Let's stop the Watkins is a bust nonsense...its WRONG...

Big Turk

Of course he's not a bust, but it was foolish to spend multiple picks on him under the delusion he could magically turn inaccurate passers into accurate passers. Meanwhile the clock ticks on his rookie contract and the Bills are still not a factor in the AFC.

Watkins has the potential to be a great player but sadly also a reminder of the limited vision of Bills' draft day decision making.

People just totally discount the fact that the team is completely different on offense when he is close to being healthy. He's just not been healthy. That is not Whaley's fault. He was never injury prone in college. There were no warning signs whatsoever. He flat dominates games like the very best receivers in the game when he is 80% healthy (obviously it's impossible to know the percentages but you can estimate). Tyrod would not be looked at at all the same if Watkins was his guy and healthy. There would very likely be no debate whatsoever if he should be the starter.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People just totally discount the fact that the team is completely different on offense when he is close to being healthy. He's just not been healthy. That is not Whaley's fault. He was never injury prone in college. There were no warning signs whatsoever. He flat dominates games like the very best receivers in the game when he is 80% healthy (obviously it's impossible to know the percentages but you can estimate). Tyrod would not be looked at at all the same if Watkins was his guy and healthy. There would very likely be no debate whatsoever if he should be the starter.

I agree 100 percent and still like the pick a lot, but ... it's a GM's job to recognize elite talent. Odell Beckham is every bit as elite as Sammy. Every bit.

I agree 100 percent and still like the pick a lot, but ... it's a GM's job to recognize elite talent. Odell Beckham is every bit as elite as Sammy. Every bit.

He is but he's a problem, too, which is why he was decidedly a step below according to all the scouting. It's funny, but Sammy was the only surefire star in that whole draft. He was the only can't miss prospect. And because he got hurt, he's getting all this crap.

He is but he's a problem, too, which is why he was decidedly a step below according to all the scouting. It's funny, but Sammy was the only surefire star in that whole draft. He was the only can't miss prospect. And because he got hurt, he's getting all this crap.

If he's a problem, that's the sort of problem I want. I see all of the Giants games, and he's basically uncoverable. He flat-out produces too.

Watkins is a potential star, but that's not the question. Would you rather have (1) Watkins, or (2) Odell Beckham AND an extra first round pick? Whaley chose the former.

And who said they would have picked him (and then hit it with their next #1)?

Let's start a thread....... Where would the Bills be if they Drafted Russell Wilson instead of TJ Graham in the 3rd round?

So tired of people questioning the draft of a very good (and could be a superstar) player.......

The issue is regardless of healthy or not they don't throw him the ball near enough times and generally have him lined up way outside....... The playcalling is ridiculous.

And who said they would have picked him (and then hit it with their next #1)?

Let's start a thread....... Where would the Bills be if they Drafted Russell Wilson instead of TJ Graham in the 3rd round?

So tired of people questioning the draft of a very good (and could be a superstar) player.......

The issue is regardless of healthy or not they don't throw him the ball near enough times and generally have him lined up way outside....... The playcalling is ridiculous.

Why not start a thread that we should have traded up in 1983 and taken John Elway instead of Tony Hunter and Jim Kelly?

I think if you put them side by side and both are 100 percent healthy (which they were at draft time), you take Watkins. I certainly would. That's not to say that OBJ isn't truly elite though. He is.

Oh and he has a QB & coach who make sure he gets the ball......

This is what drives me nuts, watching plays at the LOS and knowing there is no way that Watkins is being looked at or will be thrown to on passing plays. Watch the Giants and you know Eli is looking to OBJ or checking the defense to see if he can audible to get him the ball.

This is what drives me nuts, watching plays at the LOS and knowing there is no way that Watkins is being looked at or will be thrown to on passing plays. Watch the Giants and you know Eli is looking to OBJ or checking the defense to see if he can audible to get him the ball.

they throw the ball sammy's way when he's healthy. His issue is that he has struggled on the injury front, even in games where he is actually playing. He's rarely been 100 percent in the games he's played. It's just bad luck.

OBJ has had 457 targets in 43 games. That is an insane amount of targets. Imagine if Watkins got that many looks?

they throw the ball sammy's way when he's healthy. His issue is that he has struggled on the injury front, even in games where he is actually playing. He's rarely been 100 percent in the games he's played. It's just bad luck.

No they don't..... Pretty obvious watching the Bills.

Best (perfect) example was vs. KC last year...... He shredded KC the first half and ignored the second.....

Countless other examples too.....

No they don't..... Pretty obvious watching the Bills.

Best (perfect) example was vs. KC last year...... He shredded KC the first half and ignored the second.....

Countless other examples too.....

I don't know how you could say that. He's been 100 percent in about 5 games in his career.

Everyone on this team is made of glass, for whatever reason. (Especially skill positions). We've watched the same movie for over a decade and a half. One seriously has to wonder if this drought would've gone on as long as it has if we just put together one season with minimal injuries. Sh*t luck!