The Trump Economy

GG

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Or...

Obama took on one of the worst situations in economic history. A housing market in a funk that was a drag on everything. Since too many houses were on the market already it depressed the market and slowed building which had a ripple effect all through the economy. Getting all the under water mortgages taken care of took time. Since housing is so central to the economy it took time. And the foreign markets were in a funk, too, so trade could not lift us out of the slump. Yet, in spite of that the economy did rise and kept right on getting stronger, even with all the old baby boomers falling out of the market. The Tarp program--under Bush--the stimulus program and sound, rational leadership--in spite of GOP shut down nonsense--allowed for the economy to thrive which continues to this day. Trump is only riding a wave that began under Obama. When the business cycle turns Trumps support will take yet another hit 

I really wonder where you get this crap.

"The worst situation in economic history?"

I'm guessing you pay no attention to people who actually run businesses in the US. 

CNBC has them on everyday.

They have a completely different view than you express, but what do they know, since they're actual fiduciaries running businesses?

I have no idea how old you are, but you are destined for failure unless you figure things out.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A former Steelworkers union leader has blasted Donald Trump as a “con man,”  an “idiot” and a “liar” as Indianapolis air-conditioning and furnace company Carrier Corp. laid off 215 more workers Thursday. The company has sent a third of its jobs to Mexico since Trump boasted a year ago about a $7 million state tax incentive deal for the company to keep jobs in the U.S.

“I think everybody ought to respect the president of the United States and the office he holds. But Donald Trump is a liar and an idiot,” Chuck Jones, former president of United Steelworkers 1999, said at an Indianapolis town hall meeting on Wednesday that was streamed live on Facebook.

“When he was saying these jobs would not be leaving this country, not at any point in time did he say, ‘I’m bringing back my jobs I’ve got outside the country. I’m going to bring back my daughter’s jobs,’” added Jones, referring to overseas manufacturing for Trump and Ivanka Trump products. “He’s a pure and simple con man ... and I’m sorry people bought into his message. He sold us a bag of ****, and now we’re stuck with it,” Jones added, The New Yorker reported.

“He got up there and for whatever reason, lied his ass off,” Jones said at the time. “Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog-and-pony show with the numbers.” 

Jones was joined at the Good Jobs Nation town hall by several angry Carrier workers.

“We all didn’t expect 100 percent [of jobs] to be saved,” said Duane Oreskovic, master assembly worker. “That was a given. But we expected a lot more to be saved than what was told, that he promised.”

Speakers also questioned why no one in the administration seemed concerned about the loss of other Steelworker union jobs. One speaker asked about Carrier’s other 700 jobs in Huntington. Rexnord Corp., also in Indianapolis, closed in NovemberJobs from both of the companies were sent to Mexico.

7 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

A former Steelworkers union leader has blasted Donald Trump as a “con man,”  an “idiot” and a “liar” as Indianapolis air-conditioning and furnace company Carrier Corp. laid off 215 more workers Thursday. The company has sent a third of its jobs to Mexico since Trump boasted a year ago about a $7 million state tax incentive deal for the company to keep jobs in the U.S.

“I think everybody ought to respect the president of the United States and the office he holds. But Donald Trump is a liar and an idiot,” Chuck Jones, former president of United Steelworkers 1999, said at an Indianapolis town hall meeting on Wednesday that was streamed live on Facebook.

“When he was saying these jobs would not be leaving this country, not at any point in time did he say, ‘I’m bringing back my jobs I’ve got outside the country. I’m going to bring back my daughter’s jobs,’” added Jones, referring to overseas manufacturing for Trump and Ivanka Trump products. “He’s a pure and simple con man ... and I’m sorry people bought into his message. He sold us a bag of ****, and now we’re stuck with it,” Jones added, The New Yorker reported.

“He got up there and for whatever reason, lied his ass off,” Jones said at the time. “Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog-and-pony show with the numbers.” 

Jones was joined at the Good Jobs Nation town hall by several angry Carrier workers.

“We all didn’t expect 100 percent [of jobs] to be saved,” said Duane Oreskovic, master assembly worker. “That was a given. But we expected a lot more to be saved than what was told, that he promised.”

Speakers also questioned why no one in the administration seemed concerned about the loss of other Steelworker union jobs. One speaker asked about Carrier’s other 700 jobs in Huntington. Rexnord Corp., also in Indianapolis, closed in NovemberJobs from both of the companies were sent to Mexico.

Awww, how cute.  HuffPo reporting on one of their town hall meetings held by fronts run by one of their contributors, and pretending it's news.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Awww, how cute.  HuffPo reporting on one of their town hall meetings held by fronts run by one of their contributors, and pretending it's news.

There's a term that's been popularized lately to describe organizations, outlets, and even stories themselves which purport to convey actual news to their subscribers, but actually report untruly.

What was that phrase again...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There's a term that's been popularized lately to describe organizations, outlets, and even stories themselves which purport to convey actual news to their subscribers, but actually report untruly.

The History Channel?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

aliens.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Maybe if you read something other than the Huffpost you'd realize what was actually happening in this country. Well, actually I doubt you would.

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don’t think it’s a term, but a couple of acronyms.

Something like CNN or MSNBC

• Haha (+1) 2

Half of the new jobs in the United States last year were created in just five states: California, Texas, Florida, New York and Georgia. These states have about 36% of U.S. population, but captured 51% of the job growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This isn’t unusual. The same thing happened in 2015 and 2016: The biggest, most dynamic economies in America got bigger and more dynamic, largely because these states are home to the big cities that create a preponderance of new jobs. Big and growing cities, such as Dallas, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, Houston, Riverside, San Francisco and Orlando, are the powerhouses of the economy. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/3614fa2a-ebc5-33ca-9c7c-d920f3fe4938/half-of-new-jobs-were-created.html

Cities are driving the growth 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Newsflash:

Biggest cities have more jobs!

:o

But, but, but... Crumbs I tell ya, crumbs! The country is going down the tubes. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For those to technically challenged to click the link...

page-strzok-text-hillary-1.jpg?w=640&h=4

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

4% growth?? Lol, ya right. He just took the excellent Obama economy and relabeled it. 

There are a lot of positives underlying the data. The main issue, which Trump or any president can't fix short term, is that strong consumer spending raises the trade deficit which acts as a drag on the observed growth rate.  As I mentioned about the tax plan, the tax cuts should push growth into the 3-4% range this year. 

40 minutes ago, TPS said:

There are a lot of positives underlying the data. The main issue, which Trump or any president can't fix short term, is that strong consumer spending raises the trade deficit which acts as a drag on the observed growth rate.  As I mentioned about the tax plan, the tax cuts should push growth into the 3-4% range this year. 

I hope you are right, but the Fed doesn't agree http://fortune.com/2017/12/13/federal-reserve-rate-rises-2018/

Nor do these economists http://projects.wsj.com/econforecast/?standalone=1#ind=gdpa&r=10

34 minutes ago, TPS said:

BTW, this could be the annual event where we agree.  Lot's of inflationary signals out there.   The kids may actually see inflation for the first time in their lives.

1 hour ago, GG said:

BTW, this could be the annual event where we agree.  Lot's of inflationary signals out there.   The kids may actually see inflation for the first time in their lives.

I thought inflation pressure was obvious from the tax plan.  That could dump half a trillion dollars into the economy, which can't help but be inflationary.