Bart Scott rips Dareus for comments about Rex defense

YoloinOhio

No wonder why we suck. I'll grant you KW, but man its a stretch calling those other guys leaders.

I would have questioned Shady two years ago but no longer, dude plays like he is on fire and leads by example. Same with Ritchie.

Sammy not sure how i feel about him

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have questioned Shady two years ago but no longer, dude plays like he is on fire and leads by example. Same with Ritchie.

Sammy not sure how i feel about him

I love Shady. I defended him when many called him a mercenary. The guy balls hard every time he straps on the pads. Some might call him a "me guy" but I can't think of a better label for an RB. He's just not a name that jumps into my mind when someone talks "Bills Leadership."

Yards given up per game between Schwartz's Philadelphia defense and the Bills defense this year through the last game.

6 yards difference per game.

You do realize that you're providing a totally meaningless set of stats, don't you? What is important, to this argument, is how did much the same defensive personnel perform under Ryan and Schwartz. How two different sets of players performed means absolutely nothing.

Instead of crucifying Dareus based on a out of context snippet, Scott, as someone in the media, should have read the whole piece with Dareus before offering a hot-take. Dareus indicated (I'm paraphrasing) there's a lot of communication that takes place, that they were playing faster in year 2, but that it fell apart when AW got injured. He basically said you can't expect street free agents to make the calls and have it look the same. I'm sure Scott wouldn't have loved the system as much without Ed Reed in Baltimore or Jim Leanord in NY, who was with Rex in Baltimore the year before, making the defensive adjustments.

Edited by transient

Instead of crucifying Dareus based on a out of context snippet, Scott, as someone in the media, should have read the whole piece with Dareus before offering a hot-take. Dareus indicated (I'm paraphrasing) there's a lot of communication that takes place, that they were playing faster in year 2, but that it fell apart when AW got injured. He basically said you can't expect street free agents to make the calls and have it look the same. I'm sure Scott wouldn't have loved the system as much without Jim Leanord, who was with Rex in Baltimore the year before, making the defensive adjustments.

It doesn't freaking matter. This 90 million dollar stoner's answer should have been "we failed him."

Done.

Instead the guy who in my opinion is single handedly responsible for the D nose diving (bc he can't stay off the weed) has ZERO business making a comment like that.

This group has Ed freaking Reed on staff. The GOAT at safety. And they have the audacity to publicly talk about systems being too complicated.

I hate this team. I hate our front office. I want to punch Russ Brandon in the face. I want Dareus traded.

1. Hire new GM/President and fire EVERYONE in the front office.

2. Hire Lynn or Shanahan

3. Trade Dareus

4. Trade Preston Brown

5. Re-sign Gilmore

6. Re-sign Tyrod or let him walk but as new GM I'd publicly state that what the old regime did with him was an embarrassment and that will no longer be happening here

7. Destroy and blow up Russ' "analytics" department.

8. Draft 2 QBs. Sign another

That would be where I'd start.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

It doesn't freaking matter. This 90 million dollar stoner's answer should have been "we failed him." Done. Instead the guy who in my opinion is single handedly responsible for the D nose diving (bc he can't stay off the weed) has ZERO business making a comment like that. This group has Ed freaking Reed on staff. The GOAT at safety. And they have the audacity to publicly talk about systems being too complicated. I hate this team. I hate our front office. I want to punch Russ Brandon in the face. I want Dareus traded. 1. Hire new GM/President and fire EVERYONE in the front office. 2. Hire Lynn or Shanahan 3. Trade Dareus 4. Trade Preston Brown 5. Re-sign Gilmore 6. Re-sign Tyrod or let him walk but as new GM I'd publicly state that what the old regime did with him was an embarrassment and that will no longer be happening here 7. Destroy and blow up Russ' "analytics" department. 8. Draft 2 QBs. Sign another That would be where I'd start. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

So you'd rather hear phony coachspeak from players than honest thoughts? I can't disagree more.

It's obvious that the entire defense (not just Dareus) struggled with Rex's scheme whether it's because they're all dumb or for various reasons. Why should Dareus keep his mouth shut about that?

If that's how Dareus feels then that's what I want to hear from him. I can't stand BS answers we see so often from players and coaches.

People are so emotional about Dareus' suspension. Get the hell over it. It had very little to do with why Rex's defense failed in 2015 and 2016.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

You're missijg the point, this team is filled with dummies and unprepared quitters so that 1-6 do not matter, as Mike Singletary said about "can't win with em" .

Sorry, if,your dumb and can't adapt, that an indictment of the player, not the coach. A few dummies couldn't do what was asked while others could, do dumb down the defense?

