Any chance at Eric Berry?

BeastMode54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore is gone and there will definitely be a need to get some safeties to fit the scheme. CB is not as important and they probably have their guy already with Seymour. Would be nice to get a good veteran safety but I doubt they will go after someone like Berry who will get top money

Not really true. The Cover 3 what they ran in Carolina doesnt require great safeties.

Again no way we can afford anyone in the say top 20.

yes McDermott will certainly adapt to what we have on the roster, which is the beauty with him....however, the true Jim Johnson defense, that he has ran in the past in Carolina and obviously philly, relies on solid safety play, especially helping in the run game.

I dont know why you dont think we cant afford any FA in the top 20 though, that is ridiculous we are/will be flush with cash (even if we pick up TT option)

yes McDermott will certainly adapt to what we have on the roster, which is the beauty with him....however, the true Jim Johnson defense, that he has ran in the past in Carolina and obviously philly, relies on solid safety play, especially helping in the run game.

I dont know why you dont think we cant afford any FA in the top 20 though, that is ridiculous we are/will be flush with cash (even if we pick up TT option)

Because we have 30M roughly in space and only 32 on contract.

Also teams are sitting with very very high cap space and need tk get to the 3 year floor

So ANYONE in top 20 we have no shot so no reason to waste time thinking. They will be tagged or paid elswhere.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd tier players and do your work on them so when Bills sign them people are not like WHO?

No. KC will not let him get away. And no on any other big name FA's. It's not happening this year. Some mid-tier defensive help maybe, but no big splashes are coming.

KC has a lot of Cap figuring out they have to do.

Dontari Poe and Eric Berry are both UFA. They both will get 10+MM AAV.

The Chiefs only have 4MM in cap space.

Because we have 30M roughly in space and only 32 on contract.

Also teams are sitting with very very high cap space and need tk get to the 3 year floor

So ANYONE in top 20 we have no shot so no reason to waste time thinking. They will be tagged or paid elswhere.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd tier players and do your work on them so when Bills sign them people are not like WHO?

30 mill is a lot of money man, we need to sign a bunch of guys, many of which will be on very cheap contracts (thats the nature of filling out a roster)...

this is similar to the charles clay contract year...."theres no way we can afford someone like him" - BAM, we not only can afford him but we over pay for him too...if we want a player, ANY player in FA, we can afford to sign them

30 mill is a lot of money man, we need to sign a bunch of guys, many of which will be on very cheap contracts (thats the nature of filling out a roster)...

this is similar to the charles clay contract year...."theres no way we can afford someone like him" - BAM, we not only can afford him but we over pay for him too...if we want a player, ANY player in FA, we can afford to sign them

No its nothing like Clay Bills had a ton of space thag year.

Sorry we cant we are cap tight. Your just setting yourself up for a poor offseason if you think we can sign whoever we want.

No its nothing like Clay Bills had a ton of space thag year.

Sorry we cant we are cap tight. Your just setting yourself up for a poor offseason if you think we can sign whoever we want.

Buffalo Restructures KW to lessen his 7MM cap hit.

Taylor gets cut or restructured.

I just opened up another $10MM+ in cap space with just those two moves.

lol - you need a basic finance class son

No you need to learn the NfL cap Son

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2017/

31M in space

5M for rookies 26M

5M for theee RFA Tenders you NEED to do Groy, Schmidt, Gillislee 21M

Now look at that above list and tell me how 21M in space can compete with the others on that list. That need to get to floor and spend big

That is called cap tight and the top 20 UFAs are out of play

Buffalo Restructures KW to lessen his 7MM cap hit.

Taylor gets cut or restructured.

I just opened up another $10MM+ in cap space with just those two moves.

Now you can sign one Big name maybe. Look at the list i posted.

Teams have OVER 60M in space. Good luck out bidding for Eric Berry

No you need to learn the NfL cap Son

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2017/

31M in space

5M for rookies 26M

5M for theee RFA Tenders you NEED to do Groy, Schmidt, Gillislee 21M

Now look at that above list and tell me how 21M in space can compete with the others on that list. That need to get to floor and spend big

That is called cap tight and the top 20 UFAs are out of play

Now you can sign one Big name maybe. Look at the list i posted.

Teams have OVER 60M in space. Good luck out bidding for Eric Berry

yea we can revisit this convo after free agency

renegotiate kyle to 4 mil cap hit next year, redo graham to a 2.8 mil deal, release easley, carp, and awill.

gilmore tagged, brown at 5 mil per, cyprien at 7.75 mil leaves us with just under 14 mil in cap space. now that is 42 players under contact. probably means no brown. groy, schimit gilly, 14 mil in space with 44 guys signed. 5 mil in draft picks and were at 49 guys signed with 9 mil left in space. tight.

Edited by aristocrat

renegotiate kyle to 4 mil cap hit next year, redo graham to a 2.8 mil deal, release easley, carp, and awill.

gilmore tagged, brown at 5 mil per, cyprien at 7.75 mil leaves us with just under 14 mil in cap space. now that is 42 players under contact. probably means no brown. groy, schimit gilly, 14 mil in space with 44 guys signed. 5 mil in draft picks and were at 49 guys signed with 9 mil left in space. tight.

Thanks that kind of shows what i am saying. People need to start thinking second Teir UFAs.

Granted the 5M for rookies can be spent because of the top 51 rule. But still cap tight and eventually once those rookies are signed Rounds 1-4 will count against the top 51.

Thanks that kind of shows what i am saying. People need to start thinking second Teir UFAs.

Granted the 5M for rookies can be spent because of the top 51 rule. But still cap tight and eventually once those rookies are signed Rounds 1-4 will count against the top 51.

now a tough cut would be kyle but it just might have to be done. but dead cap of 1.5 vs if you can get him for 4 mil...essentially he's a 2.5 mil player. that could be good value. now if we extend gilmore longterm maybe we lower that 15 mil tag hit a few mil to open up space this year but that sends more money to the future.

With the Frazier D, and possibly Tampa 2, they might not see corners as nearly as important as Rex did obviously. If Gilmore is gone and Aaron Williams retires we would definitely have the cash

Gilmore isn't being counted against next years cap number...he is a UFA

Cyprien is the type of FA im talking about us going after, and paying him 8 mill isnt that far off from Berry getting 10 mill

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised that we dont tag gilmore, so throw all that money back into the pool, and suddenly, miraculously that "14 mill" we have left turns into 20 plus mill...still plenty of room to sign any FA we wish.

Will we sign Alshon Jeffrey or Eric Berry? Probably not, but its not because we dont have the room, its because it doesnt make economic sense for those players....guys like Cyprien (perfect fit for McD's D) or Desean Jackson, or Pierre Garcon or Tony Jefferson, guys that are no way "second tier FA" - except maybe by MAJ definition, and maybe thats where we differ? - are all reasonable to expect us to offer/go after

Top 20 FA??? There arent 20 FA in this market that will demand any type of top dollar...maybe 5-8 guys-ish will get over paid, and ill be glad the bills dont throw their hats in that ring

Bottom line: we will improve our roster and money will not be an issue to do so

Gilmore isn't being counted against next years cap number...he is a UFA

I believe he means thats money (10 mill plus) we wont have to tie up to one player so its money that we can use for other players...I could be wrong though

we could also let gilmore go and sign a decent db for less money. perhaps a lower tier guy at 7 mil per? then we have space to sign a decent number 2 wr.

I think it will be more like let Gilmore go, and use that money to bring in two CBs AND a good number 2 WR....McDermott has had great success with sub par talent at CB in his schemes