Bart Scott rips Dareus for comments about Rex defense

YoloinOhio

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missijg the point, this team is filled with dummies and unprepared quitters so that 1-6 do not matter, as Mike Singletary said about "can't win with em" .

Sorry, if,your dumb and can't adapt, that an indictment of the player, not the coach. A few dummies couldn't do what was asked while others could, do dumb down the defense?

I disagree with you're main premise. Sure, players need to try to adapt to whatever they're asked to do, but that doesn't always translate to success. It's a coaches job to maximize his talent. Rex did not do that here. He ran his system and it failed with the players he had. The same players flourished under Schwartz and his system, which were obviously a much better fit. Edited by BarleyNY

The earlier comment about using DBacks for delayed blitzing has run it's course. See Tom Brady 2second release. It just doesn't work. I love Von Miller's response when asked about how fast in a little over 2 seconds Brady gets rid of the ball. His response " then I'll get to him in one"

That's a Wade defense letting his players react and move faster. That's why his defenses work so well.

"Let us play" was the Dareus quote that stuck out to me. Schwartz let them play and be aggressive. That was their identity and it worked for those players. Schwartz allowed them to play to their strengths. As a result, opposing offenses had to adjust to what they did - not the other way around.

I think Dareus was being kind to Rex by saying it was "too much detail". What he was really saying is it was the wrong defense for these players.

I know that. My point is: who gives a damn about him, and why should they?

Why?

Bart Scott knows the defense and just how simple it is.

We should be concerned if we have players who think it was too complex. We may not have the same defense, but we still have this player and others who apparently are not smart enough or do not put in the work to learn a defense that Bart Scott amply demonstrated is not difficult.

13251198-collection-of-crayons-on-white-

Edited by Peter

Why?

Bart Scott knows the defense and just how simple it is.

We should be concerned if we have players who think it was too complex. We may not have the same defense, but we still have this player and others who apparently are not smart enough or do not put in the work to learn a defense that Bart Scott amply demonstrated is not difficult.

13251198-collection-of-crayons-on-white-

Pettine wasn't too complex, or Schwartz. We'll be okay.

I disagree with you're main premise. Sure, players need to try to adapt to whatever they're asked to do, but that doesn't always translate to success. It's a coaches job to maximize his talent. Rex did not do that here. He ran his system and it failed with the players he had. The same players flourished under Schwartz and his system, which were obviously a much better fit.

you mean the coaches need to minimize the players stupidity. if you are paid 100 mil to play ball you better hire a couple tutors to help you learn your assignment. you know between bong hits.

I am starting to think Rex's system is not too complicated. These players are borderline retarded.

you mean the coaches need to minimize the players stupidity. if you are paid 100 mil to play ball you better hire a couple tutors to help you learn your assignment. you know between bong hits.

It's not too complicated. It was just wrong for these players.

Yards given up per game between Schwartz's Philadelphia defense and the Bills defense this year through the last game.

6 yards difference per game.

How dare you make a logical statement. We all know Schwartz would have won a SB here. Especially with EJ as qb.

It's not too complicated. It was just wrong for these players.

I understand what you mean. But these players are actually complaining that there was too much to think about. Not that they were dropping into coverage like Mario used to B word about.

How dare you make a logical statement. We all know Schwartz would have won a SB here. Especially with EJ as qb.

Using total yardage to attempt to prove some sort of point is the opposite of logical.

I understand what you mean. But these players are actually complaining that there was too much to think about. Not that they were dropping into coverage like Mario used to B word about.

Again, I just think they're being kind to Rex. It sounds better than "This guy was incapable of adjusting his scheme to the strengths of his players and couldn't make proper adjustments."

I am starting to think Rex's system is not too complicated. These players are borderline retarded.

On the contrary, its more of an unwillingness to adapt. When a player achieves success under a scheme that requires less thinking, they begin to think "why do I have to do this, the other way worked just fine." I understand this mentality...work smarter, not harder. However, even if it were more complex, I'm usually against the monday morning qb'ing when a coach leaves. One of the few times I'd prefer the pre-packaged cliche answers.