The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That wasn't the Gestapo, that was the RMVP.  Goebbels, not Himmler.  

CNN wouldn't last 3 seconds in a truly repressive political regime

no wait, they'd suck up to the leadership in 2 seconds if a serious threat was faxed to HQ

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

in my estimation, you are correct, this would be the first step (gosh is that first step taking forever to unroll). by my understanding, while the beginning of the corruption quite possibly began back in 1913, i believe the current corruption began during the Reagan administration. the systemic underbelly is likely deep at this point and a systemic operation to eradicate said nefarious elements would be not only necessary but welcome. with that said, i don't trust them, one bit. call me jaded but, and this is why i am considered an anarchist, i think the only way to ensure a complete purge is to push the lot of them to the curb and start over.  

are your sources telling you this?

:beer: I hear you, and while I'm not an anarchist (I still think there's hope for the republic, fool that I am), I have always been concerned about the possibility of trading one type of terrible for a different kind of terrible. So far, I've been reassured at nearly every turn that what's happening is borne from a genuine desire to return as much power as possible to the people/individual. The true test is yet to come of course, and that's whether or not the hammer truly drops. 

Re source: Kind of - but it's mainly me reading the tea leaves. My best sources never give anything that concrete because they can't. We talk around stuff, and I go off our shorthand/their reactions to my statements of "fact" if that makes sense. The journalists/investigators I've worked with are all split as to how it will actually shake out. I'd say last year at this time those types were probably 80/20 in terms of those who thought nothing would happen and those who thought indictments would hit. Today it's much closer (in my in-no-way-scientific-poll) to 40/60 now the other way.

The insiders have always been steady in their belief that they have a lot of people by the balls, legally/evidence speaking and there would be examples made. The ones I knew before Trump/Russia had always been jaded because they'd tried to get things done before inside the system only to see it peter out -- but even they have been steadfast. 

54 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They still have a belief that the rule of law will go their way (i.e. that they'll get the impeachment they want.) . It's ingrained in their self-identity at this point; the moment that's attacked is the moment people become dangerous.

Agreed -- and it's why I think they've had to go so slowly. The plan was to clean out the DOJ and FBI so both could work properly when they brought their cases forward. What better way to restore faith in institutions is there than showing that they still work? By that I mean, they're going to bring cases that are so airtight and backed by evidence that will be difficult to deny -- and test them in court, and get a jury to convict. 

Plenty of people will still find that outrageous - but done within the system, and within the public spotlight, it'll be difficult to suggest it's anything but legal/justified. And done properly, over time, it'll allow the public steam to blow off without boiling over (what was there, 8 months between indictments and trials beginning in the Manafort/Flynn matters?). 

I think riots/protests will likely happen / be encouraged... but they'll be survivable/isolated enough as to not spill out into actual civil war type stuff. 

But again -- optimist. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Maybe that is the desired outcome in having a couple flee the country.  It would be an admission of guilt to even a lot of the looney left.  The Clinton jet holds how many?

I can see this as being part of the release valve. Letting some flee would be an admission of guilt (because the evidence would still come out/be presented to back the rationale behind the indictments) and also spare the country of a long divisive trial for the royalty. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Plenty of people will still find that outrageous - but done within the system, and within the public spotlight, it'll be difficult to suggest it's anything but legal/justified.

The triumph of optimism over basic human psychology.  A large part of the country has been literally brainwashed, in the most fundamental sense of having a set of axioms, beliefs, and a group association incorporated in to their very identity.  

You don't overcome that by slow-rolling indictments in the hopes they'll come around.  In large groups...well, it generally takes a war to shake that sort of programming.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The triumph of optimism over basic human psychology.  A large part of the country has been literally brainwashed, in the most fundamental sense of having a set of axioms, beliefs, and a group association incorporated in to their very identity.  

You don't overcome that by slow-rolling indictments in the hopes they'll come around.  In large groups...well, it generally takes a war to shake that sort of programming.

I guess that I see it differently.  I still think a sizable number of liberals are such based on individual rights issues such as abortion and smoking pot but really are not militant on other issues.  We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They still have a belief that the rule of law will go their way (i.e. that they'll get the impeachment they want.) . It's ingrained in their self-identity at this point; the moment that's attacked is the moment people become dangerous.

