Wanna dump Tyrod, then who's the new QB

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what really grinds my gears?

If I ask for Tabasco sauce and they only have Frank's.

What kind of restaurant/diner doesn't have Tabasco sauce?

Who the hell wants Frank's on eggs?!?!?

Getting back on topic here...Tapatio on eggs, that's if fresh salsa isn't available. Any restaurant that doesn't have fresh salsa available isn't worth going to. Nothing out of a jar!!!

Edited by 707BillsFan

In the 15 games Tryod started:

26.4 points per game

10 games with at least 25 points out of 15

5th in the NFL in scoring

3rd in the NFL in Touchdowns

But Tyrods the problem right...

On the flip side, if you ignore the anomaly of the week 4 Brady-Less Pats shutout (everyone and their mother knows we don't shut out Brady, especially since he dropped 41 on us in the next game)...

25.2 points per game allowed (27th in the NFL)

.250 (a combined record of 20-60) of the 5 teams that allowed more points per game than us if you disregard the first freak Pats game missing Brady

But keep telling me its all about Tyrod and not about the defense.

You can't ignore things...

Problems with drafting your replacement - we have NO other option. We wouldn't have tyrod, and we'll have a gaping hole at the most important position.

Of the first 6 picks - 5 would have to at least consider QBs.

The Browns are the only that I'll say probably won't unless one of the dudes really steps up. Niners/Bears both need QBs. So in all likelihood 1 comes off the board there (maybe 1 snags Tyrod and thinks they can improve elsewhere). Next you have Jacksonville - who may fall in love with a Watson or Mahomes and try to sell tickets - but this could be a spot to trade up to.

The Titans will want an impact player at 5, or to trade and get more picks (more bullets - more chances to hit). Either way the price to move from 10 to 4 or 5 is next year's first...

6th is the Jets - so that means another comes off the board. The next 3 are unlikely to take a QB - but that doesn't mean Houston, Cleveland, Chicago. But everyone knows we want one - so this will be where offers may come in to jump us.

The rookie we get might be the 3rd or 4th off the board, and a massive overdraft. And we're getting excited for the 3rd or 4th best QB in a mediocre QB class...

Zap

BAM!

POW!

Zap

What does time of possession have anything to do with a QB being bad or not? Score points is the name of the game, whether it's a 4 minute drive or a 7 minute drive

And obviously scoring points has nothing to do with QB being bad or not either.

Thank Shady

Did you see the world record setting 3 and outs all season long?

That's not good for the defense.

It's a team game. Yes, the D sucked. But so did Tyrod. It's really that simple.

Record setting 3 and outs? There were seven teams worse this season alone. One of which was New England and two others were playoff teams.

Holy nitpicking.

Does the QB play a roll in 3 and out and TOP?

Cant cherry pick what unit stats to apply

QB plays a role in all of it (good and bad)!! We can't selectively say this was done because of ____ & despite ____." Football is the ultimate team game and the sum of the parts makes the whole.

Points happen to be much more important than 3 & outs though. You don't win or lose a game because you have more or less 3 & outs. You win or lose based on points.

QB plays a role in all of it (good and bad)!! We can't selectively say this was done because of ____ & despite ____." Football is the ultimate team game and the sum of the parts makes the whole.

Points happen to be much more important than 3 & outs though. You don't win or lose a game because you have more or less 3 & outs. You win or lose based on points.

Sure you can. Keep putting a zapped defense on the field (and short field at times) ala Oakland that absolutely hurts points against.

So yes 3 and outs can hurt just as much and attribute to points against as wel.

Yes 3 and outs are just another quick change event like a TO is. Without the short field (sometimes)

It's a habeñero sauce. Habeñero is is my least favorite chili in regards to taste and flavor profile.

Real men go for ghost chili or one of the "7 pot" chilies.

Sounds next level. I don't want my tongue to burn off, still want to enjoy the food.

The green el yucateco is perfect w fajitas or carne asada tacos.

Need to watch your pour just a dab will do for the tacos.

Yucateco for heat. Valantino or Tapatio will do when taking it easy.

