2016 draft and 4-3 defense...

Dopey

Ok so zach brown and lorax have career years and make the all pro list........ so why on earth are the bills gonna let these guys walk!?!?! Gotta keep one at least you would think.

Typical bills to let guys who priduce, leave

Zach Brown's play fell off in the second half and Lorax is getting old. However, No one is talkling about Lorax going; I actually think we bring him back at a reasonable price and let him rotate in on D while continuin to beat a beast on teams.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This defensive personnel is still better suited for a 4-3 instead of a 3-4. With the current personnel not including FAs

LDE- Shaq Lawson

DT- Kyle Williams/Adolphus Washington

NT- Marcelo Dareus

RDE- Jerry Hughes

SLB- Reggie Ragland

MLB- Preston Brown

WLB- ?????????

CB-Darby

CB- FA/Draft/Seymour

FS- Corey Graham????

SS- ????????

The Bills need guys like Foster. Not only for his ability, but for the attitude, toughness and leadership on the field. I think Foster would punch a player in the face if he avoided making a tackle.

This team needs to have not just the head coach, but their players start holding each other accountable.

Sounds like you want to build a bully. Sorry, couldn't help it. I like it.

This defensive personnel is still better suited for a 4-3 instead of a 3-4. With the current personnel not including FAs

LDE- Shaq Lawson

DT- Kyle Williams/Adolphus Washington

NT- Marcelo Dareus

RDE- Jerry Hughes

SLB- Reggie Ragland

MLB- Preston Brown

WLB- ?????????

CB-Darby

CB- FA/Draft/Seymour

FS- Corey Graham????

SS- ????????

I have no idea what we're going to do at DB if Gilmore walks. S and CB both become high priorities. I mean, Seymour and Roberson strike me as backups right now, though I know they were high on Seymour.

Honestly idc who they draft so long as you're drafting to fill needs. BPA is a bad idea for this franchise.

If I'm the Bills, I want that #1 pick to also have a strong leader type of quality. They have drafted too many wallflower types like Dareus and Gilmore. Foster seems to check being worthy of the 10th overall pick and that leadership box.

If I'm the Bills, I want that #1 pick to also have a strong leader type of quality. They have drafted too many wallflower types like Dareus and Gilmore. Foster seems to check being worthy of the 10th overall pick and that leadership box.

One of the reasons we need to bring back Lorenzo. Also I remember Adolphus being touted as a leader, but then he goes and gets himself benched week 17. Dunno what to make of that.

Washington is a guy that would play 3T, but could give you snaps on the EDGE on early downs and in obvious run fronts.

If we go the Richard/Bradley route, we could have a base D of:

LEO - Hughes

3-Tech - Kyle

1-Tech - Marcell

4/5-Tech - Washington

Sam - Lawson

Mike - Ragland

Will - Brown (Zach or Preston)

Kick Washington off the field in nickel, drop Lawson in at LDE and add a DB.

MuthHawks-1.jpg

Edited by Blokestradamus

LEO - Hughes

3-Tech - Kyle

1-Tech - Marcell

4/5-Tech - Washington

Sam - Lawson

Mike - Ragland

MuthHawks-1.jpg

More or less what I was thinking--I'd love to keep LorAx to play snaps at Leo and Sam when needed as well

If Hooker and Adams are both gone, I think they need to strongly consider Alabama ILB Reuben Foster.

Totally agree. Foster and Ragland and Brown would be a good trio.

Ok so zach brown and lorax have career years and make the all pro list........ so why on earth are the bills gonna let these guys walk!?!?! Gotta keep one at least you would think.

Typical bills to let guys who priduce, leave

This narrative is old. They kept Richie and Cordy just last season. But no team can keep everyone. Salary cap was designed to help the competitiveness of the league. Do you pay Tyrod and Gilmore? Gilmore and Zo or Brown? Gilmore and Woods?

Who they keep depends on what they do at QB and what the new coach wants to run. But so you feel better, Zo said last week his agent and the Bills have been in discussions. I would like to see him back as well and don't think he will be overly expensive at his age.

More or less what I was thinking--I'd love to keep LorAx to play snaps at Leo and Sam when needed as well

It's a tough spot financially. We're probably not going to be inclined to pay him "starter money". Obviously love to keep him around for some veteran leadership and his ST ability alone but I'm not counting on him coming back.

Main reason I like the 4-3 Under - it means I don't have to immediately give up on my Bryson Albright dreams :D

LEO - Hughes

3-Tech - Kyle

1-Tech - Marcell

4/5-Tech - Washington

Sam - Lawson

Mike - Ragland

MuthHawks-1.jpg

Lawson anywhere but on the d line worries me. If he says he prefers 4-3, let's listen,instead of forcing something.

Totally agree. Foster and Ragland and Brown would be a good trio.

This narrative is old. They kept Richie and Cordy just last season. But no team can keep everyone. Salary cap was designed to help the competitiveness of the league. Do you pay Tyrod and Gilmore? Gilmore and Zo or Brown? Gilmore and Woods?

Who they keep depends on what they do at QB and what the new coach wants to run. But so you feel better, Zo said last week his agent and the Bills have been in discussions. I would like to see him back as well and don't think he will be overly expensive at his age.

Yeah, we kepy Cordy, Richie and TT... Of course if we decline TT's option that opens up the budget, plus we no longer have a first round salary being paid to our backup QB. That savings can be parlayed into bringing in a vet starting QB, WR, DB, or a keeping guy like Gilmore.

One of the reasons we need to bring back Lorenzo. Also I remember Adolphus being touted as a leader, but then he goes and gets himself benched week 17. Dunno what to make of that.

It's probably hard to be a leader when you're a rookie drafted in the middle rounds. I'm sure the "whatever" Bills' culture of Dareus and Gilmore probably set in by then.

Foster and Ragland would go a long way in filling the leadership void on this team.

It's probably hard to be a leader when you're a rookie drafted in the middle rounds. I'm sure the "whatever" Bills' culture of Dareus and Gilmore probably set in by then.

Foster and Ragland would go a long way in filling the leadership void on this team.

I would say Adolphus also need to get a bit stronger another offseason in a conditioning program will do him good

If we switch,how do the 1st 3 picks fit in? Can Lawson play a 4-3 de,can Ragland play ilb, and where does Washington fit in? Seems like a wasted draft if we switch and they don't work out. Having said this, we are still closer to being a good 4-3 defense than a 3-4.

If this is discussed elsewhere, sorry. I tried researching, but difficult on a phone

Far too much weight is put on 4-3 versus 3-4...

Considering nearly 60% of the game is played in Nickel, this is largely irrelevant these days.