Add to this his suspensions and coming back to the field not in shape and getting injured.

Scott is dead on. Ive read where some have questioned Dareus's work ethic, yet he credits his lack of preparation on Ryan's system.

And I'm not sure what Rex's system has to do with the horrendous tackling this club displayed all year, specifically the nail in the coffin Dolphins game.

Unable to perform basic job functions and not being dedicated to your job when your being paid a kings ransom are not system issues.

He wouldn't last a week in New England.

Edited by dezertbill

It doesn't freaking matter. This 90 million dollar stoner's answer should have been "we failed him." Done. Instead the guy who in my opinion is single handedly responsible for the D nose diving (bc he can't stay off the weed) has ZERO business making a comment like that. This group has Ed freaking Reed on staff. The GOAT at safety. And they have the audacity to publicly talk about systems being too complicated. I hate this team. I hate our front office. I want to punch Russ Brandon in the face. I want Dareus traded. 1. Hire new GM/President and fire EVERYONE in the front office. 2. Hire Lynn or Shanahan 3. Trade Dareus 4. Trade Preston Brown 5. Re-sign Gilmore 6. Re-sign Tyrod or let him walk but as new GM I'd publicly state that what the old regime did with him was an embarrassment and that will no longer be happening here 7. Destroy and blow up Russ' "analytics" department. 8. Draft 2 QBs. Sign another That would be where I'd start. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

So you'd rather hear phony coachspeak from players than honest thoughts? I can't disagree more.

It's obvious that the entire defense (not just Dareus) struggled with Rex's scheme whether it's because they're all dumb or for various reasons. Why should Dareus keep his mouth shut about that?

If that's how Dareus feels then that's what I want to hear from him. I can't stand BS answers we see so often from players and coaches.

People are so emotional about Dareus' suspension. Get the hell over it. It had very little to do with why Rex's defense failed in 2015 and 2016.

Go to the accountability thread and re think things.

This franchise is a clown show. Dareus will be on....how many coaches and DCs now?

He has NO ROOM to talk. He is the antithesis of good leadership.

Don't forget after getting waxed by Pittsburgh he had the audacity to guarantee a win against Cleveland.

Joke.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Rex's defense requires a David Harris or Ray Lewis type of football intelligent player making the calls.

Bart Scott benefitted from playing alongside both men. Harris and Lewis were always on the field, rarely injured.

Absent Aaron Williams, the Bills did not have this person.

Edited by dpberr

Go to the accountability thread and re think things. This franchise is a clown show. Dareus will be on....how many coaches and DCs now? He has NO ROOM to talk. He is the antithesis of good leadership. Don't forget after getting waxed by Pittsburgh he had the audacity to guarantee a win against Cleveland. Joke. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Dareus isn't a leader. Whoopty-damn-doo. So what? He has room to talk because he was a player on the team.

Rex is a great interview.

Talks a big game and the Pegulas are new to the league. Sill anyone who's followed the NFL the past 8 years or so knows Rex talks a lot and outside of his first couple years in NY rarely saw the results to back it up.

**** where was Pegula when Kyle Orton embarassed Rexs defense twice in 2014?

Makes me think our new owners have no football smarts whatsoever and taking advice from Russ and Whaley doesn't help matters.

The more the team lost and the more the defense got trampled the more ridiculous and hollow Rex came off at the podium. What is there to say about how he wanted to build a bully defense as the number of runners gaining over 200 yards increased as the weeks went by?

Rex was a failure before he was hired by the Pegulas----the people most responsible for this inexplicable hire. His boasting act ran its tiresome coarse in NY and the area was relieved to see him go. His record was a losing record no matter how one wants to burnish it. Finding another job that payed him even more and gave him an extended length contract was an act of self-inflicted stupidity by the ownership. His record, lax coaching and out-dated approach to the game were well known before he was hired. The Rex they fired is exactly the same Rex they hired.

The Pegulas were new to the football business. Their intentions were to add some personality to a faceless, boring and irrelevant franchise. What they painfully learned is that a loud style doesn't trump a mature substantive approach to the game.

I'm cautiously optimistic that by allowing the GM to have the primary authority in hiring the next GM they are resorting to a more conventional system of accountability and responsibility. If the next coach doesn't work out then there is no confusion as to who is responsible.

Make no mistake that the roster Rex had to work with had flaws. It was far from perfect. But that isn't the core issue here. It is: Did the coach maximize the talent he had to work with or did it underachieve? If the games were even casually watched the answer is obvious.