With the 10th pick, the Buffalo Bills select....

NewEra

I agree with you on Deshaun Watson. I can't see him being any better than Tyrod throwing wise and he's not as good an athlete is Tyrod. Therefor he would really be a downgrade to Tyrod except we would probably have to spend a first rounder on him.

I'm not saying Watson is is perfect or anything of the sort...There are holes in his game...They are all still prospects after all until proven otherwise...

But any comparison to Tyrod is ridiculous...Tyrod has been in the NFL for 6 years now...Watson is 10 times the prospect TT was coming out...Watson completed almost 300 more passes in College than Tyrod did in far less games played...He competed 10% more of his attempted passes with almost 300 more passes attempted!!!...43 more TD's to only 12 more INT's...

Who cares if Tyrod is the better athlete? The Bills need the best passing QB they can get...And while Watson has been far from perfect, he's thrown it a lot in College, and thrown it with a lot of success...At least at times he has...

And I have no idea how Watson will adjust to the NFL game...That's the great mystery...But considering the level of prospect both were/are coming out, if Watson improves as much as Tyrod has over his first 6 years in the NFL, he's going to be one hell of a good pro QB... B-)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They trade down with some club desperate to get at the last 1st round QB (who turns out like Gabbert, which is exactly how our crackerjack scouting dept saw it too). Desperately seeking multiple safeties, wide receivers and just bodies in general to replace the enormous loss through free agency, the more tradedowns the merrier.

I posted this in another thread, but I don't think Deshaun Watson makes it down to the Bills pick at #10. There's 3 if not 4 teams that will be looking at new starting QB for next year. Unless they do something in free agency, that would be Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, and the Jets. I think it's a no brainder that Trubisky is going first, but believe Watson is gone next, provided he doesn't stink in the National Championship game. I love the idea of Mike Williams. The Bills have been missing a physical "go up and get it" receiver for a long time and Williams would be a great addition if he slides down to #10. Reminds me of Mike Evans two years ago. If not either of those guys, Jamal Adams. He's gotten almost no negative feedback. I think Mathieu but bigger and faster. I don't see them drafting DE or LB as they're pretty much going to be set with Lawson and Hughes at DE and a combination of Alexander (when re-signed), Brown, and Ragland at LB. Could see them going back to 4-3 as well with Dareus and Washington in the middle.

Why peppers and hooker and not Adams? He's the best of the bunch IMO. Hooker may be better in coverage but Adams lays the hammer down and is very good in coverage. Defiantly wouldn't want Peppers over Adams.

And at LB McKinley and Williams are both strictly 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. We have Hughes and Shaq at 4-3 DE. I'm not sold on Shaq as a 3-4 OLB so if we go 3-4 they make sense. If we go 4-3, those LBs make zero sense. Neither can play 4-3 OLB. I think my worst nightmare is going with a 3-4 D.C. If we plan on adding a big NT, it makes more sense. I just can't stand the sight of playing Darius at 3-4 NT. It's a complete waste of our best defensive player. Add a big body next to him and let him wreak havoc as 3-4 end.

Love the WRs and cam at RT and I dunno much about Solomon Thomas so I can't comment

Draft an elite KR/developing CB with our first pick. Pain

He can play right away,especially considering how much off coverage the Bills play,no matter who the DC is.

I posted this in another thread, but I don't think Deshaun Watson makes it down to the Bills pick at #10. There's 3 if not 4 teams that will be looking at new starting QB for next year. Unless they do something in free agency, that would be Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, and the Jets. I think it's a no brainder that Trubisky is going first, but believe Watson is gone next, provided he doesn't stink in the National Championship game. I love the idea of Mike Williams. The Bills have been missing a physical "go up and get it" receiver for a long time and Williams would be a great addition if he slides down to #10. Reminds me of Mike Evans two years ago. If not either of those guys, Jamal Adams. He's gotten almost no negative feedback. I think Mathieu but bigger and faster. I don't see them drafting DE or LB as they're pretty much going to be set with Lawson and Hughes at DE and a combination of Alexander (when re-signed), Brown, and Ragland at LB. Could see them going back to 4-3 as well with Dareus and Washington in the middle.

I can't see him making it to 10. Too many teams are desperate for hope at the QB position. Even given the Jets recent drafting history, I can see them going qb again if they truly believe in him.

