Whaley can Learn From Ozzie Newsome.

#34fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens have had between 8-11 picks the past 5 Drafts...

They always seem to come up with more than 7...Whether it's through compensatory picks or whatever...

Since the 2006 Draft (11 Drafts total) the Ravens have only had less than 7 picks once, and only 7 picks twice...5 of those 11 years they have had 9 or more Draft picks...

The Bills have 6 picks this year...3 of those picks are 5th round or later...

Whaley loves to Trade Draft picks and it drives me insane...IMHO there is nothing that can stunt team building like trading away Draft picks...ESPECIALLY when you are trading those picks without a Franchise QB, and not to GET a Franchise QB... B-)

Yeah I wonder if our depth would be better if we had the 1, 4,4, and 4 picks he traded away. The most FAs of any team. Doug's just done a marvelous job. :wallbash:

Because in hindsight everyone thinks they're smart.

Hindsight doesn't make you smart.. However, It should make you smarter... If you've made some really unproductive decisions in the past, perhaps you should revisit those as a guide for the future... Whaley's pattern of questionable decision-making isn't the biggest problem... The problem is that his process doesn't seem to be improving...

The past few years have seen the Ravens in a downward cycle... Maybe Ozzie's lost it? -I've been tracking their FO moves as much as ours... If they can turn things around, we should be able to also.

Edited by #34fan

Hindsight doesn't make you smart.. However, It should make you smarter... If you've made some really unproductive decisions in the past, perhaps you should revisit those as a guide for the future... Whaley's pattern of questionable decision-making isn't the biggest problem... The problem is that his process doesn't seem to be improving...

The past few years have seen the Ravens in a downward cycle... Maybe Ozzie's lost it? -I've been tracking their FO moves as much as ours... If they can turn things around, we should be able to also.

Fair point. It's not like Whaley has been the GM for 10 years. I along with ownership believe he evaluates talent well and we're giving him a chance to get better and better. There's no magic way of getting a QB - otherwise I think he's drafted decent - been excellent at picking up FA's, IMO.

Boller started in 42 games for Baltimore over 5 seasons. EJ has started 17 games in 4 seasons. Who propped whom up?

It was SARCASM there smart guy ;)

I thought that smelled a little like sarcasm. Thanks for clearing that up

Yes, he does. Make Ravens' AGM Eric DeCosta a highly autonomous GM. Time for a promotion, Eric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_DeCosta

Don't know anything about DeCosta or how the Raven operate but if I was running the show I'd take a look. Something the Bills will not do here since Whaley seems safe for at least another season. The Ravens are one of several teams that always seem to hit on a majority of their draft picks. And they're not always drafting near the top of the round. Others like the Steelers, Packers, Seahawks identify and draft players that become contributors and starters. Of course it helps these teams are set at the QB position too.

The Bills on the other hand cannot recognize a 'good' QB and got more or less nothing out of this years draft class. If you go back a few years and review their selections maybe you count a handful of guys they hit on. It;s pretty depressing how bad they've been at the draft for so long. Stating the obvious but being able to identify a QB and lousy drafting are the biggest problems with the Bills.

Boller started 17 games before he lost his starting job to Anthony Wright. The other starts were due to injuries to the starter.

You are trying to spin your stupid comment now. Even with this spin job, thats the same number of starts by EJ. Again, it makes no sense.

No excuse for 2014 though, when Lil Doug went into the pre-season with only EJ, Thad, and Tuel until Marrone screamed bloody murder.

Marrone screamed bloody murder? Have a clip or link for this?

You are trying to spin your stupid comment now. Even with this spin job, thats the same number of starts by EJ. Again, it makes no sense.

Marrone screamed bloody murder? Have a clip or link for this?

There are tons of stories about Marrone flipping out in camp that year. Google it.