Any chance at Eric Berry?

BeastMode54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

KC is in terrible cap shape, I don't know if they will be able to afford him...if they do they will be letting others walk (maclin for starters).

With our new D, we will need to spend on great safeties, Gilmore is expendable with the zone schemes

Not really true. The Cover 3 what they ran in Carolina doesnt require great safeties.

Again no way we can afford anyone in the say top 20.

It would be awesome to get a Safety of Eric Berry's quality. However, to pry away from KC, you'd be mortgaging the future and giving up too much. Rarely do big FA signings actually turn out better for the team paying thru the nose (see Williams, Mario). The best way is thru the draft. Get some quality players that are hungry, let them prove themselves and not pay a ton. This is how the Patriots do it and other successful, perennial playoff teams. Drafting 29th, 30th, 32nd hasn't stopped them from continue to succeed in finding players.

Take all the players that are in the top 15 rankings of UFA and forget em.

1 they will be tagged

2 we cant afford them if they werent.

Truth - even if we release tyrod to make space we have so many holes on defense (plus the obvious QB hole at that point). Graham and KW represent our only good cap casualties, and we might get a little space if AW retires. Projected cap is like 30 mil in space. Tyrod would make a little over 40. cutting williams and graham in addition to tyrod makes it close to 50. Tagging gilmore would cost like 14.

But then you need 4 safeties, a couple linebackers, some d-line guys that fit, a QB, a whole crew of WRs, a RT upgrade. And you have what... 6 or 7 picks?

He was tagged last year...tagging again will be very expensive

And will piss him off...

Edited by dneveu

I think Berry would get franchised if worst came to worst. I think it's only $10.6m for safeties

Sorry those were last years numbers but it probably wouldn't be anymore than $12.1 million

He was tagged last year...tagging again will be very expensive

oh ok I didn't know that haha sorry

I wouldnt mind seeing wr Kenny Britt and ilb A.J. Klein...as far as cb, Im not sure who to bring in to replace Gilmore if he leaves....also re-sighn Gillislee, Felton, Hunter, Tate, Mills, Groy (rfa), Alexander, Schmidt and whoever else if Buf FA they think they need

I wouldnt mind seeing wr Kenny Britt and ilb A.J. Klein...as far as cb, Im not sure who to bring in to replace Gilmore if he leaves....also re-sighn Gillislee, Felton, Hunter, Tate, Mills, Groy (rfa), Alexander, Schmidt and whoever else if Buf FA they think they need

There you go

Britt and Klein. Those are the level UFAs to look at guys when your team is cap tight.