The Trump Economy

GG

USA TODAY COLUMN: In Democrats’ war on Donald Trump, ‘stupid’ economy still stubbornly good.

As Richard Fernandez says on Facebook  — “Trump is vulnerable to economic downturn or big foreign war. But he is not vulnerable to shaming, which his opponents have focused on so far, because the elites have clay feet and the public know it.”

Related: Small business seeing the best economy in 50 years, report finds.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Government Dependency Plunges Under Trump — Why Aren’t We Celebrating?

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

Friday’s jobs report showed that the economy created 224,000 new jobs, yet the unemployment rate edged up to 3.7%. Both are welcome news. The unemployment rate went up because 158,000 rejoined the labor market. These are people who previously didn’t have a job and weren’t looking for one. The labor market is tight enough that people who’d given up on work are getting lured back into the job market. And they’re finding work. As of June, there were 5.6 million more people with jobs than when President Trump took office — despite claims by prominent economists that the economy was already at full employment when he was sworn in.

a President who is perceived as pro-business puts hopes in the disaffected unemployed and investors wanting returns on their new business ventures or additions.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Government Dependency Plunges Under Trump — Why Aren’t We Celebrating?

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

Friday’s jobs report showed that the economy created 224,000 new jobs, yet the unemployment rate edged up to 3.7%. Both are welcome news. The unemployment rate went up because 158,000 rejoined the labor market. These are people who previously didn’t have a job and weren’t looking for one. The labor market is tight enough that people who’d given up on work are getting lured back into the job market. And they’re finding work. As of June, there were 5.6 million more people with jobs than when President Trump took office — despite claims by prominent economists that the economy was already at full employment when he was sworn in.

"We're" not celebrating because progressives believe that dependency on the government is success.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"We're" not celebrating because progressives believe that dependency on the government is success.

when someone is grateful their broken leg has healed and they can mostly walk as before, progressives complain that person can't flap his arms and fly to the moon now

43 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program." Nancy Pelosi. …

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This made me laugh. You can't boycott everyone. 

That's what this Home Depot boycott thing is?  Boycotting a store because the guy who no longer has any relation to it is doing something they don't like?

That's like threatening England by boycotting India.  :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

That's what this Home Depot boycott thing is?  Boycotting a store because the guy who no longer has any relation to it is doing something they don't like?

That's like threatening England by boycotting India.  :wacko:

No one said these people were bright. They get worked up over everything and anything... the perpetually aggrieved.  Must be exhausting. 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one said these people were bright. They get worked up over everything and anything... the perpetually aggrieved.  Must be exhausting. 

they have to find something new all the time for their Three Hours Hate every day

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This made me laugh. You can't boycott everyone. 

meh. Lowes sells lots of blems and defects. there's a reason they pander to the home owner.

Edited by Foxx

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Opponents of Trump trying to fight him on the economy will be toast..lose all credibility with folks like me. As you know, the one statement Trump made during his campaign i agreed with 100% ,

Look at how much African American communities are suffering from Democratic control. To those I say the following: What do you have to lose by trying something new like Trump? What do you have to lose?" he asked. "You live in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/9/2019 at 8:37 AM, DC Tom said:

What's funny, at least to me, is that the people who show up in my FB feeds who are announcing they will no longer shop at Home Depot are people I know who essentially have little or no reason to go to HD in the first place.

Do they really think they're going to hit HD in the pocket because they're going to stop picking up a bag of washers to provide that finishing touch to their latest scrap booking efforts they've been working on for grandpa?

US government is running out of money faster than expected, Mnuchin warns

In a letter to Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Mnuchin wrote that the US might default on its obligations as soon as early September, before Congress returns from its summer recess.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/politics/mnuchin-congress-letter-debt-crisis/index.html

But , but the economy is booming and unemployment at a record low.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s your point Alf? The economy and government spending are not connected.

Alf's talking point is about as intelligent as saying, "I only saved 12.5% on my car insurance by switching to GEICO, therefore Trump sucks!"