Record setting 3 and outs? There were seven teams worse this season alone. One of which was New England and two others were playoff teams.

Holy nitpicking.

Seven teams worse.

Keep reaching for the stars, baby!

We're not the worst!!!!!

My choice would be Watson (but likely not there at 10)

Trade down a bit and go Mahomes

It's tough to evaluate this early on without any workouts etc.- but there seems to be a pretty much growing contingent of

Kizer/Trubinsky

Watson/Mahomes/kaaya

and everyone else

Now there's no way were out at 10 - Likely only 2 go by pick 10 I'd say. Maybe Bears, and probably Jets. Concern of Cleveland jumping ahead of 10 and maybe taking Mahomes. But there are like 5 teams ahead of us who have worse QBs than we do. I figure if we walk from Tyrod, one of them probably has Tyrod and will go BPA.

But you're in a pickle either way The guy you want may be gone, and you're going to be on the clock in like 10-15 minutes. You have to decide who you want if you stay pat, and who you target to trade down if that's the goal.

It becomes a game of chicken too. Any of the teams with older qb's like New orleans or SD may move in there to snag one. And then there's Houston who's a QB away from being a pretty good team. So you may not want to trade down very far since they may consider moving up a couple picks to snag a watson or something.

I just don't want to walk out of the draft with who we had like 4th or 5th best on our board - and have that guy walk in with the starting job.

Edited by dneveu

Problems with drafting your replacement - we have NO other option. We wouldn't have tyrod, and we'll have a gaping hole at the most important position.

Of the first 6 picks - 5 would have to at least consider QBs.

The Browns are the only that I'll say probably won't unless one of the dudes really steps up. Niners/Bears both need QBs. So in all likelihood 1 comes off the board there (maybe 1 snags Tyrod and thinks they can improve elsewhere). Next you have Jacksonville - who may fall in love with a Watson or Mahomes and try to sell tickets - but this could be a spot to trade up to.

The Titans will want an impact player at 5, or to trade and get more picks (more bullets - more chances to hit). Either way the price to move from 10 to 4 or 5 is next year's first...

6th is the Jets - so that means another comes off the board. The next 3 are unlikely to take a QB - but that doesn't mean Houston, Cleveland, Chicago. But everyone knows we want one - so this will be where offers may come in to jump us.

The rookie we get might be the 3rd or 4th off the board, and a massive overdraft. And we're getting excited for the 3rd or 4th best QB in a mediocre QB class...

Fully agree - and the other thing here is that if you draft a QB in the first (or second) round, you are missing the opportunity to get a high impact player at another position. Would you rather have: (a) TT plus a top-ten pick at a position of need that is much less likely to be a bust; or (b) a hit-or-miss "3rd or 4th best QB in a mediocre QB class"? This is a no-brainer to me.....

It's tough to evaluate this early on without any workouts etc.- but there seems to be a pretty much growing contingent of

Kizer/Trubinsky

Watson/Mahomes/kaaya

and everyone else

Now there's no way were out at 10 - Likely only 2 go by pick 10 I'd say. Maybe Bears, and probably Jets. Concern of Cleveland jumping ahead of 10 and maybe taking Mahomes. But there are like 5 teams ahead of us who have worse QBs than we do. I figure if we walk from Tyrod, one of them probably has Tyrod and will go BPA.

But you're in a pickle either way The guy you want may be gone, and you're going to be on the clock in like 10-15 minutes. You have to decide who you want if you stay pat, and who you target to trade down if that's the goal.

It becomes a game of chicken too. Any of the teams with older qb's like New orleans or SD may move in there to snag one. And then there's Houston who's a QB away from being a pretty good team. So you may not want to trade down very far since they may consider moving up a couple picks to snag a watson or something.

I just don't want to walk out of the draft with who we had like 4th or 5th best on our board - and have that guy walk in with the starting job.

True. Once workouts start inmay become more comfortable with Mahomes at 10. I dont want a situation that has happened often with Bills passing on a QB they like because it might be a bit higher than were the see him.

Ala Ben.