I Sure Hope That Stupid Wall Gets Built

Tiberius

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagine the outrage here if Obama decided to cut off federal funding to NC over the bathroom bill

You don't have to imagine.

He did it to CA with the Recovery Act money because CA's budget cut wages to unionized health care workers.

Naturally, Arnold, the staunch "Republican" that he was, quickly folded for the 'free' money so no one ever said a word.

Point me to the federal law requiring bathrooms to be transgendered.

Here's just a stab at, I just happened to be @ the Cornell website:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/20/1681

"...The guidance doesn't have the force of law, but tells schools how the Department of Education intends to enforce Title IX in the future. And because Title IX is directly tied to federal education funding, the guidance carries an implied threat: Follow the federal guidelines or risk losing those funds..."

So... ON that note... Trump will not enforce the Title IX law? I thought he was "law & order" guy?

My hope is that when you do, you'll be on the Mexican side.

In the meantime, tell me this: If he actually builds a wall and actually gets Mexico to pay for it, what is your problem with that?

Why would you possibly be opposed to that?

Use your own words.

We'll wait.

Id like to see the Mexican Check clear before I ordered the materials and hired the Mexicans to build it though.....

Here's just a stab at, I just happened to be @ the Cornell website:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/20/1681

"...The guidance doesn't have the force of law, but tells schools how the Department of Education intends to enforce Title IX in the future. And because Title IX is directly tied to federal education funding, the guidance carries an implied threat: Follow the federal guidelines or risk losing those funds..."

So... ON that note... Trump will not enforce the Title IX law? I thought he was "law & order" guy?

That says nothing about bathrooms being transgendered. That's not what Title IX is.

A "border wall" is a useless and stupid security stunt. You want to secure the border? You'd do better taking half the cost of a wall and increasing the border patrol funding.

The true stupidity is that there is no one single solution to the immigration issue. If you want to reduce illegal immigration, you have to disincentivize it...which means increased border security, increased legal immigration, a more efficient path to citizenship, and greater penalties for immigration violations. Any immigration/border security plan that does not address each of those four points is bloviating pablum intended to distract the masses.

I think I mentioned removing incentives (no jobs for those here outside of the immigration system) as necessary and yes that would be a big deterrent compared to now. A wall in many areas makes it harder for people to enter in those areas and reduces the effort to enforce so many miles of what is an open border now. That and some technology should reduce the size of the force needed to enforce entry. Current border patrol from TX to CA is about 21K agents now. If agent costs $75K per year with bennies and equipment (average over 50 years) and we can employ 3000 less of those than we would otherwise due to a wall or other devices being utilized, in 50 years we save $11 billion which is half the cost of the wall. Not a great return on the investment but added security might be worth it.

As for Trump, he always starts a negotiation with a very high bar position. Could be that the wall plan is just a way to get everyone to the bargaining table and we end up with cooperation from Mexico, more border security through some means not necessarily a 1000 mile wall, tighter employment verification, deported alien criminals and orderly legal immigration and just a trickle of illegal immigration.

Id like to see the Mexican Check clear before I ordered the materials and hired the Mexicans to build it though.....

Mexico pays by Trump telling Americans to stop vacationing there which is good advice. Been there 4 times, will never go back.

I think I mentioned removing incentives (no jobs for those here outside of the immigration system) as necessary and yes that would be a big deterrent compared to now. A wall in many areas makes it harder for people to enter in those areas and reduces the effort to enforce so many miles of what is an open border now. That and some technology should reduce the size of the force needed to enforce entry. Current border patrol from TX to CA is about 21K agents now. If agent costs $75K per year with bennies and equipment (average over 50 years) and we can employ 3000 less of those than we would otherwise due to a wall or other devices being utilized, in 50 years we save $11 billion which is half the cost of the wall. Not a great return on the investment but added security might be worth it.

As for Trump, he always starts a negotiation with a very high bar position. Could be that the wall plan is just a way to get everyone to the bargaining table and we end up with cooperation from Mexico, more border security through some means not necessarily a 1000 mile wall, tighter employment verification, deported alien criminals and orderly legal immigration and just a trickle of illegal immigration.

You'd think Trump would want to keep those border guards working. Now the wall will eliminate hardworking Americans from doing a job. It's like automating, now they can cut jobs? Sigh...

So you're in favor of illegal, cheap labor to drive down wages and undermine the unions?

They do the jobs that Americans won't do unless paid much more. Are you willing to pay $5 for a head of lettuce? I believe they should be given legal working status and pay taxes. Kicking them out is not a practical economic solution, it's just xenophobia.

ebc4c022d1ce5ee858d775d7c769803c.jpg

They do the jobs that Americans won't do unless paid much more. Are you willing to pay $5 for a head of lettuce? I believe they should be given legal working status and pay taxes. Kicking them out is not a practical economic solution, it's just xenophobia.ebc4c022d1ce5ee858d775d7c769803c.jpg

So the answer is "Yes" you are in favor of cheap illegal labor to drive down wages and undermine unions.

