2016 draft and 4-3 defense...

Dopey

If we switch,how do the 1st 3 picks fit in? Can Lawson play a 4-3 de,can Ragland play ilb, and where does Washington fit in? Seems like a wasted draft if we switch and they don't work out. Having said this, we are still closer to being a good 4-3 defense than a 3-4.

If this is discussed elsewhere, sorry. I tried researching, but difficult on a phone

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hooker and Adams are both gone, I think they need to strongly consider Alabama ILB Reuben Foster.

The Bills need guys like Foster. Not only for his ability, but for the attitude, toughness and leadership on the field. I think Foster would punch a player in the face if he avoided making a tackle.

This team needs to have not just the head coach, but their players start holding each other accountable.

I believe Lawson and Ragland would be ideal fits in 4-3 with Rags being MLb and LAwson at right DE or Left De, Washington wlu,d have to gain weight and convert to a tackle position. I think it would be fine

Agreed.

If Hooker and Adams are both gone, I think they need to strongly consider Alabama ILB Reuben Foster.

Would Ragland play 4-3 OLB then?

Washington played DT in college, Lawson played DE and Ragland would be just fine as a 4-3 MLB. I'm not a huge Preston brown fan but I assume he would be the WLB and I guess Hughes would be slb

Think PB would be better in that role anyhow. Don't see us bring Zach Brown back at this point.

I believe Lawson and Ragland would be ideal fits in 4-3 with Rags being MLb and LAwson at right DE or Left De, Washington wlu,d have to gain weight and convert to a tackle position. I think it would be fine

Actually Washington would not need to gain weight......as your inside DT players in a 43 need to be gap penetrators not "take on blocks" guys

Actually fits him well

Would Ragland play 4-3 OLB then?

Think PB would be better in that role anyhow. Don't see us bring Zach Brown back at this point.

Ragland is a Mike LB in a 4/3

If we switch,how do the 1st 3 picks fit in? Can Lawson play a 4-3 de,can Ragland play ilb, and where does Washington fit in? Seems like a wasted draft if we switch and they don't work out. Having said this, we are still closer to being a good 4-3 defense than a 3-4.

If this is discussed elsewhere, sorry. I tried researching, but difficult on a phone

I read a piece with Lawson saying he preferred a 4-3, had mostly played that and was much more comfortable in a 4-3. He said if it's a 3-4, he'll just keep trying to get better as a LB. Ragland seems like a MLB. Edited by Augie

Washington played DT in college, Lawson played DE and Ragland would be just fine as a 4-3 MLB. I'm not a huge Preston brown fan but I assume he would be the WLB and I guess Hughes would be slb

It is important to note that Preston's best year came in a 43 defense we actually thought we had a gamer at that time

It is the switch tot he 34 when he started having problems

Lawson is a LDE all day in a 40 front.

Rags is a Mike LB. Best approach would be to bring back Zach to play Sam and shift Preston to Will.

Washington is a guy that would play 3T, but could give you snaps on the EDGE on early downs and in obvious run fronts.

I read a piece with Lawson saying he preferred a 4-3, had mostly played that and was much more comfortable in a 4-3. He said if it's a 3-4, he'll just keep trying to get better as a LB. Ragland seems like an ILB.

Lawson strikes me as a prototypical 4-3 DE.

It is important to note that Preston's best year came in a 43 defense we actually thought we had a gamer at that time

It is the switch tot he 34 when he started having problems

That's a very good point, was it the player? Or his fit in a scheme?

Lawson strikes me as a prototypical 4-3 DE.

Me too, and I was surprised he was so honest about it. Usually they just want to "do a good job and help the team wherever coach puts me".

That's a very good point, was it the player? Or his fit in a scheme?

Me too, and I was surprised he was so honest about it. Usually they just want to "do a good job and help the team wherever coach puts me".

I mean, it's not like Rex ran a straight 3-4. His playbook involves a lot of looks... including plays with only 10 men.