Bills stuck with mediocre coordinators once again

Yeezus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are unhappy with Frazier?

Really? I think he's a great hire for DC. He isn't going to be a proxy either, a Dennis Thurman for McCoy's Rex. Frazier's a guy you hire and leave alone to do his thing.

At last a head coach who's an HC rather than an HC/DC or HC/OC.

Lynn had the #1 run offense in the NFL.

Yea, #1. Let that sink in.

With Roman's already very very proficient run offense already in place. Not that I don't like Lynn, but he doesn't get anywhere near all the credit for that.

Edited by Thurman#1

I like the mcdermott hire. lets see what happens on the field. Keeping tyrod is a must.

7-9 woohoo!

Fix the defense. That turns into 11-5

People are unhappy with Frazier

Some would be unhappy if Belichick quit NE and we hired him.

Edited by TANK2

Like clockwork. :lol:

:lol::lol:

We should wait till they name an OC before we start crucifying our new coaches.

People are unhappy with Frazier?

Really? I think he's a great hire for DC. He isn't going to be a proxy either, a Dennis Thurman for McCoy's Rex. Frazier's a guy you hire and leave alone to do his thing.

At last a head coach who's an HC rather than an HC/DC or HC/OC.

I hope this is the case. What gives you so much confidence in our new DC? I dont know anything bout em. School the McFly

Every one is happy with this hire, but I'm with you. The OC job is important and right now they don't have one and no credible candidates. MCD will make it two years before he is fired and hopefully Whaley goes with him. But in the mean time Pegula has to start thinking about how to sell tickets to games. The last two years we had all the Rexy talk which put butts in seats. I don't think Pegula makes much money this coming season with this hire. But maybe if they hold on to MCD past two years the Bills can make the playoffs in 3-5 years.

NFL teams make their big money off of the TV contracts, not tickets.

What I believe is there are not many of us fans with enough information to make judgements on coordinator hires. Frankly most fans go with name recognition. Also, without good players you aren't going to look too great and with great players your going to look a lot better. Do we think Marv would be in the Hall of Fame without the players he had? I remember him coming over to the Bills and it wasn't with a lot of fans excitement.

Edited by Radar

Every one is happy with this hire, but I'm with you. The OC job is important and right now they don't have one and no credible candidates. MCD will make it two years before he is fired and hopefully Whaley goes with him. But in the mean time Pegula has to start thinking about how to sell tickets to games. The last two years we had all the Rexy talk which put butts in seats. I don't think Pegula makes much money this coming season with this hire. But maybe if they hold on to MCD past two years the Bills can make the playoffs in 3-5 years.

Do you know how much the TV Networks pay the NFL? Pegula will make plenty of money this year...as will every NFL owner

Sorry LittleJoe...didn't see your post

Edited by nucci

Most coaches are either from a defensive or offensive background - you generally don't get both in coach. How about you give them a chance before jumping off the peace bridge, or at the very least, wait til he fills out his staff.

Oh, no, don't stop him if he insists on the jump.

We had Rob Ryan last year. I mean, can our defense really get any worse under Frazier???

Frazier's defenses when he was head coach finished 31st and 32nd in points allowed in 2 out of his 3 years on the job.

Rex's defenses here finished 16th and 15th overall in points allowed and people were going crazy.

Frazier's defenses when he was head coach finished 31st and 32nd in points allowed in 2 out of his 3 years on the job.

Rex's defenses here finished 16th and 15th overall in points allowed and people were going crazy.

Fortunately, he's not the head coach. He's the DC who one surmises will run the system the head coach wants.

You routinely cherrypick to come up with the most negative interpretation possible.

Fortunately, he's not the head coach. He's the DC who one surmises will run the system the head coach wants.

You routinely cherrypick to come up with the most negative interpretation possible.

When he was the head coach here is what Viking fans wrote about Frazier's D.

Not only are we bad compared to other teams this season, but according to Pro Football Reference, if the trend continues of allowing an average of 32 points per game by season's end we would have the WORST defense in the history of the NFL since the 1970 merger in allowing points. In other words, we can't seem to stop anyone from scoring points, or getting off the field on defense.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/11/20/5128550/finding-a-good-fit-for-the-tampa-2-defense

Yeezus, you may have not noticed we haven't hired and offensive coordinator yet, and most likely because we're looking for one of the hot talented guys who are in the playoffs. Leslie Frazier is a good defensive coordinator, just not a head coach like Wade, coach 0-16 Marinelli who has gotten the most out of Dallas.

Frazier in two different teams was a top coordinator, and Mc Dermitt has been a stud for over. 8 years on two teams.

Juan Castillo is an excellent offensive line coach so I do not understand you're thread. Agree to disaree and this team has nothing to do with years f 17-14 years ago. Forget it. Just like this Dallas team has nothing to do with the one who won the SB three times in the 90's.

When he was the head coach here is what Viking fans wrote about Frazier's D.

Not only are we bad compared to other teams this season, but according to Pro Football Reference, if the trend continues of allowing an average of 32 points per game by season's end we would have the WORST defense in the history of the NFL since the 1970 merger in allowing points. In other words, we can't seem to stop anyone from scoring points, or getting off the field on defense.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/11/20/5128550/finding-a-good-fit-for-the-tampa-2-defense

So, are you predicting the Bills' defense is going to threaten to be historically bad because Frazier is the D-Coordinator?

Is McDermott stupid? Does he not know that these kind of stats mean that Frazier is a doom to any D?

I think the D underperformed under Ryan and I suspect they will be considerably better next year.

We'll see who has a more accurate hunch.

Edited by Dr. Who

Do you know how much the TV Networks pay the NFL? Pegula will make plenty of money this year...as will every NFL owner

Sorry LittleJoe...didn't see your post

actually they probably won't make much, maybe $30-40 mil and thats because of profit sharing which is why Jurrah gets so mad since he's sitting in debt because of his stadium.

It's big and opulent and packed every week and Dallas is also the biggest road draw as well at +65%. Because of Ralph and Lamar Hunt, high grossing teams like Dallas, NYG, Patriots all filter their profits down to the Chargers, Bills, Chiefs and Browns among others.

Who, just looked it up, the Packers received $226.4 mil because of profit sharing a couple years ago...

Edited by BaaadThingsMan

So, are you predicting the Bills' defense is going to threaten to be historically bad because Frazier is the D-Coordinator?

Is McDermott stupid? Does he not know that these kind of stats mean that Frazier is a doom to any D?

I think the D underperformed under Ryan and I suspect they will be considerably better next year.

We'll see who has a more accurate hunch.

He is friends with Frazier which scares me. I really hope McD calls the plays and helps direct the defense. If he delegates too much or lets Frazier call the plays I will be very frustrated. Frazier's D peaked years ago and now NFL teams carve up Tampa 2 Defenses. Brady would laugh if we do a simple Tampa 2 on him.

Aaron Rodgers was calling out Frazier's playcalls to his team they were so obvious.