That's all you had to say.

I'll remember this the next time you wear a pussyhat demanding higher wages.

They do the jobs that Americans won't do unless paid much more. Are you willing to pay $5 for a head of lettuce? I believe they should be given legal working status and pay taxes. Kicking them out is not a practical economic solution, it's just xenophobia.

It's not an either/or proposition.

There will still be thousands of Mexicans and others from further south who will seek to come here to work farm labor. The farms recruit them, and help them get work visas.

What's more, this process generally ensures better working conditions and somewhat better wages.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Crazy

http://nbr.com/2017/01/26/golfer-bernhard-langer-reportedly-sparked-trumps-unsubstantiated-voter-fraud-claims/

Trump repeated his claim about widespread voter fraud, which is backed by no evidence, in a Monday meeting with lawmakers. When Democrats called foul, Trump relayed a story that he said Langer told him, The New York Times reported, citing three staff members who were in the room.

Trump said that Langer, a two-time Masters champion, waited in line to vote in Florida on Election Day before an official said he was not allowed to, witnesses told the Times. Trump went on to say that Langer stood next to people who did not look like they should be allowed to vote but who were able to cast provisional ballots, the newspaper reported.

Trump then floated the Latin American countries those voters could have hailed from, according to the Times. The report said the story “was greeted with silence” and White House chief of staff Reince Priebus urged Trump to change the subject.

A White House official disputed that version of events, saying Trump told a story passed to Langer by one of his friends, according to the newspaper. Langer’s daughter told the Times that her father is a German citizen who cannot vote in the United States and is not a friend of Trump.

I can only imagine the outrage here if Obama decided to cut off federal funding to NC over the bathroom bill

Judas priest or prudence or whatever its called...

Bottom line. NC is rightfully suing the federal government over this. And other states and cities are welcome to do so as well.

I am going to identify as a woman and take a shower with your family. Is that ok?

ebc4c022d1ce5ee858d775d7c769803c.jpg

as a farmer who employs this labor I love your bukkshit for some many reasons

Why should anyone pay $$$$ for something they can grow for 4¢?

Trust me, there are no shortages of workers willing to work for $5/hr. There are a lot who feel entitled to more since they went to Brown and got a masters in 12th century women's studies. But, the bigger point is that the communities in farming towns allow for migration of these workers. These workers are willing to move when the jobs move to the next Harvst. The workers who need money live like rats in **** holes like Chicago and Houston. They'll stay there because its cheaper to suck off the government and swallow every free resource they can from any one willing to unzip.

It's not an either/or proposition.

There will still be thousands of Mexicans and others from further south who will seek to come here to work farm labor. The farms recruit them, and help them get work visas.

What's more, this process generally ensures better working conditions and somewhat better wages.

thank you. Temoroary work visas are yuge for the ag industry. They drove costs down which is what BlowJoe should realize. How the hell else can I fill up on Taco Bell for $12?!

The safety record on farms suffers because of this untrained labor. I get injured enough for the ER once every 2 yrs and I'm half incompetent, half trained and half samrt.

By just pulling anyone in the food chain you're asking for more ecoli, more lysteria, more bacteria. Then you'll ask for regulation. Then you'll have to fund more regulation which drives the cost up while having to keep labor down and that createa a Democrat wet dream

Since Mexico is paying for it I hope it's a big beautiful wall like the Donald told us it would be. Something like the great wall of China would be perfect. After they finish that wall it'll be time to build one along the Canadian border.

Making America great again

And yet still beat Hillary Clinton. SAD!

Its been 2 weeks....so what is the over under on the Clinton Obama rehashing? 2018? 2019?

I blipped through this thread and in no time it devolved from "The Wall" to talk about transgendered rights.....as DT would say....SAD.

All you have to know about the wall is this: The GOP conservative congressman from TEXAS whose district has border says "The Wall" is the stupidest thing he could think of, won't support it and the money could be best spent elsewhere...

For some reason things won't paste - so just google Filemon Vela

Its been 2 weeks....so what is the over under on the Clinton Obama rehashing? 2018? 2019?

I blipped through this thread and in no time it devolved from "The Wall" to talk about transgendered rights.....as DT would say....SAD.

All you have to know about the wall is this: The GOP conservative congressman from TEXAS whose district has border says "The Wall" is the stupidest thing he could think of, won't support it and the money could be best spent elsewhere...

For some reason things won't paste - so just google Filemon Vela

Search Results
Texas Congressman to Trump: Shove Border Wall "Up Your Ass" | The ...
Jun 6, 2016 - Filemon Vela unleashed on presumptive Republican presidential ... Texas Congressman to Trump: "Take Your Border Wall and Shove It Up ...