little too football smart to try to pass that BS through on. The offense has racked up points the last 2 years and has been in the top 10 DVOA both years. Don't try to exclude the guy that runs the offense to fit your bs narrative. Just take the L and move on.

If you want to say there are areas that need to improve we can all agree on that. He absolutely has shortcomings but that number you are trying to manipulate isn't fooling anyone.

What L are you talking about? TT is 19th in TD's scored among QB's. Lesean was 4th among RB's/WR's.

Why should TT get a pat on the head when Shady breaks off a 20 yard run? Do we say, "Wow that Brady guy is awesome for Blount's 9 TD's?" No, we don't, because that's silly.

19th best at scoring points according to what? TD/Game? TD%? Total TDs?

Over what time period? Last year? His time as a starter?

Are we factoring in all the points scored? Or just the ones passed for?

Can you explain why the Bills score a full 4 points less per game when Tyrod doesn't play? Seriously, we go from over 24 PPG to under 21 PPG...

Yes, last year. Total TD's put up. 19th.

Edited by jmc12290

#pointsmatter

What L are you talking about? TT is 19th in TD's scored among QB's. Lesean was 4th among RB's/WR's.

Why should TT get a pat on the head when Shady breaks off a 20 yard run? Do we say, "Wow that Brady guy is awesome for Blount's 9 TD's?" No, we don't, because that's silly.

Yes, last year. Total TD's put up. 19th.

That's the stupidest stat ever. Where did he rank in turnovers then? Because we need more of the picture than a cherry picked stat. Does that account for 15 games?

Blake Bortles had 26 TDs last year. He also had a 78.8 rating, a 49.2 QBR, 22 turnovers and a 3-13 record. According to your criteria that would be a superior year.

#(some)pointsmatter

fixed it for you

That's the stupidest stat ever. Where did he rank in turnovers then? Because we need more of the picture than a cherry picked stat. Does that account for 15 games?

Blake Bortles had 26 TDs last year. He also had a 78.8 rating, a 49.2 QBR, 22 turnovers and a 3-13 record. According to your criteria that would be a superior year.

fixed it for you

Does what account 15 games? In your "16 weeks" stat, did that account for the game Ben Roethlisberger didn't start in the middle of the year? Why do you cherry pick the Bills season but count games Landry Jones and Matt Moore start? Edited by jmc12290

Does what account 15 games? In your "16 weeks" stat, did that account for the game Ben Roethlisberger didn't start in the middle of the year? Why do you cherry pick the Bills season but count games Landry Jones and Matt Moore start?

The Bills were 7th in points in games that Tyrod Taylor played in. We were talking about the QB's impact. I didn't think that it was prudent to include information from games that he didn't play in. I was accounting for his starts. FWIW, the Bills scored 10 points against a bottom 5 team in the game that he didn't play. They scored 31 against that same team earlier in the year. I'm not sure how many of those 31 points he gets credit for in your scoring system though?

Is this the Tyrod thread now? Thought this was interesting:

@FO_ScottKacsmar:

Record in games with a 100+ passer rating (min. 20 passes)

Tom Brady: 115-6

Tyrod Taylor: 4-5

Archie Manning: 2-9-1

And David Carr was 4-7. Carr, Taylor and Archie only QBs with losing record (min. 8 games)

Is this the Tyrod thread now? Thought this was interesting:

@FO_ScottKacsmar:

Record in games with a 100+ passer rating (min. 20 passes)

Tom Brady: 115-6

Tyrod Taylor: 4-5

Archie Manning: 2-9-1

And David Carr was 4-7. Carr, Taylor and Archie only QBs with losing record (min. 8 games)

Apparently. I saw the title and thought this was going to be about Bridgewater but I guess not.

Edited by vincec

The Bills were 7th in points in games that Tyrod Taylor played in. We were talking about the QB's impact. I didn't think that it was prudent to include information from games that he didn't play in. I was accounting for his starts. FWIW, the Bills scored 10 points against a bottom 5 team in the game that he didn't play. They scored 31 against that same team earlier in the year. I'm not sure how many of those 31 points he gets credit for in your scoring system though?