If they're available S Adams/Hooker/Peppers or Marlon Humphrey, and another DB in Round 2. I'd be ok with one of the WRs if they traded down. My most confident prediction: they will not pick at 10. Either Whaley trades up for a perceived "last piece" or he trades down a lot to fill the roster with cheap depth (and probably still get a blue chip defender). This draft appears to be pretty deep in defensive backs and that's our most pressing need, even if Darby rebounds, Gilmore resigns and plays like he did in his better games, and Aaron Williams returns healthy (he should really retire though).

They trade down with some club desperate to get at the last 1st round QB (who turns out like Gabbert, which is exactly how our crackerjack scouting dept saw it too). Desperately seeking multiple safeties, wide receivers and just bodies in general to replace the enormous loss through free agency, the more tradedowns the merrier.

I'm always OK with this...More picks is pretty much always a good thing...The only risk in this case being if you miss out on the next great QB...And I'm not willing to prdict any of the 2017 QB's will be the next great guy...Though I do like a couple of them... B-)

I think you're probably right about that... :thumbsup:

Week 17 I think flat out showed the impact Taylor has on this team and offense. Letting him walk would be a mistake, especially it letting him walk is because we want to take a guy like Watson at 10 who I don't think has anymore upside than Taylor as a passer and isn't as dynamic with his legs...so whats the point.

I think we will stay the course with Taylor (and we should IMO, at least this year) and with the 10th pick we will likely take:

1. One of the top Safeties (likely Peppers or Adams).

2. One of the top WR's

3. One of the top DB's

I list those by position, because its way too early to determine how prospect will truly be ranked come draft time. Combine, interviews, etc all dramatic change it. Factors that will impact where we go:

1. Safety is actually a very deep position in this draft, we could move that to the 2nd round.

2. Gilmore - If he isn't brought back (and I think he will be) then DB becomes a much a major need and could become the top priority at 10.

3. Do we officially keep Taylor...if not, then QB clearly becomes a critical need that plays a major factor at the 10th pick.

4. Does Woods resign here? If not, then WR needs even further increases with Sammy having his 2nd off season surgery on his foot in 2 years.

Personally, I think we keep both Taylor and Gilmore and given the depth of talent at Safety, WR will be the pick at 10.

Going with BPA, if somehow Dalvin Cook falls to 10, we should take him. Haven't looked at the contract specifics but McCoy can play next year for us and be released after the season. Re-sign Gilleslie and we have Johnathan Williams. Dalvin will be a heck of a RB for the next 6-8 yrs and he'll be on a rookie contract for the 1st few years, so we can afford to have him behind McCoy for a year. McCoy makes too much money for my liking. I know we need a safety and WR, but to me if Dalvin falls to us at 10, he is the BPA at the time. DB and WR in rounds 2-3, although to me we have the talent to go with BPA in every round. There isn't an area where we don't need at least one player. If a OT falls to us in the 2nd, take him and plug him in at RT. A guard/center falls to us at 3rd, take him, Cogs. isn't a spring chicken. DT falls to us in Round 2, take him( KW is older) , etc. Take BPA and don't reach! Anyone remember Erik Flowers, or John McCargo and the Whitner reaches? Again, I think we have enough talent to go BPA and not reach.

Edited by Dopey

Going with BPA, if somehow Dalvin Cook falls to 10, we should take him. Haven't looked at the contract specifics but McCoy can play next year for us and be released after the season. Re-sign Gilleslie and we have Johnathan Williams. Dalvin will be a heck of a RB for the next 6-8 yrs and he'll be on a rookie contract for the 1st few years, so we can afford to have him behind McCoy for a year. McCoy makes too much money for my liking. I know we need a safety and WR, but to me if Dalvin falls to us at 10, he is the BPA at the time. DB and WR in rounds 2-3, although to me we have the talent to go with BPA in every round. There isn't an area where we don't need at least one player. If a OT falls to us in the 2nd, take him and plug him in at RT. A guard/center falls to us at 3rd, take him, Cogs. isn't a spring chicken. DT falls to us in Round 2, take him( KW is older) , etc. Take BPA and don't reach! Anyone remember Erik Flowers, or John McCargo and the Whitner reaches? Again, I think we have enough talent to go BPA and not reach.

You want to pick a RB at 10? And not even the best one in the draft?

You want to pick a RB at 10? And not even the best one in the draft?

To be fair, I've seen him as the #1 RB on a bunch of projected boards and a top ten draft pick. None the less, I would agree that it would be hard to pass on Fournette ahead of him. Reminds me a bit of the CJ Spiller pick over Ryan Matthews, but possibly even more egregious.

You want to draft Dalvin Cook #10 overall? 😳

He's a stud rb, I agree, but a pick like that would be a mistake

Wow...

All I can say about this is...

Duck!!! :lol: