Leo Roth needs to find a new team to trash

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leo is entirely out to lunch and Sal *admits* to being the laziest journalist on the planet and doesn't even realize it. Clowns like these wouldn't last a second if they were trying to get work nowadays. They've been granted in. They're a dying breed. No shock whatsoever that guys like Dunne, Fairburn, Cover 1 Eric, ****, even Galliford do laps around these dinosaurs. Young journos today can't afford to be as apathetic as the old farts tying up the newsroom payroll. And we get better work because of it.

It'll be good riddance when the old guard gets the !@#$ out of the way.

Nice summation. +1.

Losers will be scorned.

One other thing........do not attack fans/media for wanting to win by saying they should just be glad the team is in Buffalo.......you have no right to tell people in WNY what they should be thankful for.

Actually, he has as much right to tell people to be thankful as you do to tell them to be upset with the product.

I've been away from NY for almost 30 years now, and try to get back every 5-10 years or so. One of the first things that always strikes me is how much people complain back there. It always takes me a couple days to acclimatize to it. When I do, I realize that people don't even realize they're complaining... it's just what they do, it's part of the culture.

To be honest, I usually just sit back and laugh to myself.

I've been saying basically the same thing ever since I moved from the Buffalo region over 20 years ago. People in WNY are very friendly and will literally trip over themselves to hold the door open for you, but they also moan and complain about things out of their control more than anyplace else.

FWIW changing out the media isn't going to help the team on the field.

Just isn't.

If this struggling organization had to deal with NYC media some of your heads would explode.

100% correct. Jets fans don't crowd around their laptops blaming the press for their sadness. They accept the attitude of the local media--in fact they agree with it, and are entertained by it.

The D and C and the BN are so incredibly tame compared to the NYC press--yet guys here are totally losing their sheit when the local press push the GM and the owner (after another flawed season and another HC change) for more than "Inwasn't privy to that" and "it's none of your business".

It's crazy the misplaced anger here.

FWIW changing out the media isn't going to help the team on the field.

Just isn't.

If this struggling organization had to deal with NYC media some of your heads would explode.

This.

They should've dumped Whaley as well. Keeping him is wildly questionable and makes it pretty reasonable to be filled with doubt at this regime.

100% correct. Jets fans don't crowd around their laptops blaming the press for their sadness. They accept the attitude of the local media--in fact they agree with it, and are entertained by it.

The D and C and the BN are so incredibly tame compared to the NYC press--yet guys here are totally losing their sheit when the local press push the GM and the owner (after another flawed season and another HC change) for more than "Inwasn't privy to that" and "it's none of your business".

It's crazy the misplaced anger here.

Jet fans B word even when they are good. We used to go to Bills Jets games in the Meadowlands because it was the only stadium in the league where you could go and badmouth the home team and everyone agreed with you and thought you were one of them.

Rex also said there wasn't any more pressure from the NY media than there was in Buffalo. It was virtually the same.

Full disclosure, Leo Roth is a friend. After seeing this thread, I read his article carefully. I'll have to disagree with most posters. When the Bills hired Rex, I went all-in, only to realize about halfway through the first season that he was a joke of a coach. I backed off this season after he won 4 straight, only to have his second season crash and burn. How can any Bills fan have hope that in McDermott, they may have finally struck gold? Until the Bills have real success, I'm with Leo, and taking the cautious approach. We are Death Valley, where coach's and QB's careers go to die. You can argue that all you want, but you'd be wrong.

Jet fans B word even when they are good. We used to go to Bills Jets games in the Meadowlands because it was the only stadium in the league where you could go and badmouth the home team and everyone agreed with you and thought you were one of them.

Rex also said there wasn't any more pressure from the NY media than there was in Buffalo. It was virtually the same.

He can say what he wants, the evidence is overwhelming that he was lying when he said that. The way the press treated him (this is the "pressure" we are talking about by the way) in NY was orders of magnitude more harsh than it was here. You don't understand because, as I said upstream, you and others don't know what it's like in cities like NYC for pro teams re: the local press.

Not sure what you are getting at by saying you would goto the Meadowlands because you could B word about the Jets....but you are otherwise making my point. The fans do not have this type of weird visceral aversion to the news media criticizing their team that is on display here on this board regarding the writings of a couple of sorties like Leo and Sal.