7th in points through 16 weeks when youre comparing him to Landry Jones?

Forget points - we were 3rd in offensive TDs before Week 17. That's a true measure of how good our offense was when you consider how bad our kicking was. I mean it's absolutely insane to say a QB could lead a team to the 3rd most offensive TDs in the entire league, and also that QB is not an NFL starter. I don't know why some people have to pull so hard in the opposite direction. No one here is trying to claim that Tyrod is the 3rd best QB in the league.

7th in points through 16 weeks when youre comparing him to Landry Jones?

I think that's hyperbole. Landry Jones had one start in the first 16 weeks and that was against the Patriots. Is that your big "gotcha" moment? Every time you come back with something it weakens your point.

Forget points - we were 3rd in offensive TDs before Week 17. That's a true measure of how good our offense was when you consider how bad our kicking was. I mean it's absolutely insane to say a QB could lead a team to the 3rd most offensive TDs in the entire league, and also that QB is not an NFL starter. I don't know why some people have to pull so hard in the opposite direction. No one here is trying to claim that Tyrod is the 3rd best QB in the league.

But Tyrod was 19th in offensive TDs. Remember that year Jerome Bettis had 368 yards and 9 rushing TDs? Forget about his 3.3 yards per carry, he was great that year!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

You hate to see any player injured. But unfortunately it is the nature of the beast. Football is a violent sport and it can end a career in the blink of an eye. The players know it and it is always in the back of their minds. For the love of the game (and the money) they are out there risking their health full knowing that on any play they could get hurt. They are tough guys and I admire them. O.k. not ALL of them but most.

You hate to see any player injured. But unfortunately it is the nature of the beast. Football is a violent sport and it can end a career in the blink of an eye. The players know it and it is always in the back of their minds. For the love of the game (and the money) they are out there risking their health full knowing that on any play they could get hurt. They are tough guys and I admire them. O.k. not ALL of them but most.

I really like Bridgewater. I was a fan at Louisville since the Sugar Bowl where he shredded the Gators. He has a tough back story and has made the most of it. It's terrible to see what happened to him. I'm hoping that guy makes it back or at the very least collects a nice insurance check.

I think that's hyperbole. Landry Jones had one start in the first 16 weeks and that was against the Patriots. Is that your big "gotcha" moment? Every time you come back with something it weakens your point.

But Tyrod was 19th in offensive TDs. Remember that year Jerome Bettis had 368 yards and 9 rushing TDs? Forget about his 3.3 yards per carry, he was great that year!!

Is 19th in QB TD's below average or what?

You know we had one of the best RB's in the NFL contributing to those offensive TD's, right?

Is 19th in QB TD's below average or what?

You know we had one of the best RB's in the NFL contributing to those offensive TD's, right?

Bortles would be around average. He had 22 turnovers and a 3-13 record. That's why the stat is irrelevant. It isn't telling you anything. Bortles threw a ton because the offense, led by him, was trash.

We had the best running game in football by a mile. 3 of the top 4 yards per carry teams were the Bills, Cowboys and Titans. Each of those teams has an extremely mobile QB. You can't just separate things out. They don't work independently of one another. It's a combination of a variety of factors. That's the point. The dominant Bills running game offers less opportunities to throw TDs than someone like Bortles. The situation dictates how you play. McCoy had 68 yards, 90 yards, and 10 yards (on 5 carries) in the 3 games he played without TT. The Bills lost to a team that went to the playoffs and 2 teams that finished 5-11. How good was that running game without TT under center?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Makes Taylor a good QB, just like Newton. Newton's been asked to pass more than Taylor has - and when he passes he isn't as effective as Taylor. Taylor's career passer rating is 92; Newton's is 86. Why the difference? Taylor's TD/INT ratio is nearly 3 to 1, Newton's is less than 2 to 1.

I am not into stats, nor do i follow them mostly.

But once and again one of you Fine folks present something that catches my eye. This is that occasion.

The argument and comparisons to Cam have had some semi heated exchanges.

This is a nice statistic to factor in the Big Picture

Edited by 3rdand12