Everybody got choices

Yum!!!

Frankie's @ Harlem & Clinton in Cheektowaga (close to where Polish Villa II is now... Google Earth shows: "Train Stop Restaurant now) used to have the best "Helicopter Sandwich"...

"Thick slice of grilled bologna with sautéed onions, bacon and American cheese served on a toasted hard roll with lettuce, tomato and mayo."

SOURCE: http://www.eatattoms.com/menus/helicopter-sandwich/

Tom's Family Restaurant

RTS 5 and 20
Irving, NY 14081

Other places serve it in WNY... But as a child, it seemed like it was invented @ Frankie's, only place it seemed to be had @. Some good eats! Still remember my father (he personally knew Frankie growing up... Cayuga Creek Road, Clinton Street area) taking me there when he had appointments @ the VA or stops on the way back from "smokes runs" @ the Coast Guard Station (CGX). Would always get the "Helicopter Sandwich!" Wow... How I flash back to the mid-1970s... :)

Fried bologna with cheese on lightly toasted white bread with ketchup. - YES

My dad likes tomato (raw) sandwiches with sugar.

My son puts Frank's Red Hot on mashed potatoes.

Hot sauce in mashed potatoes? Well at least someone in that family has potential.

It's the Train Stop Restaurant now. Same kind of fare.Located between the Mobil station on the corner pf Clinton and Harlem and the Polish Villa II. My brother works out of the County Highway Dept. Garage across the street.

It's the Train Stop Restaurant now. Same kind of fare.Located between the Mobil station on the corner pf Clinton and Harlem and the Polish Villa II. My brother works out of the County Highway Dept. Garage across the street.

Hey Wacka! Thanx... I was trying to catch your ear... I knew you would know seeing how you grew up in that Cayuga Creek area!

That was a gr8 diner for me back in the day... Brings back a flood of memories going there as a small boy w/my father n the mid 1970s... So they still serve his "Helicopter Sandwich?" I take it is called a helicopter for the two trips of bacon (ie: rotors)???

Hope you are doing well!