Aaron Rodgers 0-35

section122

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also has a 90-45 record so yeah I'm sure the 25% of games he loses by "not being clutch" isn't a big deal.

Tyrod has a horrible record trailing by 4 AT ANY POINT IN THE DAMN GAME. Not just the 4th quarter.

Tebow is clutch. He has the highest 4th qtr tQBR ever.

Tebow also has a career QBR of 45 so he's hot, steaming garbage for the other 3 quarters of the game. 45 isn't even in the top 200 for QBs all time.

Edited by Elite Poster

This thread is so aggravating. We are comparing a future HOF, super bowl winner, multiple time first team all-pro, who has thrown for 30+ TDs and 4000+ yards 6 times out of 9 years starting, to Tyrod who struggles to get 20 passing TDs and 3k yards.

A A Ron doesn't win the SB every year! And he got rid of his aging actress girlfriend and will never get a date again! He's a bum!

I don't think anyone is comparing Rodgers and Taylor, the OP appears to be using the stat to show that it's a faulty measure of how good a QB can be, and instead it's probably better to take into account multiple different factors when forming an opinion on a QB.

The 4th quarter comeback stat can be misleading, but confidence in your QB to provide your team a chance in those situations is of enormous importance. Does anyone here really think Tyrod Taylor can be counted on to drive down the field late in the 4th quarter to beat a playoff caliber team? I sure don't. I'd happily put the ball in Aaron Rodger's hand though. Here is all I could find on the matter:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RodgAa00

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=TaylTy00

This

Perception and confidence means a lot.

Funny the OP list only winning records.

Takes a special kind of stupid to say Bills had an average defense.

16th in points given up per game, 16th in total points given up, and 18th in yards per game, and finally 19th in total yards.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think the Bills had anything BUT an average defense. Just about 100 yards (less than 10 per game) from being 16th in all of these stats; in other words, literally, dead center in the entire league.

So what the heck is average in your world? Or is this some type of alternative fact?

16th in points given up per game, 16th in total points given up, and 18th in yards per game, and finally 19th in total yards.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think the Bills had anything BUT an average defense. Just about 100 yards (less than 10 per game) from being 16th in all of these stats; in other words, literally, dead center in the entire league.

So what the heck is average in your world? Or is this some type of alternative fact?

The bottom third of the NFL is rancid or crippled or totally incompetent, just beating that out is the lowest rental district of any definition of "average."

The bottom third of the NFL is rancid or crippled or totally incompetent, just beating that out is the lowest rental district of any definition of "average."

The bottom third of the NFL is teams' 22-32 (because a third of 32 is about 10). In what world is 16th "just beating that out"? We were about a FG a game or a TD about every other game from being a top ten OR bottom ten scoring defense. That is literally average, one standard deviation (approximately) from the top and bottom.

When we use statistics and statistical vocabulary, its important to make sure you understand what you are saying.

EDIT:

So I went ahead and calculated the standard deviation and true average for scoring defense in the NFL in 2016 because all these false narratives here drive me nuts.

True StDv: 3.380230415414

True AVG: 22.771875

Therefore, our Bills were .5 points PER game from being statistically in the middle for points given up in 2016 and about a FG per game from being part of the top third.

Edited by Elite Poster

The bottom third of the NFL is teams' 22-32 (because a third of 32 is about 10). In what world is 16th "just beating that out"? We were about a FG a game or a TD about every other game from being a top ten OR bottom ten scoring defense. That is literally average, one standard deviation (approximately) from the top and bottom.

When we use statistics and statistical vocabulary, its important to make sure you understand what you are saying.

The problem is that the defense was incredibly inconsistent. The average PPG allowed is right there in the middle at 23.6, but they allowed 27 or more points in 8 of their 16 games, and 30 or more in 6 of them.

EDIT:

So I went ahead and calculated the standard deviation and true average for scoring defense in the NFL in 2016 because all these false narratives here drive me nuts.

True StDv: 3.380230415414

True AVG: 22.771875

Therefore, our Bills were .5 points PER game from being statistically in the middle for points given up in 2016 and about a FG per game from being part of the top third.

I've gone a step further, and removed defensive and special teams TDs surrendered by each team, and here's how it looks:

Mean Defensive PPG allowed: 21.764

STDEV for Defensive PPG allowed: 3.050

Bills' Defensive PPG allowed: 23.063 (ranks 20th in the league)

Edited by thebandit27

The problem is that the defense was incredibly inconsistent. The average PPG allowed is right there in the middle at 23.6, but they allowed 27 or more points in 8 of their 16 games, and 30 or more in 6 of them.

Inconsistent or beat up on bad teams? The only team with a winning record that the Bills held to less than 20 was the Pats with Brissett.