He can say what he wants, the evidence is overwhelming that he was lying when he said that. The way the press treated him (this is the "pressure" we are talking about by the way) in NY was orders of magnitude more harsh than it was here. You don't understand because, as I said upstream, you and others don't know what it's like in cities like NYC for pro teams re: the local press.

I have lived in Los Angeles over 20 years, moron.

So you are an expert at how the local press treats their home NFL team....

No, I have lived in a big city a long friggin' time so I know what it's like when there is a hostile local press when you just said people like me don't know what it's like to live in big cities with regard to the local press. Edited by Kelly the Dog

No, I have lived in a big city a long friggin' time so I know what it's like when there is a hostile local press when you just said people like me don't know what it's like to live in big cities with regard to the local press.

If you had any idea how the press treated Rex in NYC, you would never have posted what you did upstream. It's plainly wrong. In 20 years you have been spared the spectacle of the local press having their way with a crappy NFL team. But you will soon learn what I am talking about.

You guys are like an old man who watches the same show every night and screams at the TV that "this show stinks!!", yet keeps watching. Who cares what these guys say/write about the team?? It has no impact on the team or its performance. It's entertainment, just like football.

If you need others to form your opinions for you about the Bills, stick with Chris Brown, he'll never make you mad.

If Pegula can't handle the likes of Tim Graham and Leo Roth, then he shouldn't leaven his house.

If you had any idea how the press treated Rex in NYC, you would never have posted what you did upstream. It's plainly wrong. In 20 years you have been spared the spectacle of the local press having their way with a crappy NFL team. But you will soon learn what I am talking about.

You guys are like an old man who watches the same show every night and screams at the TV that "this show stinks!!", yet keeps watching. Who cares what these guys say/write about the team?? It has no impact on the team or its performance. It's entertainment, just like football.

If you need others to form your opinions for you about the Bills, stick with Chris Brown, he'll never make you mad.

If Pegula can't handle the likes of Tim Graham and Leo Roth, then he shouldn't leaven his house.

Yeah, I have no idea how the press works. My brother is one of the biggest media critics in NYC. I work in the entertainment business, but only for 30 years. I need other people to form my opinions. Fukk off.

I had to ask FireChan this, but this please just refrain from responding to me for like, three years. You're a really smart guy and you ruin this board. It will be better if you don't respond to any of my posts. I won't respond to your utter nonsense. Win win.

Full disclosure, Leo Roth is a friend. After seeing this thread, I read his article carefully. I'll have to disagree with most posters. When the Bills hired Rex, I went all-in, only to realize about halfway through the first season that he was a joke of a coach. I backed off this season after he won 4 straight, only to have his second season crash and burn. How can any Bills fan have hope that in McDermott, they may have finally struck gold? Until the Bills have real success, I'm with Leo, and taking the cautious approach. We are Death Valley, where coach's and QB's careers go to die. You can argue that all you want, but you'd be wrong.

Tell Leo I'm concerned about him losing any enjoyment. The Bills can drain the sap out of most normal people. Having been a fan since the mid 60's, I've had my heart ripped out and stomped on at least a hundred times, yet I still come back for more. Look at this. I'm posting this on a Sunday night from 800 miles away. I love the Bills. And I hate them too. It's a disease.

rather zen, it's own way.

i notice the media.

NYC sports has fun with bashing. Like it is expected. They are pretty funny at it sometimes too. Buffalo , not as much

Well, I thought Leo Roth's job was "reporter", not "trash the next coach because previously the organization hasn't had success". If Roth isn't reporting on the new coach and his staff's credentials (or doing some reasonable analysis instead of just whining "they haven't been good - everything they do sucks"), then Leo should not be getting paid.

rather zen, it's own way.

i notice the media.

NYC sports has fun with bashing. Like it is expected. They are pretty funny at it sometimes too. Buffalo , not as much

It's the media's reason for existence.

The NYC press does take pleasure in to for sure. And the fans there understand that often the press is an extension of the fan who can't ask the questions directly.

On here, people are completely decompensating over some pointed questions (and not the unsatisfactory answers) by the press----and , as we just saw above, even a discussion about the press asking pointed questions!

It's the kind of the naivete that the ownership of the Bills has always relied on for success at the cash register.

Best way to stop the media moaning is win. Controversy sells papers and generates clicks. That has always been true.

The Pegulas made a darn silly decision two years ago to appoint a proven bad Head Coach. They lost the right to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to coaching choices.