The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The criminal leak investigations must be over at the rate this stuff is breaking this week: 

Schiff is screwed. Facing multiple felonies now.

If he does... let's just say I'd like to see him in orange as much as I would like to see Obama in that color (and it is never going to happen to Obama). ? ? ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The criminal leak investigations must be over at the rate this stuff is breaking this week: 

Schiff's letter is the most childish tantrum I've seen outside of Twittler's account.  "If you don't do what we want, I'm going to impeach the president, you doody-head!"  

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Schiff is screwed. Facing multiple felonies now.

But as a senator, he also has lots of immunity when Congress is in session (which it eternally is these days).

Depends on the charges, but a lot of them that might be filed, he could justifiably claim immunity under the same logic that the Trump investigation was largely bull####: it criminalizes policy disagreement.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Let's just say IF TRUE (and I don't know that it is), I doubt this would be used for what she thinks it's going to be used for. 

I have a feeling he's not going to invoke it, the story's just being planted to make people squirm.

• Like (+1) 2

New Document Exposes Two Russian Dossier Sources

</snip>

In Kavalec’s handwritten notes from their interview, she makes note of two of Steele’s dossier sources; “Trubnikov” and “Surkov.”

</snip>

Surkov is Vladislav Surkov, an aide of Vladimir Putin who is on the U.S.’s list of sanctioned individuals, and Trubnikov is Vyacheslav Trubnikov, who is currently the First Deputy of Foreign Minister of Russia and formally served as the Director of Foreign Intelligence Service.

Interestingly, Trubnikov is an associate of Halper.

</snip>

Stefan Halper had cozied up to three Trump campaign advisers, Carter Page, Sam Clovis, and George Papadopoulos in an attempt to garner damning information from them. The FBI would (falsely) claim one of those men (Papadopoulos) was the reason they began investigating the Trump campaign in the first place, while they obtaining a FISA to spy on another (Page).

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.apnews.com/4d40602ce3864514842a336683d42096

Why? 

Brennan hasn't had security clearances for almost 8 months. What is he going to be able to tell the Gang of 8 and others that they don't already know? 

How to leverage the situation to create a distraction in an attempt to save their collective asses?

• Like (+1) 2