One Way to Erase Past 17 Years of Misery - Wade Philips

Peter

Would you take Wade back?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Wade back?

• Yes, as head coach
    • Yes, as defensive coordinator
    • No

There is only one way to erase the bad karma that has resulted in the past 17 years of misery.

As you know, I wanted to keep the coach that had the best record for the Bills in the past 17 years. He is gone now.

That leaves us one choice and one choice only: hire the guy who the Bills never should have fired and has the best record as head coach of the Buffalo Bills since 1998 and is the last head coach to take the Bills to the playoffs.

Hint: He did not wear a head set and now has as Super Bowl ring.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/30/wade-phillips-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-fired/

I am probably in the minority, but I always thought Wade was a great coach, a great defensive mind, and a great guy. We should right the wrong.

P.S. If we are considering Tom Coughlin, Wade is one year younger. A baby at 69.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, we are good friends with people who lived down the street from him while he was in Buffalo. Wade loved Buffalo while he was with the Bills. He also would love the opportunity to be a head coach again. I am sure that he would love to come back to Buffalo and would not have as much hesitation about the job as others would given the situation and how (at least) some in the NFL perceive the prior coach was treated unfairly etc.

They already have worked together.

Hmmmm.

Right. Plus Tony is a legit Starter and would instantly upgrade the passing game. We would need a better RT and still rely heavily on the run game as that was when Romo was at his best plus it would protect him from a lot of hits. That is my one concern with him is his frailty but maybe a yr off has allowed he to fully heal up (fingers crossed)

Actually that is not a bad idea at all. If we could somehow convince Lynn to stay on as an OC we will be set.

Or, even better, bring Roman back to run the offense that he created that Lynn had to dumb down for our stupid QB!

Wade was a very good coach, if a little old fashioned with the communication equipment. The guy certainly knows defense a heck of a lot better than RR , and seems to get very good D play wherever he goes. He turned a garbage Bills D in 94 into one of the leagues best in '95. Just like that. Truly a defensive guru and his players play hard for him.

Right. Plus Tony is a legit Starter and would instantly upgrade the passing game. We would need a better RT and still rely heavily on the run game as that was when Romo was at his best plus it would protect him from a lot of hits. That is my one concern with him is his frailty but maybe a yr off has allowed he to fully heal up (fingers crossed)

Getting Wade and Romo is a pipe dream.

And why would we want Romo. This isnt a super bowl roster. Theres about .1% chance he even plays 12-14 games in a season.

And why would we want Romo. This isnt a super bowl roster. Theres about .1% chance he even plays 12-14 games in a season.

I read here that we have an 11-5 roster.

All kidding aside, I would absolutely love for the Bills to hire Wade. I am not sure what the options are at QB or how much it would cost to get Romo, but it is likely that Romo would be the best of the available options (if he is available).

most people seem to think it is. (im not one of them)

To me if we get the right DC in here we can be elite on that side of the ball again and get weapons on offense and Romo would be a perfect fit. Dallas wasn't a superbowl team till they got back to running the football which is something we are good at.

I've been saying this - keep Lynn as DC and bring in either Wade or Schwartz as HC.

Go Bills!!!!!

You mean OC?