Kyle Posey: Debunking the Tyrod Taylor Myth

YoloinOhio

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making a change on my view on the TT issue. After listening to the radio of an Irish analyst with a heavy accent who was in the process of evaluating the qbs in the league he started with his analysis of TT. He felt that this organization would be utterly foolish to allow him to leave. His reasoning is that the flaws in the personnel on offense are not adequately factored when judging his performance. He pointed out that our line's pass blocking is below par and the receiver corps is mediocre. He added that although he has a tendency to periodically bounce passes that overall he is a fairly accurate passer.

His recommendation is to add some better receivers to his arsenal and improve the pass blocking so that he would be in a better position to succeed. In fact this particular analyst felt that TT is better than Cousins. I don't agree with that assessment but TT does avoid the rush better and he is more of a threat to run thus opening up the field.

In my prior near sighted assessment of TT I searched too deeply for his flaws without being fair in accounting for the limitations of the roster he has to contend with. Now I am going to be more vigorous in advocating in getting him another talented receiver to go along with Watkins and Clay. In other words put him in a better position to succeed.

We now have a new HC and a fresh start. With a few smart and caculated additions this team should be in a better position to succeed. The fans deserve it. Let's go for it.

This is what Badol has been preaching.

We're not really cash strapped after picking up the option. Based on the info I have.. we would still have ~21mil in cap space if we pick up TT's option and don't cut anyone else.

And if we need to free up cash I would do the following ( cut Eric Wood - Groy did a very good job filling in / Cut Kyle Williams - love him but is on the wrong side of 30 - Let Gilmore walk - can find a decent zone safety in FA for half the price to take his place).

Drafting a QB .. even in the 1st round won't be that expensive . Paxton Lynch is averaging ~$2mil/ season.. Goff is averaging ~$6 mil/ season... So if we draft one #10 the salary will be somewhere in between there. Cutting Eric Wood would pay for that

And what 35 under contract. Yeah that is cap tight

I can't say for sure as i don't have the time to watch All-22s on wentz and goff. But i did watch a few eagles games this year... and in those games Wentz misses throws. He's late, he overthrows, he underthrows. He has good pocket awareness but the ball getting out on time is not one of his strengths. He had 12 games with a YPA under 7. 8 with a YPA under 6. He misses easy ones - a lot.

Higher INT%, lower YPA, less sacks, more sack yards.

Watch week 1 and tell me Tyrod was the only reason we lost... Our line, and mccoy specifically gave up a ton of pressures. Oh and we were still late getting plays in and getting to the line. This causes problems when trying to predict coverage at the line.

Also - i don't recall seeing much of those concepts in those games but i may be mistaken. Roman never had those concepts in his offense. He has 900 formations, no audibles, and takes forever to get a play in.

Are you saying you'd rather have Taylor than Wentz as your QB?

Agree. Even the McDermott threads are Tyrod threads.

Sure, that's because there is absolutely nothing more important to discuss.

Why talk about McDermott? The decision has already been made.

Edited by AdamK

Or Dak Prescott, Wentz, Mariota, Winston

Let's stay 7-9 forever with a Ravens backup! That's a better plan.

CoT out of control. Like Tyrod vs Oak and Pitt.

What exactly have Dak, Wentz, Mariota and Winston done? Oh, I forgot Dak is Brett Favre after 1 regular season. (Watch him choke on Sunday.....but he's already better than TT because he makes all the throws.)

Let's keep rolling the dice on drafting QB's....instead of trying to develop a QB on our roster that can win games. Great plan - we've proven over the last 17 years how EASY it is to draft a QB when you need one.

Oak and Pit - Defense was really incredible in both of those games.

Edited by AdamK

This is what Badol has been preaching.

You shouldn't give him too much public credit. He already has an inflated view of himself. Some would call it Trumpian. He, Kelly the Hound and plenty others have been making similar points.

Most often when you have deficiencies the repercussions reverberate throughout the unit. What good coaches and GMs do is assess the strengths and weaknesses of their roster and then work to accentuate the strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Good coaches adjust their schemes and strategies to the players they have to work with.

Let's move forward with TT instead of moving back to then move forward to get back to where you started. By getting him some help his strengths will be magnified and his liabilities will be limited.

Are you saying you'd rather have Taylor than Wentz as your QB?

I'm saying that if we cut Tyrod and get a rookie - that rookie will probably perform worse than tyrod. As Wentz and Goff both did last year, and many more before them.

What exactly have Dak, Wentz, Mariota and Winston done? Oh, I forgot Dak is Brett Favre after 1 regular season. (Watch him choke on Sunday.....but he's already better than TT because he makes all the throws.)

Let's keep rolling the dice on drafting QB's....instead of trying to develop a QB on our roster that can win games. Great plan - we've proven over the last 17 years how EASY it is to draft a QB when you need one.

Oak and Pit - Defense was really incredible in both of those games.

Dak's had some very good games, but you have to know he's an anomoly. He also had a little stretch of tyrod games where he held the ball and did rookie things. That's going to happen with every rookie. They haven't seen every defense, and they're going to get confused from time to time.

Edited by dneveu

I'm saying that if we cut Tyrod and get a rookie - that rookie will probably perform worse than tyrod. As Wentz and Goff both did last year, and many more before them.

Dak's had some very good games, but you have to know he's an anomoly. He also had a little stretch of tyrod games where he held the ball and did rookie things. That's going to happen with every rookie. They haven't seen every defense, and they're going to get confused from time to time.

I just think it's interesting how you used YPA as a negative with Wentz when the argument for Taylor is that he's working in a limited offense.

If you put Dak on the Bills and Tyrod on the Cowboys, the results would have likely been very close to the same they were. Dak rarely ever threw the ball downfield for the first 10 games. He had 10x the protection. He would have got killed on the Bills.

You shouldn't give him too much public credit. He already has an inflated view of himself. Some would call it Trumpian. He, Kelly the Hound and plenty others have been making similar points.

Most often when you have deficiencies the repercussions reverberate throughout the unit. What good coaches and GMs do is assess the strengths and weaknesses of their roster and then work to accentuate the strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Good coaches adjust their schemes and strategies to the players they have to work with.

Let's move forward with TT instead of moving back to then move forward to get back to where you started. By getting him some help his strengths will be magnified and his liabilities will be limited.

This sounds both reasonable and familiar. Cheers!

If you put Dak on the Bills and Tyrod on the Cowboys, the results would have likely been very close to the same they were. Dak rarely ever threw the ball downfield for the first 10 games. He had 10x the protection. He would have got killed on the Bills.

Total nonsense imo and emotion based. Dak makes nice easy throws to Beasley and Witten on 3rd down with ease.

Tyrod doesn't.

Brandon Tate's alone in the end zone disagreeing.

And maybe if he wasn't under siege so much he could get a better view of what's down the field.

I don't disagree with you that his ability to go through progressions and his pocket presence is not at an elite level. But having some weaknesses doesn't mean that he doesn't have strengths. If you strengthen what is around him it will also elevate his game. For example, Goodwin is a terrific track man but as a receiver he is atrocious. Add another quality receiver and the receiving corps will be respectable.

Edited by JohnC

So much easier to pass the ball when you are behind the best pass protecting offensive line in the NFL. Most quarterbacks in the NFL would look very good playing behind that Dallas offensive line. Throw Dak on an average team with an average offensive line and he doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Total nonsense imo and emotion based. Dak makes nice easy throws to Beasley and Witten on 3rd down with ease.

Tyrod doesn't.

Tyrod makes nice long throws with ease. Dak doesn't. What does that prove. Dak had all day to throw the entire season. TT was running for his life the whole season. Enormous difference.