The Buffalo media in a sentence.

turftoe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBN; combining a lack of objectivity, integrity, verification of facts, and actual sources, showcasing all degree of mastery of literary fallacy and grammar, and relying on Twitter, petulance, and personal agenda to generate insightless coverage of local sports.

Here you go:

Not blaming the media for the GM's poor ability to communicate. But i do believe TBN and Rodak are incompetent hacks who make up drama because the FO doesn't respect them enough to give them interviews. They talk to Vrentas and Wawrow, so it seems they just don't like the locals.

What do you expect them to report, "another great season, another great draft, we are so close." "This is a first-rate organization!" "Nothing to see here."

Pegula hasn't been here 17 years yet they have verbally abused the guy since day one. The BN has become a mean spirited tabloid. I can't remember the last time they actually did some research and actual journalism. Everything has a negative slant and is based on opinion only.

Well said. This is also made worse by an increasing demand for content and the fact that negative online articles are proven to get more clicks. Journalism takes a back seat and the negative opinion columns rule the day.

Felser rolling over in his grave....

What do you expect them to report, "another great season, another great draft, we are so close." "This is a first-rate organization!" "Nothing to see here."

Heck no. No one is asking them to paint a pretty picture. What is sickening is how they stoop to the low denominator and make personal attacks on good people. The Pegulas are good people, who, by the way, happened to have saved our team from relocation. Do you think the Pegulas want to keep losing? They are fairly new to this game and have made a few mistakes along the way. Having Jerry Sullivan tweeting that TP is a bozo or worse is so low brow. They (TBN) go out of their way to create the idea that the bills are dysfunctional. "No coach would ever want to come here", yet they are the ones who have made it their job to personally attack every coach who has been here. They have alienated themselves because of this low brow, mean spirited, tabloid mentality. Would anyone in the Bills organization every trust a BN writer enough to give him a scoop? You cant trust any of these guys to report things in an unbiased way. They are a bunch of jilted tabloid guys with a sour disposition.

Edited by turftoe

Are you speaking of JW? I also like Sal Capaccio. Chris Brown and Murph work for the team but I still appreciate the fact that they actually gather some good information and get a different perspective on things. I'm just sick of the mean spirited tabloid stuff coming out of the Buffalo News.

Yep JW and Sal are making complete trash of the rest of them, with their actions, comments, approach to the whole thing and professionalism. That's also why the Pegulas spoke to them only.

Doin' what columnists are paid to do: Offer their opinion; don't like it, don't read it.

To say "don't like it, don't read it" just never gets to the heart of any problem any doesn't offer any solution. Yes, I've pretty much stopped reading the Buffalo News articles on this site.I sure as heck would never subscribe to their site. Will that really make any difference? Just not reading the BN articles doesn't keep them from spewing out their toxic, mean spirited opinions. Opinions that should be challenged when they go to far and become personal attacks against good people. I'm sick of it. There doesn't seem to be any accountablility for what is put out there. Throw out some conjecture, report it as unknown sources, throw in a few personal barbs, and sit back and hope that your catchy opening line gets some clicks. It's pathetic!

I see you enjoy taking enormous leaps in "logic" to fit things into your own narrative. This comment is the equivalent of hearing "I don't like Dominoes Pizza, it's mass produced junk" and responding "what do you have against Italians and the working class?"

Considering the local media hacks has nothing to do with being a homer, it has everything to do with acknowledging that they are bad at their jobs. There are dozens of questions that should have been asked at the 40 minute long press conference that weren't asked. They chose, quite predictably, not to ask those questions and instead focused on trying to "catch" Whaley in a contradiction.

This topic is completely unfair. They do a good job and we'd all be sad if they weren't doing it. Which could happen.

No, they don't, but thank you for white knighting them.