What was Antonio Brown thinking

BeastMode54

Does anyone really think the Pats*** will be "motivated" by this? Much ado about nothing; they already know the rest of the league hates them.

Yeah I think it could help motivate them. Sure they know they are hated - and therefore derive special pleasure in rubbing their opponents nose in it. I think it was especially stupid because the Steelers have half a chance at least of beating NE. To me the difference in the Houston game was the quality of the players under centre and really not much else. You can like BR the person or leave him but he too is prolly a HOF guy. Big, big difference.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think it could help motivate them. Sure they know they are hated - and therefore derive special pleasure in rubbing their opponents nose in it. I think it was especially stupid because the Steelers have half a chance at least of beating NE. To me the difference in the Houston game was the quality of the players under centre and really not much else. You can like BR the person or leave him but he too is prolly a HOF guy. Big, big difference.

I agree, I just don't see Brady having another Bad game for two reasons. One, the Steelers S front is not half as scary as the Texans D front and their secondary is young. The second reason is it is beyond rare for Brady have 2 bad games in a row.

Also a big difference this year is Big Ben has had more than one game where he has been bad, the reason they win isn't him but rather Bell. IMO you stop Bell you stop the Steelers.

And let's see the QBs that the tough Steeler D faced against the same QBS:

Ravens: 24 (average) pats: 23

Bengals: 18 (average) Pats: 17

Dolphins: 21 (average) Pats: 19 (average)

Bills: 20 pats: 20.5 (average)

The one top tier QB they faced in DAX they gave up 35 points. The worst game for NE D was 31.

I took out the Jets because they really stopped trying when the Pats played them last and IMO skew the numbers. I also took out Cleveland because the Steelers were resting players and also would skew the numbers.

So NE against common opponents their D has out performed Pitt D. So with the Os being roughly equal in potency I give the D edge to NE.

True, both unproven in my opinion. I think Bell will create matchup advantages vs their LBs. Specifically Von Noy/McClellin.

Edited by boco357

True, both unproven in my opinion. I think Bell will create matchup advantages vs their LBs. Specifically Von Noy/McClellin.

Same is true for Lewis on Pitt LBers. (Read I think on bleacher report where McCoy actually said Lewis was the most talented RB he ever saw maybe even more talented than him. Was said during training camp w the eagles. )

Both these Os are scary good and should be a fun game I just see Big Ben throwing a couple of picks as he has not been as careful this year with the football. (He killed me in fantasy this year.)

The biggest mismatch for the Steelers is their oline against the Pats D, they need to own that LOS all damn day long.

be interesting to see for sure. The Pats Run D has been very good this year. I thought the biggest miss match were the young Pitt corners on Edelman and Amondola and Hogan.

Same is true for Lewis on Pitt LBers. (Read I think on bleacher report where McCoy actually said Lewis was the most talented RB he ever saw maybe even more talented than him. Was said during training camp w the eagles. )

Both these Os are scary good and should be a fun game I just see Big Ben throwing a couple of picks as he has not been as careful this year with the football. (He killed me in fantasy this year.)

be interesting to see for sure. The Pats Run D has been very good this year. I thought the biggest miss match were the young Pitt corners on Edelman and Amondola and Hogan.

I was saying a mismatch they will need to exploit if they are going to have a chance. The pats WR's against the Pitts DB's is the biggest mismatch for patsies.

I was saying a mismatch they will need to exploit if they are going to have a chance. The pats WR's against the Pitts DB's is the biggest mismatch for patsies.

Bell is a mismatch advantage for the Steelers vs Anyone. Man is IMO the best RB in the NFL.

I expect stopping Bell will be Priority one.

Made a deal to cheer for the Pats if they make the super bowl at the family Super Bowl party. 90% of the family is hardcore Pats fans and after losing our grandmother this past week I thought it would be nice to see my grandfather win one more before he goes. He is close, and the Pats winning would ease some heavy hearts. It will be the first time I have ever done it, probably just make a big bet on the Patsies and let the alcohol flow.

Steelers could save me, If not I'm going to get some cheapo Pats T-shirts for my brother and I to rock and we can write Whaley sucks on the back of them!

Made a deal to cheer for the Pats if they make the super bowl at the family Super Bowl party. 90% of the family is hardcore Pats fans and after losing our grandmother this past week I thought it would be nice to see my grandfather win one more before he goes. He is close, and the Pats winning would ease some heavy hearts. It will be the first time I have ever done it, probably just make a big bet on the Patsies and let the alcohol flow.

Steelers could save me, If not I'm going to get some cheapo Pats T-shirts for my brother and I to rock and we can write Whaley sucks on the back of them!

sorry to hear about your grandma, but sit back and just enjoy the game . Both games this weekend should be an offensive clinic going on. (Now that i said that watch it be 2 defensive show downs lol)

I see Atlanta v GB being whoever has the ball last wins type game.

While the Pats V Steelers game I expect the Ds to play better than expected and stop eachother a few times, but I could see both Brady and Ben being clutch as well and winning the game on the last drive.

(And seem a lot of Bills fans hate Whaley)

Edited by PatsFanNH

Snapface. :lol:

@AdamSchefter

Bill Belichick regarding Antonio Brown on WEEI: "As you know I’m not on SnapFace and all that, so I don’t really... http://fb.me/53MZr0O1N

Entire quote:

"As you know I’m not on SnapFace and all that, so I don’t really get those. I’m really just worried about getting our team ready to go. I’m not really too worried about what they put on InstantChat, or whatever it is.”

One of the many reasons this guy is my favorite HC in the league.

Big deal. Its not like the Pats dont know they are Aholes! They wear that with pride. Now go walk the walk Steelers and punch them in the mouth!! Judging from Saturday, they are right for the picking. But you cannot do it with FGS, get in the endzone!!

Edited by Livinginthepast

Contrast the somber mood in the pats locker room after beating the Texans by only 18 vs the giddy phones-out party the Steelers were having for sending Andy Reid to his quick exit.

I doubt NE is going to do much with the HC's "!@#$s" comment.

Not from this !@#$:

Pittsburgh-coach-Mike-Tomlin-fined-21.jp