Sully: Bills aren't exactly doing a coaching star search

Rico

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I didn't read it, because I don't read TBN, but here's what I don't understand:

Didn't they hire the big-name star 2 years ago?

How'd that work out?

Shouldn't getting the right guy be priority, and NOT just a big name?

This. Thanks.

Another turd. Sully if you're reading this please retire and stop wasting my money.

Meaning no offense, but whether or not you waste money would seem within your own control right now.

If you feel the urge to support print media (a very good idea IMO) in this digital age you can choose a paper anywhere in the country, tailored to fit your political views even - NYT, WSJ, Wash Post, whateves.

I seem to remember a similar reaction when Marv Levy was hired. Most reporters were calling him washed up. They also couldn't believe how someone as intellectual as Marv could relate to football players. After all, his college degree was in History! How was he going to turn the Bills into winners?!

So much for predictions.

That's it ! we need a historian who is also a football coach.

maybe someone who read the Art of War? (Naval Academy)

That's it ! we need a historian who is also a football coach.

maybe someone who read the Art of War? (Naval Academy)

His degree was in Literature and at the time of his hiring he just on the Grey Cup in the CFL; after doing average in Kanas City. I love the hate for the media, after all they created this mess we call the Buffalo Bills!

BTW exactly who are the star candidates that are in the market this year and that the other teams are interviewing?

If memory serves, the last two available big name coaches were Chip Kelly and Rex Ryan.

BTW exactly who are the star candidates that are in the market this year and that the other teams are interviewing?

If memory serves, the last two available big name coaches were Chip Kelly and Rex Ryan.

There are no big names like Kelly or Ryan. Maybe Coughlin but he's really old. I do agree with Sullivan that the list the Bills have compiled so far is unimpressive.

I would expect the biggest catches this year would be Shanahan and McDaniels. Cooter will be the hot name next year if he doesn't get a job this off-season.

There are no big names like Kelly or Ryan. Maybe Coughlin but he's really old. I do agree with Sullivan that the list the Bills have compiled so far is unimpressive.

I would expect the biggest catches this year would be Shanahan and McDaniels. Cooter will be the hot name next year if he doesn't get a job this off-season.

But that's the whole point. There are no high profile coaches that are available this year, and Bills are interviewing the available field. It's not like Buddy telling the world that his phone is ringing off the hook, despite some high profile coaches turning Bills down, and then out of the blue they spring Chan Gailey on the public.

What do Sullivan and anyone not directly involved with college or NFL football really know about being an NFL head coach?

Another turd. Sully if you're reading this please retire and stop wasting my money.

I think it more like the Bills and Sabres are wasting my money... he just reports the dysfunction.

What do Sullivan and anyone not directly involved with college or NFL football really know about being an NFL head coach?

Obviously more than ANY coach the Bills have hired since Wade Phillips!!!!!

I think it more like the Bills and Sabres are wasting my money... he just reports the dysfunction.

Obviously more than ANY coach the Bills have hired since Wade Phillips!!!!!

There's absolutely no doubt that he's been more right than they have.

There's absolutely no doubt that he's been more right than they have.

It just frustrates me to no end that the Pegulas keep slapping us in the face with these morons they hire after saving the Bills and Sully gets more heat. I've been negative ever since it was clear EJ was a bust and Pat LaFontaine was basically canned for an inferior GM. I am now more sad than angry...