Cyrus Kouandjio injures hip in fall at home; has surgery

YoloinOhio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's basically an insurance policy for Cordy Glenn anyway. It is unlikely that he would be getting that much playing time next year unless Cordy got hurt or unless they moved Cordy to right tackle which I doubt they were going to do anyway.

Need to address right tackle in the draft. And I don't think this is a great year for the number of offensive linemen in the draft. Color me worried about how the Bills address that spot. Free agency perhaps.

Hope he had LifeAlert!

I've fallen and I cant get up!

Did he actually fall trying to clean his gutters?

If so, kudos to him for trying to get ahead of the spring rains. Just hire it out next time, though.

Could be worse... It's BFLo! Remember when Joe Sakic got his hand caught in the snowblower!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/In-the-battle-of-snowblower-vs-Joe-Sakic-snowb?urn=nhl,128200

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

His career is probably over. He must have the bone density of an 85 year old. I'm an x-ray tech and the only fractured hips in people as young as him happen in MVC or falls from great heights.

You left out avascular necrosis.

Dude's on the juice.

Any chance of remotely capably replacing Tyrod with a Brian Hoyer type........WITHOUT using significant FA money or a very early pick on an OT........just went down with Cyrus falling off his walker.

Hey Mills.......since Tyrod has proven he can elude the free rusher you allow into the backfield every play I guess we could take ya' back if you will accept league min. :lol:

Any chance of remotely capably replacing Tyrod with a Brian Hoyer type........WITHOUT using significant FA money or a very early pick on an OT........just went down with Cyrus falling off his walker.

Hey Mills.......since Tyrod has proven he can elude the free rusher you allow into the backfield every play I guess we could take ya' back if you will accept league min. :lol:

Lol.

The silver lining in this is that it is better than it happened now than in week 1 of the regular season next season. Week 1 or preseason injury would have been more Billsy.

You must have had a hell of a breakfast if you can find the silver lining in that :lol: ...........this likley moves him from potential solid starter to no better than even money to be PUP, IR or cut versus just breaking camp with the team.

He was awkward enough before when he was working his assoff every offseason at offensive lineman school.........6 months atrophying at Shady Acres is a very bad situation for a suspect foot athlete to begin with.

Awful set of circumstances for the guy and tough break for the Bills, particularly Whaley who hasn't had much........well.....ANY..... luck drafting for need in early rounds.

So it's way up there on the Billsy scale.

But like I said......fortunately the QB in place doesn't need much in the way of pass blocking so if Glenn stays healthy they can probably get by with another dirt cheap run blocker at RT.

You must have had a hell of a breakfast if you can find the silver lining in that :lol: ...........this likley moves him from potential solid starter to no better than even money to be PUP, IR or cut versus just breaking camp with the team.

He was awkward enough before when he was working his assoff every offseason at offensive lineman school.........6 months atrophying at Shady Acres is a very bad situation for a suspect foot athlete to begin with.

Awful set of circumstances for the guy and tough break for the Bills, particularly Whaley who hasn't had much........well.....ANY..... luck drafting for need in early rounds.

But like I said......fortunately the QB in place doesn't need much in the way of pass blocking so if Glenn stays healthy they can probably get by with another dirt cheap run blocker at RT.

:lol:

Bills anticipate he should be ready for TC... sheesh

@chrisbrownbills

Cyrus Kouandjio suffered a non-football injury to his hip when he fell at his home. Had surgery Wed. Out until training camp. #Bills

Team press release

https://twitter.com/buffalobillspr/status/824703471085613058

Hard to stop that momentum once it starts falling. That is a big kid.

Yes. I was reaching for that silver lining.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just easier to deal with during the offseason rather than having to patch holes early in the season.

As Whaley seems to be better at identifying free agent talent than he is at identifying draft talent, I am interested to see who they bring in here and what positions they address in free agency. That will probably have a bigger impact on next year than whoever they draft besides their number 1 pick.