IF I WERE BILLS GM FOR 1 MONTH!

13player

You lost me at getting rid of shady and drafting a qb this season. If we get rid of shady, I'd hope we go into full tank mode for Darnold next year. Drafting a rookie qb in this class in rd 1-3 would be painful to endure, especially with no McCoy. After getting sparked in every game at least we'd have the #1 pick to look forward to and grabbing the best qb in the draft. Your philosophy would lead to 5 more years of 4-12 to 7-9 records IMO.

Go full tank mode for Darnold and he decides to stay in school for another year. :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd consider it my official duty to spend 16 hours a day surfing certain unmentionable websites "for research purposes, only" and forwarding the spoils to others throughout the league... you know, instead of just surfing for 16 hours a day for personal reasons.

I'm not convinced about his long term pro potential and who knows if he declares in 2018.

I don't know either but the tools are exciting. He's the closest to Mike Vick that I've ever seen (and I mean that in a good way). There are certainly some questions though. If you are swinging for the fences though he's not a bad option. Massive ceiling but has a pretty low floor.

I don't know either but the tools are exciting. He's the closest to Mike Vick that I've ever seen (and I mean that in a good way). There are certainly some questions though. If you are swinging for the fences though he's not a bad option. Massive ceiling but has a pretty low floor.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how he progresses next season at Louisville. Could be the ultimate College QB weapon whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how he progresses next season at Louisville. Could be the ultimate College QB weapon whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Don't forget Josh Rosen should be in the draft too. I have all 3 of those guys ahead of anyone in this class at this point.

cut carp. redo kyles deal and grahams deal and cut their cap hits in half. sign gilmore, brown. attempt to trade tyrod on the league opening day so little dead cap. trade for browns first pick and take trubisky.

OBD doesn't have the resources to trade for the #1 pick first off. And the mortgaging the future so severely for one guy when this team has so many holes is bad plan Louie.

Yeah lets dump a pro bowl RB. Lets just leave it to Whaley thanks.

Leaving it to Whaley....I'd rather Whaley just left.

Go full tank mode for Darnold and he decides to stay in school for another year. :lol:

There's always that chance. We have to pick a road to travel. Build the best team we can from what we have or bust it up and build from the bottom. I'm fine with either direction.....but they have to pick a road 100%. Don't build for the future and build for right now. I believe that just leads to a bunch of 7-9 seasons, like we've had for the last 17 years. Only time will tell

If you are switching back to a 4-3, why are you listing 4 LB'ers?

I can't answer that for him for IMO he only listed 3. Zach,, Reggie and Zo. Preston is a backup IMO. Although I don't know if Zo fits this scheme. Zach + Reggie + FA/draft pick should be our starters

If I was the Bills GM for 1 moth I would,

Switch back to a 4 - 3 Defense, move Hughes back up front and run with Both Browns, Ragland and Lorenzo as your LB's

let go of:

Shady and free up some cash and get out of a very expensive contact on an aging always hurt RB (mind you, hurt and all he still puts up numbers)

TT and EJ and run with 2 rookies and CJ, yes it will hurt but its going to hurt anyway , so lets see if we can find a stud

Dan Carpenter and sign anyone cheap

Goodwin - the guy sucks or give him a shot at punt returner

Draft:

1st rd = Best QB Available

2nd rd = Best Safety available

3rd rd = Best QB available

4rd, rd best RB available (even though I think we have a good rookie and decent veteran left on the roster

5th, secondary

6th, secondary

7th , kicker

Sign

Gilmore, we could do worse, he got much better this year

sign the best Right Guard free agent we can

Lorenzo, see if he would sign a 2 year deal

woods, he has been steady eddy

best free agent # 2 receiver

a durable back up RB

sign the best corner other than Gilmore

Zack Brown

Finally beg K. Williams to come back

Lawson and Ragland will be like adding 2 new picks and I hope will be pay off.

Ok members go ahead and give it to me!

I'd cut EJ as a first priority. He has no business being on any NFL roster. I wouldn't let go of Shady, I mean he's the best player on our team hands down and it would be an $8mil cap hit if we let him go. I'd actually keep Goodwin, he showed a lot of growth last year finally. I'd try to restructure Marcell Dareus's deal along with Charles Clay's deal to free up some cap space. I'd let Lorenzo and Preston Brown go and bring in a new LB's.

I'd cut EJ as a first priority. He has no business being on any NFL roster. I wouldn't let go of Shady, I mean he's the best player on our team hands down and it would be an $8mil cap hit if we let him go. I'd actually keep Goodwin, he showed a lot of growth last year finally. I'd try to restructure Marcell Dareus's deal along with Charles Clay's deal to free up some cap space. I'd let Lorenzo and Preston Brown go and bring in a new LB's.

EJ is a pending UFA so there's no need to cut him as his contract will expire.