Millennials share the worst advice from baby boomers

They were asked to give their responses. Every single generation thinks it's kids and parents are inferior to themselves.

This ^ Generational differences are more about the difference between youth and adulthood. We all get older and mature. When this happens young people seem incredibly stupid to us. It will always work this way betweeen generations. During the 60s and 70s no one would have thought the baby boomer generation would be talking trash to younger generations about responsibility,hard work,whining,and maturity. The greatest generation looked at the baby boomers as the antithesis of all those ideals. Now the baby boomers claim to be the respectable ones who don't understand the younger generations. The baby boomers created the world we live in now.

I agree with a couple of those responces;

1) The participation trophy answer was great...and it was my generation who created them!

2) old people bitching about phones and kids..my MIL is NEVER off her IPAD when she comes to visit...cause she is just keeping up with friends and that is important.And that is not a phone after all, its a tablet and its different Damnit!!!

But she is the one who lets her life and feelings be influenced by Facebook. Kids get only the greatness gets posted, MIL thinks everyone else's family is just perfect and why can't we have Norman Rockwell life?

Edited by plenzmd1

lol the whining was real in that reddit thread. Millenials think they have it tough?

bwahahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahaha

I think I may have made $1.50 an hour my first job...AT AGE 13.

How many of these kids started work at that age?

In their defence, not much time for a job anymore during the school year.

If you want to get into a good school without being a genius, you best have a sport, a passion, do your two hours a night of homework/study, and put in 3 hours each day on the weekend on school work...does not leave a lot of time for a job

don't forget the community involvement that seems to be forced upon them to pad their resume. these kids do certainly whine alot, but I wouldn't want to deal with some of the things they are dealing with today

If you want to get into a good school without being a genius, you best have a sport, a passion, do your two hours a night of homework/study, and put in 3 hours each day on the weekend on school work...does not leave a lot of time for a job

then why are they so dumb?

lol the whining was real in that reddit thread. Millenials think they have it tough?

bwahahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahaha

I think I may have made $1.50 an hour my first job...AT AGE 13.

How many of these kids started work at that age?

The price of everything has gone up Substantially, and minimum wage has not.

The price of college tuition is out of control. The average monthly payback cost to go to college for four years for those that have to take out loans is above $600 a month.

They dont have time to get a job in HS because like others have said, so many qualifications are forced on them.

If they don't go to a good school, forget about landing a good paying job out of college unless you know someone.

If you have a job during college, good luck having any sort of life.

Kids can no longer afford to get apartments because the price of a 2 Bedroom place is $900 a month +

600 a month to payback loans and rough 600 a month to move out of moms house if you split.

Also, the people that raised the "Millennials" to be lazy, the ones who constantly complain about them.

kids aint dumb...middle income suburban kids are extremely well educated, urban upper middle class to rich extremely well educated...lower income kids everywhere get a horrible education..

book smart definitely.

common sense in reality? sometimes a struggle. but i think that breaks down into 3 issues

1) parents pushing that they are all special/unique makes it so they dont have a grasp on how ordinary they likely are

2) not having the same values so sometimes "dumb" is just "different priority" that isnt understood

3) some are, of course, just dumb. like any generation.