Chan Gailey retiring

Rubes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ was Nixs guy. at least he talked Spiller up enough.

I am just going to say it. Bills could not get any good Coaching because the reputation of the owner.

No matter who it was signing the checks though, they were written upon sub quality papyrus. Pegulas would have made Gailey a Star as an OC

I agree 100% we weren't ever going get great coaching with Ralph. I just don't understand the love Gailey gets around here, that's all. Even as an OC, when has he ever proven to be a great OC? Is there anything we can point to before his stint in Buffalo or after that would indicate this?

Good offensive coach and class guy. Would have been nice to see how much better he could have done with a real QB or a competent defense just once.

He made chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what during his time here.

He won 16 games in 3 years.

Bowles won 10 games in a single season with Fitz.

Marrone did better with Kyle Orton off the couch.

But Gailey sure could put Spiller in space...

He won 16 games in 3 years.

Bowles won 10 games in a single season with Fitz.

Marrone did better with Kyle Orton off the couch.

But Gailey sure could put Spiller in space...

The team's were not talented. If anything he cost us a shot at Cam by trying to keep his job. We were rewarded with Dareus... Even though i still liked AJ green there. I wanted Dez in 2010 too... Instead we never got receivers and ran a spread offense... makes no sense!! Stevie got the volume because he was legit the only target

I think Chan ran a really complicated offense that took a Harvard grad at QB to understand. The problem was while his brain could handle it the arm couldn't. If he'd had an arm to go with that brain, likely Gailey would still be coaching here as we'd made some playoff trips.

I agree 100% we weren't ever going get great coaching with Ralph. I just don't understand the love Gailey gets around here, that's all. Even as an OC, when has he ever proven to be a great OC? Is there anything we can point to before his stint in Buffalo or after that would indicate this?

Chan was a nice bloke and he did get reasonable offensive production out of mediocre talent offensively.... but overall he was a below average Head Coach.

Many of wished him to just be the OC. I think he overcame a lack of talent and cash for Coaches to hire on.

Made the best with what he was given.

But, i too am old, and more sentimental than most I suppose

Many of wished him to just be the OC. I think he overcame a lack of talent and cash for Coaches to hire on.

Made the best with what he was given.

But, i too am old, and more sentimental than most I suppose

I loved Chan the man. He was a guy who gave it his all. He was genuinely heartbroken when he was fired, and he cried on the podium.

Great guy. Will always be one of my favorite Bills.

chan did more with less than most of the coaches could ever dream. his patchwork starting OL rotation, his terrible WR's, his shaky QB, and the two headed beast of Fred/CJ.

Chan got so much from Fitzgeralds brain and Fred's heart. I guess, Chan would be the one with courage. But, who the hell is Dorothy?

Who's Dorothy? Well, have you seen Gilmore make a bone-crushing tackle?

No, I haven't either.

I mean, he couldn't choose a DC if his life depended on it. And he made some baffling decisions offensively.

But he was genuinely a good man. Adults can hold multiple thoughts in their brain.

As i previously mentioned, i am not sure he really had options to bring in Coaches who could compete. Those were the days when Ralph was still a bit tight with he budget.

Even Ryan Fitz was low budget at the time