IF I WERE BILLS GM FOR 1 MONTH!

13player

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was the Bills GM for 1 moth I would,

Switch back to a 4 - 3 Defense, move Hughes back up front and run with Both Browns, Ragland and Lorenzo as your LB's

let go of:

Shady and free up some cash and get out of a very expensive contact on an aging always hurt RB (mind you, hurt and all he still puts up numbers)

TT and EJ and run with 2 rookies and CJ, yes it will hurt but its going to hurt anyway , so lets see if we can find a stud

Dan Carpenter and sign anyone cheap

Goodwin - the guy sucks or give him a shot at punt returner

Draft:

1st rd = Best QB Available

2nd rd = Best Safety available

3rd rd = Best QB available

4rd, rd best RB available (even though I think we have a good rookie and decent veteran left on the roster

5th, secondary

6th, secondary

7th , kicker

Sign

Gilmore, we could do worse, he got much better this year

sign the best Right Guard free agent we can

Lorenzo, see if he would sign a 2 year deal

woods, he has been steady eddy

best free agent # 2 receiver

a durable back up RB

sign the best corner other than Gilmore

Zack Brown

Finally beg K. Williams to come back

Lawson and Ragland will be like adding 2 new picks and I hope will be pay off.

Ok members go ahead and give it to me!

Shows why you aren't a GM---you obviously play too much Madden

Edited by matter2003

I would admit that the Manuel pick was a huge mistake, admit the Watkins trade was an error, admit that we don't have a franchise QB, we lack of talent at the WR position, have big question marks at LB and safety positions, etc...Then, I would start giving the fans our famous OBD COOL AID. Russ will be giving them out for free. Soon the fans will be "high" on the great progress, potential, and future of the team. I will be given an extensive new contract for my work.

This is a fun thought exercise, but the truth is that if any of us were the GM, we'd be worse than Doug Whaley. Leave us in power long enough and we'd end up as loved as Matt Millen.

Like most professions, being a GM looks easier from the outside than it really is. The job requires a lot of professional expertise, years of experience, organizational leadership skills, and a solid network of other insiders.

If I was the Bills GM for 1 moth I would,

Switch back to a 4 - 3 Defense, move Hughes back up front and run with Both Browns, Ragland and Lorenzo as your LB's

let go of:

Shady and free up some cash and get out of a very expensive contact on an aging always hurt RB (mind you, hurt and all he still puts up numbers)

TT and EJ and run with 2 rookies and CJ, yes it will hurt but its going to hurt anyway , so lets see if we can find a stud

Dan Carpenter and sign anyone cheap

Goodwin - the guy sucks or give him a shot at punt returner

Draft:

1st rd = Best QB Available

2nd rd = Best Safety available

3rd rd = Best QB available

4rd, rd best RB available (even though I think we have a good rookie and decent veteran left on the roster

5th, secondary

6th, secondary

7th , kicker

Sign

Gilmore, we could do worse, he got much better this year

sign the best Right Guard free agent we can

Lorenzo, see if he would sign a 2 year deal

woods, he has been steady eddy

best free agent # 2 receiver

a durable back up RB

sign the best corner other than Gilmore

Zack Brown

Finally beg K. Williams to come back

Lawson and Ragland will be like adding 2 new picks and I hope will be pay off.

Ok members go ahead and give it to me!

I definitely would keep TT and not keep EJ. I don't think this is the year you draft a quarterback to many holes and not enough draft picks. my first pic would be safety or wide receiver . I haven't studied the position I don't know which ones deeper. Keep shady, do not draft a RB we have very good one now.

My draft

Best Wr

Best ss

Best RT

Best Cb

Best Cb

Then fill in on o line