If Coughlin becomes HC, should the Bills trade for Eli?

Tipster19

They won't hire Coughlin or Marv Levy as Whaley already has Lynn in his sights.

The thing is that the Bills announced that Doug Whaley would lead this coaching search, right? So, how does this next hire look different than past hires if Whaley is only leading the search? Didn't Brandon lead the past searches? And if he is still in the room when the Pegula's hire the next HC then what's really changed?

It's for 100% certain that nobody in the Bills FO really took a long hard look at Rex Ryan and his Jets teams or they wouldn't have hired him in the first place! I suspect this will be another popularity contest and the guy with the silver tongue wins again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't hire Coughlin or Marv Levy as Whaley already has Lynn in his sights.

The thing is that the Bills announced that Doug Whaley would lead this coaching search, right? So, how does this next hire look different than past hires if Whaley is only leading the search? Didn't Brandon lead the past searches? And if he is still in the room when the Pegula's hire the next HC then what's really changed?

It's for 100% certain that nobody in the Bills FO really took a long hard look at Rex Ryan and his Jets teams or they wouldn't have hired him in the first place! I suspect this will be another popularity contest and the guy with the silver tongue wins again.

LMAO! Love it.

That should solve the QB problem. I would fully expect Coughlin to recruit Gilbride as OC as well. Now if they would only lure Wade Phillips back as D.C.

Go Bills!

Maybe he can get Ryan Nassib? I'm sure Gilbride would love to come out of retirement to coach in Buffalo.

If thinks that the Giants wouldn't give up an aging Manning for some serious compensation should reconsider the whole picture. What's in it for the Bills? How about a franchise that is going down a very dark hole with the way that this organization has been handled in the last couple/few years. This is the type of team/roster that the Tuna made a HOF career out of, a mismanaged team that has a lot of big pieces but don't know what the hell to do with it. Coughlin is an experienced multiple Super Bowl winning desiplinarian coach. Make no mistake about it, the Pegulas have taken quite a public beating for the way that they have handled things since they bought this franchise. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were to pull a Malcolm Glazeresque type move here. Oh, and btw, that resulted in the Buccaneers winning their one and only Super Bowl. What I would like to see is Ernie Accorsi be named Senior Special Advisor and clean out that rathole mess that the Bills call a front office.

Absolutely. Think they'll take a 5th?

Or a fourth in 2018. The Jimmy Johnson chart says its the same thing and we dont have to give up a 2017 pick.

Eli with would have to given up to get him is not and upgrade to the team

Wow Dude. You on your fifteenth or sixteenth shot of Wild Turkey tonight? I cant even say that as a sentence and Im stone cold sober!

Yes, a guy who's 37 and has been injured much of the last three seasons is a must-get to bring us to the promised land, but we need to get rid of the 27-year-old with a 3:1 td/int ratio who also ran for as many yards as any qb in the last few seasons.

Dont forget that we currently have the 7th most points on offense and would have probably set an NFL record for fewest turnovers had we decided not to roll the turnover machine known as EJ Manuel out on to the field tomorrow because we still arent 100 percent sold on the fact that the totally sucks.

Edited by TANK2

Or a fourth in 2018. The Jimmy Johnson chart says its the same thing and we dont have to give up a 2017 pick.

Wow Dude. You on your fifteenth or sixteenth shot of Wild Turkey tonight? I cant even say that as a sentence and Im stone cold sober!

Eli > TT

Eli with what will be needed to trade for him hurts the team more than TT saying. Is that easier

Last off season the Giants went on a spending spree on defense because their 2015 defense sucked and they know the window is closing on Eli. Remarkably they turned it around in one year. Whether they go deep into the post-season this year or not there is no way they'll cut ties with Eli.

Eli > TT

Eli with what will be needed to trade for him hurts the team more than TT saying. Is that easier

You really didnt need to clarify it cause this trade is never happening. My hypothetical fourth was intended to be sarcastic only. You have to admit the way you structured that sentence is the way someone who is totally hammered might say it. Im just ribbing you a bit. No offense meant.

This is so dumb. You obviously trade for Brady.

I really cant wait for this team so suck hard next year with a QB other than TT. It is almost warranted at this point. The hate is stunning. Just wait.

A seventh for Brady or do you think the Pats just cut him and no one else puts in a waiver claim? Really dont want to blow a seventh if I dont have to. Maybe a compensatory seventh but my understanding of NFL rules is you cant trade those.