Question to ask as you watch today's game

I have a question. Why watch today's game?

Because I'm a Bills fan, no matter what the record, how good/bad the team is, I have an interest in watching them...I only get to see them 4-5 months a year and to me it's gold. Maybe I'm crazy...maybe a fanatic, because since I've been like 5 or 6 (over 50 years ago) I continue to watch them no matter if they make me frustrated or pissed I just can't turn off or not watch a game. I must be a loser, right?

Preach, brother.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Tyrod sits today but remains "the guy" for next season.

That decision is already made, as is the decision on who the HC is going to be.

Make no mistake, Lynn is the man but Tyrod won't be his QB.

Next year should be worse than this year, record wise.

The way it's been handled you are probably right, but if they had said Taylor is injured and they are shutting him down for the season, that would have been a perfectly reasonable explanation.

If the Bills lose, does Lynn take himself out of the running for the HC'ing job?

Actually he gets a bonus for improving the Bills draft pick by a lot.

I think you could also look at the opposite way. The Jets knew what they had in Fitz but paid him anyway thinking there weren't better alternatives. They should have moved on a year ago and developed the young guys. Like Fitz, I like Tyrod. But he's limited as an NFL starter. Probably best as a backup but I'd take him as. Bridge guy. But like Fitz, someone will pay him to start. He's just not good enough. The quandary is who do you replace him with, and it's too soon do know with whom they will do that if they decide to move on.

Fitz was coming off a very strong year and the Jets won 10 games. They were stuck. There probably weren't better alternatives, especially considering the season Fitz and the Jets had last season.

Fitz was coming off a very strong year and the Jets won 10 games. They were stuck. There probably weren't better alternatives, especially considering the season Fitz and the Jets had last season.

It serves as a cautionary tale for the Bills though. TT might be the best option for them, but is it worth it? And he'll cost $6M/year more and be tied to the team for several years.

Fitz was coming off of a strong year but it was an anomaly looking at the rest of his career. That's why no other team was interested in paying him. The Jets knew he would likely not be as good as he was the year before and should have developed the two young guys they had just drafted in respective years. They caved to short term hopes and it bit them.

I don't see how Tyrod sits today but remains "the guy" for next season.

That decision is already made, as is the decision on who the HC is going to be.

Make no mistake, Lynn is the man but Tyrod won't be his QB.

Next year should be worse than this year, record wise.

The Bills may have made a decision (and maybe not), doesn't mean Lynn has. Reports of Denver being interested in Lynn. You are Mr. Lynn and you have offers from Denver and Buffalo, which do yo pick?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Fitz was coming off of a strong year but it was an anomaly looking at the rest of his career. That's why no other team was interested in paying him. The Jets knew he would likely not be as good as he was the year before and should have developed the two young guys they had just drafted in respective years. They caved to short term hopes and it bit them.

In hindsight, yeah. But coming off such a strong year, it would have been nearly impossible to justify going with one the other QB's on the roster. They were looking short term, playoffs this season. They also had a defense that went from very strong to pretty bad too. Overall, a crappy season for the Jets, I guess. They were doomed.

And they are still eligible for the super bowl every Sept but we know better. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me 17 times in a row and... :(

you said the season ended weeks ago and that's why you stopped watching...that's all I was discussing

To be fair... the Jets way (drafting a bunch of QBs and keeping a vet), and the Bills way (getting a middle of the road guy from FA) both fail more than they succeed..... in fact all methods of getting an elite QB fails more often than succeeds, since elite QBs aren't exactly common.

If this upcoming draft was seen as a strong QB class, I'd feel a lot better about letting Tyrod go. but as it is, there's no clear upgrade available in FA or in the draft from what I can tell, so we stay put until there is. It's pretty logical imo.