(I also have this really odd thing where I can't click the "Quote" link on your posts.  I have to multi-quote to quote them.  Whatever your board issue is with posting, it's weird.)

Or they're seeking asylum from political persecution, because Trump's going after his enemies and using the DoJ as his own Gestapo.

Think like someone who, again, has made the #Resistance an integrated part of your self-identity.  Would you believe you were wrong?  Would you accept contrary evidence as contrary, or find a way to use it to justify your self-image?

It isn't just me ... @Deranged Rhino and @plenzmd1 also have this glitch (I am sure there are other, "lucky" ones). 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My biggest concern is what they do with Obama, and possibly Hillary. That will have to be handled with kid gloves (possibly a proactive presidential pardon ? - which would piss off many, but maybe for the best).

Not only no, but absolutely not! Remember after Trump won, some were still calling for her to be locked up but Trump said he thought Hildabeast had suffered enough because of her loss. A short time later she hit the trail to harpy(ing) against him... Some thank you huh?

Would you expect it to be any different because of this? Can you imagine the uproar if Obama were charged, but then abruptly pardoned, without the country seeing all the evidence of a hearing? Do you really think Obama would give a thank you and fade away? Nope, and you can't take a pardon away once granted if he goes all a55hole.

Trial and conviction first... Then, and only then, should Trump consider clemency only IMHO. But then, who am I kidding... Democrat governors will line up at the altar of Obama to pardon him, setting up a real Constitutional crisis over who can issue a pardon for crimes like this. I think that is a fight Trump should have fought over the pardons granted to illegal aliens by governors since immigration is a federal authority, not a state.

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There are four - not one or two or three, but four - ongoing criminal investigations by US attorneys into everything from FISA abuse, to criminal leaking, to sedition. 

Are you including Nunes’ referrals in that count?

5 hours ago, GG said:

This is one of those cases where much consideration needs to be placed on what is the "right" thing to do and the "right" way to do it

The only analogy I can provide is how sometimes husbands respond to a question from the wife....

To be honest Hillary does look fat in that dress

Carter Page: Obama’s FBI, DOJ May Have Spied On Trump Admin, Not Just Campaign

Carter Page’s revelation that he remained in touch with Steve Bannon and others during the transition period and following Trump’s inauguration raises a much larger question.

Recent statements to The Federalist from former Donald Trump campaign advisor Carter Page suggest the Obama administration, and later career Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation employees, used the Page surveillance orders to spy, not just on the Trump campaign, but also on the Trump transition team and the Trump administration.

Over the weekend, Page told The Federalist that after he left the Trump campaign in late September 2016, he continued to communicate with individuals officially connected to the campaign. “Yes, I stayed in touch with them – including during the transition months and after the start of the new administration,” Page said. While Page refused to identify all of the individuals with whom he maintained a relationship in order to protect their privacy, he confirmed that he remained in contact with Steve Bannon.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Pelosi/Schumer press conference was a disaster for them. They looked lost, confused, and showed once again they're TERRIBLE at thinking on their feet. Trump surprised them with this move today, and they exposed themselves. 

It's over for the DNC. No one has told the media, but it's done. They have no arguments left to make, and now the evidence stream will be unending for them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Pelosi/Schumer press conference was a disaster for them. They looked lost, confused, and showed once again they're TERRIBLE at thinking on their feet. Trump surprised them with this move today, and they exposed themselves. 

It's over for the DNC. No one has told the media, but it's done. They have no arguments left to make, and now the evidence stream will be unending for them. 

It will never "trickle down" to the local lemmings like McTibs.....................

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Democrats remain stupid, with time running out.  Trump loves, even feeds off this chaos and the Democrats are shoveling the coal into the furnace.

They don't realize Trump's biggest weakness is the actual policy work of being President.  They could turn infrastructure, healthcare into wins for themselves ahead of 2020.  

• Like (+1) 1

Compartmentalized Fusion cells were one of the things the IC were "committed" to NOT USING post 9/11 to prevent intelligence failures. 

They went back on that for the Russia investigation... why? 

Because it was never about Trump/Russia and always about covering up illegal spying inside the government. They needed to keep it small to limit fallout and prepare the coup. So they broke the very rules they wrote post 9/11. 

Brennan and Clapper did so intentionally, not to protect the US or national security, but to protect their own butts. 

• Like (+1) 3