Whaley can Learn From Ozzie Newsome.

#34fan

By competing against Kevin Kolb, Jef Tuel, Thad Lewis, Jordan Palmer, Matt Leinart? The only time Whaley tried to bring in legit QB competition was when he was forced to do so.

Maybe one of these days you may admit that Bills haven't been a well run franchise for a long long time.

I guess he could have brought in Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical response expected from a 10-year old.

I'm guessing there were no other QBs to look at other than Brady or Rodgers. Oh woe for Whaley.

No, but we should have drafted Derek Carr or Dak Prescott. The Bills need to get some QB people in here that are gurus and attack the draft. No more drafting a guy and waiting 4 years. I think most of can agree that the Bills need to step up and draft someone good. We have waited more than enough years.

Typical response expected from a 10-year old.

I'm guessing there were no other QBs to look at other than Brady or Rodgers. Oh woe for Whaley.

That's the best insult you have?

As a matter of fact, there were no other QBs available after Kolb went down. The plan was to start Kolb and groom EJ, remember? That went out the window after Kolb gotten taken out by the rubber mat.

I know we just elected a president who makes up his own reality. I guess you think you can rewrite Bills history and no one will notice.

No, but we should have drafted Derek Carr or Dak Prescott. The Bills need to get some QB people in here that are gurus and attack the draft. No more drafting a guy and waiting 4 years. I think most of can agree that the Bills need to step up and draft someone good. We have waited more than enough years.

It's so easy. Why has no one thought of that? :blink: All you have to do is get a GOOD QB! Look at this website 47 QBs drafted from 2013-2016. Only a handful amounted to anything.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

As a matter of fact, there were no other QBs available after Kolb went down. The plan was to start Kolb and groom EJ, remember? That went out the window after Kolb gotten taken out by the rubber mat.

I know we just elected a president who makes up his own reality. I guess you think you can rewrite Bills history and no one will notice.

It's so easy. Why has no one thought of that? :blink: All you have to do is get a GOOD QB! Look at this website 32 QBs drafted from 2013-2015. Only a handful amounted to anything.

No excuse for 2014 though, when Lil Doug went into the pre-season with only EJ, Thad, and Tuel until Marrone screamed bloody murder.

It's so easy. Why has no one thought of that? :blink: All you have to do is get a GOOD QB! Look at this website 47 QBs drafted from 2013-2016. Only a handful amounted to anything.

Ah yes, the Kolb staying healthy "plan." What a well thought out venture.

Only 2 drafted by the Bills.

No excuse for 2014 though, when Lil Doug went into the pre-season with only EJ, Thad, and Tuel until Marrone screamed bloody murder.

14 QBs that year. One QB's worth a damn: Carr, who needed 3 years to fully develop. One adequate starter: Bridgewater. The rest backups and duds.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 QBs that year. One QB's worth a damn: Carr, who needed 3 years to fully develop. One adequate starter: Bridgewater. The rest backups and duds.

Lil Doug had an entire off-season before training camp started to make a move - ANY move - to strengthen the position and did absolutely nothing. Completely inexcusable and a fireable offense.

The Ravens have had between 8-11 picks the past 5 Drafts...

They always seem to come up with more than 7...Whether it's through compensatory picks or whatever...

Since the 2006 Draft (11 Drafts total) the Ravens have only had less than 7 picks once, and only 7 picks twice...5 of those 11 years they have had 9 or more Draft picks...

The Bills have 6 picks this year...3 of those picks are 5th round or later...

Whaley loves to Trade Draft picks and it drives me insane...IMHO there is nothing that can stunt team building like trading away Draft picks...ESPECIALLY when you are trading those picks without a Franchise QB, and not to GET a Franchise QB... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

They always seem to come up with more than 7...Whether it's through compensatory picks or whatever...

Since the 2006 Draft (11 Drafts total) the Ravens have only had less than 7 picks once, and only 7 picks twice...5 of those 11 years they have had 9 or more Draft picks...

Whaley loves to Trade Draft picks and it drives me insane...IMHO there is nothing that can stunt team building like trading away Draft picks...ESPECIALLY when you are trading those picks without a Franchise QB, and not to GET a Franchise QB... B-)

Agreed. I will say though that many fans here in Baltimore are down on Ozzie for his recent drafts, lot of picks that have never panned out.

I don't need any better insult than a replay of your posting history over the playoff drought.

I don't need any better insult than a replay of your posting history over the playoff drought.

honestly, there have really only been 2 good quarterbacks drafted since the afl-nfl merger. can't blame the bills for missing on them.

Agreed. I will say though that many fans here in Baltimore are down on Ozzie for his recent drafts, lot of picks that have never panned out.

See...I think that's the whole point of always getting more...Success rate for every team is shaky, even the best...So...the more picks you get, the better your chances are to land a few more gems...

BTW...It seems like consensus in my Scouting group that the Ravens had an awesome 2016 Draft...I do not follow them enough to know...But a bunch of folks in the group were talking their Draft up all year... B-)

dude, he doesn't need to steal ozzie's book. he just needs to be privy to it. just a lil' bit o' privy-ness. once doug gets privy to that damn book, it's gonna be on like a mofo.

:lol: The drawback is you have to take responsibility whether your privy, or not privy.... And here I thought "privy" was just a euphemism for "the sh!tter"... Oh wait! -That's where we're at!

One year. He was excellent in his second season. Stop while you're behind here, promo. Edited by dave mcbride

See...I think that's the whole point of always getting more...Success rate for every team is shaky, even the best...So...the more picks you get, the better your chances are to land a few more gems...

BTW...It seems like consensus in my Scouting group that the Ravens had an awesome 2016 Draft...I do not follow them enough to know...But a bunch of folks in the group were talking their Draft up all year... B-)

Yeah, some of their earlier picks from this year were injured, but Tavon Young and Matt Judon look good from Day 3 and others like Lewis and Dixon have potential. It had been awhile since he'd drafted any impact players though.

:mellow: Um... Why does this sound remarkably significant?